I am seeking a replacement for a very old Dell XPS 13 with integrated intel hd 3000 graphics onboard. I currently run EVE on the lowest setting at ~30 fps. I would like to run EVE on high settings at high fps.
There are three primary contenders in my search. I am a student and I want a powerful portable laptop that can browse and occasionally play games. Bear in mind that the only games I play are EVE: Online and Final Fantasy XI Online, so I would like to avoid overkill in the graphics department.
Without further ado, these are the machines I am leaning toward:
- Dell XPS 15" 9560 - 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz) - 16GB RAM, 2400MHz, DDR4 - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5
- excellent build quality / form factor
- potent hardware
- long battery life
- nice display
- HP Spectre x360 15" - Intel Core i7-7500U Dual Core Processor 2.7 GHz - 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 2048 MB, Core: 1189 MHz, Memory: 800 MHz, GM108, 384 Shaders, GDDR5 SDRAM
- 2-in-1 functionality
- less potent hardware
- Razer Blade 14" - Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core 2.8 GHz - 16 GB DDR4 Dual-Channel RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6144 MB, Core: 1404 MHz, Memory: 8008 MHz, GDDR5, 378.92, Optimus
- greater hardware potency
? powerful dedicated graphics card (possible overrkill)
- customer service / quality control issues
- mediocre battery life
Interested to hear what the community thinks. Do you have experience playing EVE on any of these machines? Any advice you can share would go a long way. Thanks in advance!