Multiboxing Poll

I said what i did cause in many threads I have seen you do exactly what you said you dont…

You do tell others what to think or try to…

and…

You do tell others that they are wrong…or try to.

Well, it was a fun troll on troll.

The ISD will clean this mess up.

1 Like

I’m sure that when the mud has settled and you look back you’ll see clearer.

As others have pointed out, this is not a player issue, but a consequence of deliberate AND explicit choices by the game developer. Yes, if you run into a player who is multiboxing in a competitive situation you clearly are at a disadvantage. But that is also true if you run into a fleet of equal size, or a bigger ship or simply a player with more skill. And since this is definitely not a One on One competitive environment there is no issue. None. Ziltch. You adjust your behavior to the challenge, not the other way around.

5 Likes

Yeah, let’s have a civil discussion, instead of an argument. I have seen threads that got really heated get shut down early.

So, Miranda, if you could stop pissing people off with your bullship, that would be great.

lol. I’m kidding with that last line. I couldn’t help myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: removed screenshot of rulebreaking post - ISD Lord Arranoth

3 Likes

I’ll tell you why I responded to you the way I did. I’m not a bitter vet but I’m also not so new my entry into Eve Online wasn’t pretty but I quickly ADAPTED. I flew a retriever ONCE, got Ganked and never flew one again. (Another account) I’m not some super skilled multiboxer like the best of the best Jason Kusion but I found that it has its uses. Now if you actually read through the EULA there is no rule against it. Some may say its a gateway to botting but that is utter nonsense because a solo player can bot a single account.

You’re saying it has broken the game but honestly if you are in a fight and somehow break a multiboxers rhythm you may have a chance because he has more to focus on than a solo player. So as far as I’m concerned its a High End Skill in this game if the person is multiboxing a pvp fleet.

6 Likes

That wasn’t what I was referring to, Back to the original quote about integrity, it specifically discusses other players, not CCP:

The few with the integrity, implies a many others without it.

That’s the type of thing that would be better directed at CCP where the decision about what’s allowed is made, not at players, who just play within the rules.

For everyone that is against multiboxing in Eve does that mean your against multiboxing in all other MMOs or is it just within eve that you have the issue. I play several MMOs and a few of them I have a more than one account and that includes Eve. You need to realise the fact that multiboxing is going to be a part of MMOs. Just because you don’t like it/do it doesn’t mean others have to not like it/do it as well.

YES MULTIBOXING IS EVIL!

-gleefully stares at my 8 gank alts-

4 Likes

Eve-o?
I’ve been a terrible multiboxer and just bought 55" TV’s to display my accounts. Just learning about isboxer and eve-o

Only 8 gank alts is that all :smiley:

1 Like

It looks like this poll is pretty clearly split between extremely-pro- and extremely-anti-multiboxing, or am I reading too much into it? How many of the pro-multiboxing answers are from people who don’t multibox? I’m assuming there’s no one who’s anti-multiboxing who does it anyways. :laughing:

Some of the extreme anti-multiboxing answers in the poll have been multiboxed (check the names), the results were less polarised before that.

That said, I do both multibox and have some concerns about multiboxing, see earlier posts. Still I think that multiboxing is in a decent spot.

1 Like

Multiboxing is in line with the spirit of EVE:

• ships work well together
  • nothing is fair
  • risk more and you get a more powerful yet slower force with other weaknesses

Especially that last point is what makes EVE EVE: you can have a Venture mining next to a Rorqual, yet do people think it is unfair? There is a massive difference in yield and combat strenth, yet it is a fair part of the game as the bonuses come at the cost of investing into the character, putting more [r]ISK on field and a much slower response time.

A guy multiboxing an Orca and 5 exhumers is also mining much more than a Venture, yet he also invested in character progression to be able to put more risk on field with a slower response time, in order to get more yield.

EVE allows us to use more expensive tools to do things better, multiboxing isn’t much different (and also allowed).

2 Likes

I love using 4k displays and Kuroro Lucifer’s Autohotkey script to perfectly tile my clients.

Well, I’m not vehemently anti-multiboxing, but I actually do have some concerns and still do it.

Anyway, we did get a guy vote “very concerned” with 9 alts (all the Rekt toons), but even without his “illegal voting,” it still appears to be a rather divisive issue.

Let’s have a heated debate…

:mouse:

You can throw the whole Poll in the garbage can. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep

For now, yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea goldsellers and chinafarmers lmao

Always comforting to know I too can multibox, but to scout ahead instead, looking to see who might cause trouble for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes