More nerfs? If i return i'll earn less? enticing

And some just ACTUALLY HATE THE ■■■■■■■ CHANGE.

1 Like

Actual miners shouldn’t hate it, afk bot army miners will. So if you dislike it, good riddance.

3 Likes

Thank God that you’re here to tell us poor pitiful folks what we should and shouldn’t like. I don’t know how I’ve made it this far without your guidance. /s

1 Like

Ok, then state with facts and details what you don’t like about the changes.

2 Likes

Waste - The fact that any development time went into this at all is ignorant. This is an ignorant unneeded and unwanted mechanic. We have reprocessing waste already fiddle with those numbers instead of the garbage we got.

The mass changes of the barges… These were unneeded and unwanted too.

The only somewhat cool addition the mass waste crystals are so lack luster they’ll never be used. More pointless development time.

They went back on it because of the uproar and people rightfully telling them how stupid it was but they tried to add pi to moons… They’re STILL trying to remove the ore from r4s. They tried to remove the gas bonuses from mining frigates. The compression changes… Oh ■■■■ me the compression changes… They are still trying to add this ■■■■ too.

So instead of any new cool ships or modules or implants or ANYTHING AT ALL NEW TO DO IN THE ENTIRE GAME we get more number changing ■■■■■■■■. I’m not even mainly a miner. I only did it when there wasn’t a rorq tackled for me to kill or hunt but those are so rare anymore along with any caps at all the game is boring af. Instead of giving us new things to build or do our kill we get mining waste.

Now please tell me why I’m playing wrong or how my feelings are wrong or blah blah. I’m sure rattati likes how your tongue feels.

3 Likes
  • Waste doesn’t affect your yield so why would you care?

• They stated earlier today that the procurer and skiff will have their align times lowered by ~20%, all the others have better align times

• compression changes mean that it now takes effort to maximise things like that, as it should be. Or don’t put in effort and have loss. Why are you owed free and lossless compression? Do you think it’s fine for someone else to put up a citadel, pay for the fuel, risk and all that, and then you dock there and go “lol max compression for free yo”.

Going for max compression now requires more interaction and effort which is good as that increases active mining gameplay, which all miner say they want… until it happens, and possibly more interaction with other players.

Most of your issues are summed up by “what, effort?!?”

Also, I don’t get how there’s some really good changes in there that really help, but then there’s some things that are “nerfs” or are made different and all people do is whine about those, not taking into account the whole balancing of pros and cons. It’s like it’s never enough, it’s like carebears just always whine, like kids… with autism.

Things change, it affects everyone. Some more than others, the lazy ones more than the active ones. Deal with it.

2 Likes

I love how you see sitting in space clicking a button for 30 hours effort… I can’t even with you.

1 Like

Most carebears didn’t bother actually reading the patch notes and are only playing telephone with sensationalist victim bullcrap by parroting other imbeciles’ false narratives (like waste affecting yields). Go read the new wave of negative game reviews and threads on places like Steam and Reddit to see it for yourself.

3 Likes

So you don’t even play? Why would anyone care about the opinions of someone who doesn’t play or pay?

Moreso, why are you still being problematic on the forums for a game you don’t play? You think that’s normal or healthy?

1 Like

Because I want to play. Not this broken garbage this development team has on offer though.

Calling me a care bear is rich.

So you are obviously into mining due to your reaction to the update, even though you SAY you don’t but… yeah. You whine and cry on the forums, then stamp your feet because you’re not getting what you want and then unsub “to teach them a lesson”. Like a 7 year old.

You keep posting on the forums of a game… you don’t play. You are the epitome of a carebear.

1 Like

I calls them like I sees them.

