Moon mining materials calculator

Hi all and a bit of help

I cant seem to find a materials calculator for moon goo construction - i.e.

If i want to make 20,000 Tungsten carbide armor plates, it ll tell me how many tungsten, platinum, evaporite deposits etc etc are required?

It seem strangely simple but im yet to find one, has anyone come across such a thing?

Thanks in advance

I’d typically say you should look at FuzzWork:

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprint/?typeid=11543

However, it doesn’t seem to be giving a complete berak-down of goo. Not sure what’s going on there.

Yeah Fuzzwork is good but i need it to go down to raw material level like P.I.

1 Like

Typically, you can toggle the Build Yourself options and get the materials there. That’s the part that I noticed wasn’t working.

Generally speaking, you dont want to build from raw, basic moongoo unless you have an exceptionally high number of reaction job lines (at which point it’s easier to react for profit anyways). As for finding one, it’s a simple matter to just create a spreadsheet yourself.

If all he’s wanting to do is feed a tech 2 production line it totally makes sense. Reaction profits aren’t that good anyway at the moment anyway unless someone’s selling stuff to you at a discount.

You clearly have not bothered doing the math for prices then. Several of us who lurk in the SCC lounge HAVE done so. As of market prices within the last 12 hours (to account for update drift), the only goo reactions that do not provide a profit (disregarding shipping costs and such) are ferrogel, nanotransistors, titanium carbide, hyperflurite, promethium mercurite, ceramic powder, and carbon polymers. With the complex reactions, profits vary from 0.20% to 41.95% profit.

That’s all from buying at SELL PRICES for materials. The reason why it’s not good to self-source from raw moon goo is you need to account for reaction cycles. In the ~6 hours it would take to get X complex material, how much would you be able to get if you did profit reactions and simply bought the resulting product you needed?

Using a cerberus as an example, you need 27 titanium carbide cycles, 10 sylramic fiber cycles, 2 cycles each of ferrogel and fullerides, 3 cycles of nanotransistors, 4 cycles of phenolic composites, 11 for nonlinear metamaterials, and 1 each of fermionic condensates and hypersynaptic fibers. 61 total cycles for complex materials at 3 hours each.

If you wanted to source from raw goo rather than intermediate, you need another set of cycles:
titanium chromide 19
silicon diborite 16
ceramic powder 5
hexite 6
hyperflurite 1
ferrofluid 7
prometium 2
carbon polymers 1
platinum technite 3
sulfuric acid 2
neo mercurite 2
caesarium cadmide 3
dysporite 1
fluxed condens 1
vanadium hafnite 3
solerium 1

Another ~73 cycles. In order to manufacture a cerberus from raw moongoo, you’re looking at ~164*3 hours alone for the t2 component materials. That’s over 20 days of combined reactions. ~4 days of straight reaction queuing with NO lag time between deliveries and starts if you had 5 lines.

VS being able to react say… terahertz metamaterials for the same amount of time making ~2.5k isk/unit profit (~1m isk per reaction cycle) or titanium chromide for ~6k isk/unit profit (~1.25m isk per cycle)? Which one makes more sense? Especially considering with the chromide reaction he’s looking at ~200m profit in the same amount of cycles.

yes making all the t2 mats for a ship is a waste of time unless you’re rotating 1 week runs, most tech 2 ammo/modules take 1-5 complex mats, if you want to make those why not. of course why bother making a measly billion running 10 full time reaction slots when you can make 3-5 billion in the same amount of time making tech 2 missiles.

Except… reaction jobs are independent of manufacturing and research?

He’s facing literally the same problem as miners trying to get into industry. Does reacting from raw goo save isk in the end? Maybe. Is it going to increase profit on a given item? Maybe. Is it going to increase profit margins overall, all things considered? No, it will not. He’s paying the opportunity cost of being able to make upwards of 200m isk (independent of his other manufacturing) in exchange for saving maybe 10% off the t2 component cost of the example Cerberus. It’s smarter to aim for profit over savings when the profit potential vastly exceeds any savings margins.

Doing everything in the chain yourself only makes sense when you can move the sheer volume to make it worth it. @probag_Bear is probably the single largest market share holder of hybrid polymer materials because he does have the capacity to do reactions wholesale in order to fuel his industry. Someone who is likely only aiming at being a small time player for these markets has no reason to be doing the whole chain.

I cant seem to find a materials calculator for moon goo construction - i.e.

If i want to make 20,000 Tungsten carbide armor plates, it ll tell me how many tungsten, platinum, evaporite deposits etc etc are required?

It seem strangely simple but im yet to find one, has anyone come across such a thing?

Thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.