Multiboxing Poll

Mulltiboxing is not issue. It was present decade ago and was not as big deal. Game mechanics that favorize alts over other/new players are issue. Currently in almost all aspects of the game it’s easier and more profitable to just roll another alt than find friend

2 Likes

If you cannot include this in you reasoning then I simply cannot guide you any closer to the truth. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Discussing subjective forms of cheating is not getting us anywhere, as anyone can set up their own rules, no matter how ridiculous they are.

So let’s ignore the subjective rules and focus on the objective ones set by CCP, OK?

An unfair advantage literally everyone is allowed to make use of, ergo not cheating, its literally just part of the rules, people choosing not to run more than 1 account don’t get to call those who do cheaters, that isn’t how this works lol

This is not your thread so you don’t get to erase a basis of the poll.

The poll is not a question of if “Multiboxing is against CCP rules or not”. No one here has said that it is, because it isn’t. Whether people subjectively feel its cheating is a valid aspect of their opinion on this matter. And arguments for and against may well sway that subjective opinion and influence voting in the poll.

The only thing that needs to be done is that you need to accept that the opinion that multiboxing is cheating in the minds of some players is a valid opinion. Using the term “unfair advantage” would probably be better, but the definition of “cheating” is what it is. I would like a change myself for the sake of clarity. But then, I want to change EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING in this crazy mixed up world.

2 Likes

But if its known its impossible, for whatever reason, that changes things. Its like playing two-man soccer against a kid who cannot afford shoes and bragging about what a winner you are. Nope. You take of your shoes and win. Then I will say you played fair and didn’t cheat.

But then, I am really, really strict about these things. Most people are pretty “blah” about fairness, which explains a lot of crap that goes on.

This can literally be said about anything and everything.

And the original debate was with regard to whether or not multi-boxing is cheating, and not whether or not people have valid opinions. Way to bastardize your own argument.

2 Likes

I think its much too late now the game has been about multiboxing for too long. I do however think it would be a very different game IF we were all restricted to a single character max. (Not saying I support that just realising it would be a very different game if it were so)

3 Likes

I think you’re right. This game is pretty much for cheaters, con artists and thives.
I’m glad I didn’t spend any money on it and while I did have fun killing NPCs, it’s really getting old and it’s clear to me now that in order to be successful at PvP you have to cheat and that’s why CCP allows multiboxing.
I really wanted for CCP to let us join pirate factions but even that isn’t possible so blah and meh.
I’ve already started the biomass process.

Don’t even waste your time to answer this post, trolls. I won’t be reading it.

No you can’t have my stuff, isk or plex. My clone will take that with in the grinder.

Enjoy your “game”, cheaters.

3 Likes

Multiboxing is not an unfair advantage in EVE because everyone can do it. It does not even require much effort to do.

They can call it unfair, but they have no rules to reasonably base their claims on. Moreover, their claimed “unfairness” is easily dispelled by showing them how easy it is to multibox in a game that is structured around multiboxing.

Bad example again because that kind of paste is not allowed to be called cheese in civilized regions of the world. If companies call that paste cheese instead of something like “processed dairy product”, they can be sued and removed from the market.

Bye Felicia!

If multiboxers were voting with all of their toons, the numbers would be much, much higher.

Also, are you claiming voter fraud without evidence?

The anti-boxers would have won if millions hadn’t voted illegally. The polls are rigged folks. Storm CCP’s headquarters! It’s the only way we’ll get our game back.

3 Likes

Neither is it your thread and I’m not even trying to erase the basis of this poll, what are you on about?

I’m merely saying that we should not bring ‘subjective cheating’ into the discussion as it is silly.

I suspect that any game in which multiboxing is permitted has this polarisation over multiboxing.
(it seems that input broadcasting/cloning is being prohibited in other games as well)

2 Likes

Playing fair is playing within the rules, you not liking it or being unable to compete is neither here nor there and doesn’t make it cheating by any deluded stretch of your imagination, i have the same advantage if i bring a friend instead of an alt, at the end of the day, if you cannot compete with multiple characters then you can’t compete regardless of if its 1 person with 2 accounts or 2 people with 1 account each, you still lose

Oh see i think i’ve found the issue, you think EVE should be “fair”

Fairness only goes as far as you can enforce compliance from others, so you either need to amass enough power to bend other players to your will or accept the fat that you’re never going to get fairness and CCP isn’t going to enforce a maximum number of accounts per person due to it literally being unenforceable

So either “git gud” or solve the impossible

1 Like

This thread is very entertaining but it’s also useless. I don’t see why you all keep arguing about things that won’t and can’t change, besides to satisfy the ego. This whole section of the forum is full of such threads, endless back and forth over things that either CCP can’t or won’t change.
I read on this very forum that devs don’t even read these threads so what really is the point to antagonize any member of this forum, besides to push someone’s patience to the point of mean and nastiness?
I don’t think CCP created this forum so that people could argue endlessly.
There better things to do with your time, isn’t there?
Only my opinion tho.

2 Likes

Hilariously i think it’s the other way round…

You can check the accounts of whos voted.

@Rekt_Alpha
@Rekt_Gamma
@Rekt_Zeta
@Rekt_Eta
@Rekt_Delta
@Rekt_Epsilon

All created just to vote ‘very concerned’ in this poll. :rofl:

8 Likes

Well, cant argue against that lol.

Or… THIS IS PURELY A COINSIDENCE

1 Like

4 Likes

Honestly, my biggest concern with multi-boxing… is when i must/have to do it. TO date for 2021 I am very happy to barely have touched any rocks after years of doing so as a mainstream manufacturer for organizations i have been part of or supported.

Lately i have been able to spend less time logged in game, and when i do log in I can focus only on running missions or doing some light logistics runs, and manufacturing and payroll.

The ability for me to do a lot less multi-boxing stems from the fact the organization i am tied to currently has been successful in recruiting players that actually want to play the game and work together for common goals instead of wanting be singleton darwinism paperweights.

4 Likes