Wipe your chin bud. I’m sure you’ll get a gold star for those bruised knees don’t worry.

grind? *pshaw

4 Likes

Definition of “Effort”:

1. Create new account
  2. buy PLEX to turn into skill injectors, or alternately sell some of the stockpile that was mined in golden rorqual age to buy skill injectors
  3. inject new toon into rorqual/orca
  4. grab a rorq/orca from one of the rage-quitters
  5. buy a POS, anchor the POS whereever you want to mine with the rest of your toons
  6. Crab up the Rorq/Orca inside the force field, engage compression modules
  7. instead of dropping stuff into the citadel, you drop it into the Rorqual which is inside the force field where it’s just as safe as it would be in the citadel
  8. if fleet produced too much ore for the rorq/orca to compress, repeat steps 1-4 and 6 until you have enough off-grid rorqual/orca alts to compress all goo that is mined on-grid

The new rorqual/orca alts can be skill extracted from the first day after they were created as they already fulfill their purpose perfectly, or they can be skilled into PI, reactions, manufacture, or other sources of AFK income, in order to have them PLEX themselves. Which is what likely will be done, as the players that will bother to show “effort” are the players that perfectly know how to generate enough ISK to keep their accounts PLEXed.

And the player who doesn’t show “effort” by not being willing to buy more alts or repurpose already-existing alts for compression? Well, they don’t show “effort”, so it’s fine they get less income I guess.

1 Like

oh lords I agree with that

m

2 Likes

First of all, the issue with mining waste is that it takes the “waste amount” from the rock before the “mined amount”. Got a rock that is at 20% of it’s capacity? Well too bad, you get 0 ore even though you sat through several minutes of a mining cycle.
When summed up, an average ore belt will now give you 2/3 of the amount it would given you pre-patch, while being more tedious to mine.
Less reward for more work, great balance patch right here…

Second of all, the difference between active miner and afk-miner is almost nonexistent.

1. Warp to a belt
  2. Target a rock
  3. Press F1-F2
    The only difference is that in 4) the active miner will watch the screen while the afk-miner will alt+tab to amazon prime

When miners asked for more activity during mining, they meant a system, which is fun, good to use and keeps your attention.

Bloody Elite Dangerous has a mining system, where you search inside an asteroid belt for the rock you want, scan the asteroid for fissures, drop charges of various sizes inside based on the scan results you received and then blow the thing up into smaller bits which you can then quickly collect with collector drones.
While EVE is still using the incarnation of absolute boredom introduced in 2004…

5 Likes

You just can’t get these smooth brain morons to understand this stuff. It’s sad to see people up here defending changes they don’t even understand. It’s like trying to explain things to a toddler.

1 Like

There seems to be a push by CCP to slow down resource acquisition which has a ripple effect through out the Eves entire economy. Many players seem to understand that if this trend toward slowing things down continues the economy will continue to deteriorate. Other players who ostensibly feel that their play style won’t be effected remain ambivalent and/or hostile toward those who are expressing their concerns.

Procurer has a 20 sec align time and lost 2 minds. Yes it can now use LSE but no ore scanner. Rorquals and Orcas are now at risk of being “hangar queens”. The devs expect that miners will now use fleets of exhumers to fill the void left by the nerf of capital miners. Both miners and hunters seem to feel that this is a ridiculous proposition.

Most systems continue to be “fly over”s with no belts. A lot of the majesty and grandeur of Eve has seriously diminished.

Speaking of “belts” they are now just blobs of rocks spaced to be inconvenient so as to slow mining drones. Additionally, from the stats I read the procurer has lost almost half its speed.

Asteroids remain small, with some miners claiming that they are gone in less than a cycle. Residue (waste) is now a thing so while yields are slightly higher you end up having less to mine as a varying amount of ore is lost in space. That is unless you want to take more time to mine them with T1 mining lasers.

Most of the miners I know have given up and unsubbed due to the fact that they were promised “scarcity” would end and it didn’t.

Prices for everything ships remain high and unless the remaining players who mine sub more alts they will remain the same or higher.

Ships have had their bpo materials changed. Mostly negatively.

Capitals remain unattainable unless you have “old money”.
I saw 7 billion as the current build cost for a dread. Recent changes in this patch saw a material reduction which most builders estimate will reduce that build cost by 300-400 million.

Log-in numbers are diminishing and from the reception of this latest patch they don’t look to be coming back any time soon.

From reading Reddit’s r/Eve subreddit, the normally passionate and engaged posters are becoming apathetic and resigned to the new reality; Eve is now a choice between accepting the increased grind or buying plex in order to play.

That’s the current state of affairs in Eve as I see it. It is more expensive to play with either isk or plex.

That said, CCP has said that they are listening to the player base and things may turn around.

5 Likes