Motorcycle accident, lots of things broken. Will this laptop work for eve online?

Gonna be on my back for 3 mos. I have my left hand to use. Will this laptop run one client? I type with my thumb. Thanks for your input
Processor / Chipset
CPU
Intel Pentium N4200 / 1.1 GHz
Max Turbo Speed
2.5 GHz
Number of Cores
Quad-Core
Cache
L2 - 2 MB
64-bit Computing
Yes
Cache Memory
Type
L2 cache
Installed Size
2 MB
RAM
Configuration Features
1 x 4 GB
Technology
DDR3L SDRAM
Installed Size
4 GB
Storage
Interface
Serial ATA
Memory
RAM
4 GB (1 x 4 GB)
Technology
DDR3L SDRAM
Form Factor
SO-DIMM 204-pin
Slots Qty
Empty Slots
Display
LCD Backlight Technology
WLED backlight
Resolution
1366 x 768 (HD)
Widescreen Display
Yes
Monitor Features
Mercury free, arsenic-free glass, edge-to-edge glass
Type
LED
Touchscreen
yes (multi-touch)
TFT Technology
IPS
Diagonal Size (metric)
29.5 cm
Display Resolution Abbreviation
HD
Audio & Video
Graphics Processor
Intel HD Graphics 505
Total Available Graphics Memory
2094 MB
Sound
Stereo speakers, two microphones
Features
Bang & Olufsen Audio
Hard Drive
Spindle Speed
5400 rpm
Type
HDD
Capacity
500 GB

1 Like

Yea also best time to start mining :slight_smile: Get well

Considering the Minimum Requirements:

• CPU: Dual Core @ 2.0 GHz
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Video: AMD Radeon 2600 XT or NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Iā€™d say you will probably have low FPS even on low graphics. Mostly due to CPU, GPU and limited RAM, while it says that 2GB is minimum I would say that you need minimum 8GB. The bare minimum for windows alone is 4GB. So long as you donā€™t mind the low frame rates it would probably still work for you, no large scale fleet action for you though Iā€™m afraid.

Well, that is available for $300 but not a deal if it wonā€™t work well. Iā€™ll find a more suitable candidate.

I would recommend you aim for:

• Intel i5 processor
  • Dedicated Graphics card.
  • 8GB Ram
  • SSD Harddrive

Not sure of the quality of ā€œGPUā€ build into the Intel CPUs, you might find some that could work, but you might want to do some comparison with dedicated Graphic Cards. Most laptops these days have SSD harddrives in them anyway so it shouldnā€™t be too hard to find.

About 5 years ago I bought a ā€œLimited Time offerā€ laptop in Aldi (German Grocery store, can be found all around EU I think). The price was around $850 and it has fairly good performance for itā€™s price. The Specs are:

• Intel I5-3210M Processor - 2.5GHz (3.1GHz Turbo)
  • Nvidia GeForce GT 645M
  • 8GB Ram
  • 1TB Harddrive (5400 rpm) - Iā€™ve added a 240GB SSD Harddrive (for System and the primary games I play)
  • Dolby Home Theater v4
  • USB 3.0 and BlueTooth 4.0

It runs EVE on high settings in most situations, however in large scale fleets Iā€™d have to reduce graphics a bit.

Check this out: Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6ā€™ Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U, Geā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FLBJV7/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_t1_SJqlBbMF2C8HQ
This seems appropriate. I only question the HD. Doesnā€™t seem like much.

Looks decent enough. My question would then be; is there room to expand storage with an additional Hard drive? Did some searching and you can do this, but you will possibly have to replace the DVD drive with a HDD Caddie.

This one is the same price. ā€¦better or worse?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDY3T7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_eqslBbV9EYQ6C

So Pros/Cons about the two Laptops:

Acer Aspire E15 (E5-576G-5762):

Positives:

• 256GB SSD - probably M2 SSD
  • DVD drive
  • Decent dedicated Graphics card

Negatives:

• No option to add more storage without (probably) replacing DVD with Caddy
  • Prone to heat problems especially around hinges.

Dell Inspiron 5000 (i5576-A298BLK-PUS)

Positives:

• 1TB HDD (5400 RPM)
  • Option to add M2 SSD
  • Decent dedicated graphics card (slightly better than on the Acer)
  • Better ventilation (appears that way)

Negatives:

• Donā€™t come with pre-installed M2 SSD
  • No optical drive (DVD).

Hope this helps you out, this is my thoughts on the two laptops. :smile:

In my experience, unless its an alienware or similar ā€˜gamingā€™ laptop with hair blow-dryer dB noise level fans, you will need a cooling pad or to undervolt

Biggest limits for most laptops: cooling & voltage

You may actually be able to play on low to medium settings with a cooling pad now, while you wait to pick something better. Your 505 graphics support up to DirectX 12, but try using DX9 (for older hardware) in the launcher setting settings if you run into issues, it forces off some of the awful fps killing cloud effects and such in anomaly sites. However it does mess up some appearances of SKINs (like glacial)

Actually, thatā€™s where the EVE clientā€™s multiple vsync settings comes in. You should always try to set it on Interval One to get a smooth refresh at 60Hz. When you set it to Interval Two does it run at 30Hz and uses less GPU power. Itā€™s still very playable for trading, hauling, mining and PvE, unless youā€™re very sensitive to the refresh rate. Great for saving power and producing less heat and fan noise.

@Siebmordan_Hur get better, mate. And always give the nurses a smile. Theyā€™ll help you get through it. :smiley:

1 Like

how one enable this i have interval one and interval warp speed 10 as only options?

Fullscreen Mode.

2 Likes

I ended up buying the Acer E15 that I linked above. The price was the main consideration in the end. I will be able to work towards sitting at my desk and the big computer with the dual monitor set up for running my usual 2 clients. Thanks everyone for your input! Next task is to find a Corp that will take a rusty old and mostly lame pilot!

My current laptop is listed as:

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/pd006109
Memory
PC3-8500 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Three (DDR3) Technology
Two SO-DIMM Slots
The use of 1067 MHz SO DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
1 GB, 2GB, or 4GB memory
Supports up to 8GB maximum memory
2GB, 4GB Intel Turbo Memory (selected models)
Note: Only 64-bit operating systems support more than 3GB of system memory (RAM).

So, for a few hundreds, instead of paying $400 or more for it, I would not be able to get 8 GB RAM on a laptop.
Now,

which one of those RAM Chip
http://www.canadacomputers.com/search_results.php?search_in=Memory&keywords=laptop+ram
work on laptop?
I know the laptop RAM chips are not the same.

Also, buying 4 GB RAM may work, but I didnā€™t verify the layout yet.
I may need to buy an 8 GB RAM set to fit it.

I had an R1ā€¦ 180 mph off the showroom floorā€¦ the fastest I went on her scared the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of meā€¦ was around 160 or soā€¦ pretty much was the last time I rode a motorcycleā€¦

thing is, that bike had another gear to goā€¦ idk what to say, I been in a couple incidents with dirt bikes, quadsā€¦ driving vans off a 30 ft cliffā€¦ ive had my share of sitting on a stretcher, in castsā€¦ etc. hope you for a fast recovery mate.

Thank you for the best wishes. I havenā€™t discussed the details of my accident anywhere. It was a low speed high-side. There was enough energy to break most of my ribsā€¦some of them in multiple places. My injuries include: flail chest, broken L clavicle, L scapula, R hand, L foot. Iā€™m not sure how I am alive really. GOD intervened. I had recently purchased a new helmet it was SNELL 2010 certified.

1 Like

Well Im glad youre okay manā€¦ I know what its like to take a spill, low and high speeds. That clavicle is gonna hurt ā€¦ as will teh ribs, with every breatheā€¦ I been there. You will recover fast! That a decent piece of head gear, at least you were smart enough to wear it!

I cant tell you how many spills I have had without a helmetā€¦ Ive had three concussions in my lifetime. I really was always a freedom type of guy, I dont like restrictionsā€¦ It just always felt unnatural to ride with headgear. I had my views changed when a high school brother of mine was brutally killed in an accident where he wasnt wearing head gear either. Actually, there was about ten or fifteen of us shitheads back then that were all friends who rode together who also had a change of heart after Tonyā€™s death.

He was hit head on by a high schooler in a car, he was passing someone illegally on the incline of a huge hillā€¦ stupid ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  kidā€¦ I was so angry at him for so longā€¦ really miss him man. I hope you dont give up riding like I did, but its nice to see you have hte gear too!

It probably saved your ass. it only takes 7 lbs per sq inch to crush a human skullā€¦ so, take that into consideration.

as for the laptop, I think it will work a single client but you may want to get a new one if you get any type of settlement from your insurance?

Have you purchased your Bedridden For Three Months Permit yet Pilot? I wouldnā€™t want you to get ganked for not being compliant.

Haha no, I wonā€™t be buying any permits. If I do get ganked it will beat laying around doing nothing. This toon has the skills for mining and other non combat activities but has never really done much. Maybe Iā€™ll start a new career as miner/bait.