Multiple Accounts the good and bad for eve


(Sade Musana) #63

I’d be more interested how many millions CCP lost from unique players, who ran from this game at the first sight of all the Pay2Win multiboxers, in a PVP game.

It’s the worst form of Pay2Win I’ve ever seen in any PVP centric game.

Good job driving away all the playerbase though, I hope you’re enjoying your Single Player Online Game :slight_smile:


(Savoycabbage) #64

All games have a natural decay in the number of players that play them. Unless something fundamentally changes within the gameplay (a la FFXV or No Man’s Sky), it’s unlikely that an influx of players will happen unless it goes FTP. The face that EVE has maintained it’s account/player numbers is pretty impressive (see graph from EVE-offline below)

Screenshot_1

EVE has many things which discourage new players from joining and staying - The cutthroat nature - losing everything when you die, being scammed, being ganked etc. discourages people who like more casual games. like WoW. The biggest I think is the skill gap. This isn’t pay to win, but pay to compete. Of course lower SP characters can still participate in fleet fights, but without injecting they can never catch up with a player that started before them.

Multiboxing is not even close to being the biggest problem with player retention.


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #65

Do i have to stop using my JF because of your butthurt?


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #66

Some people start to play and adapt, some whine. Show us on the doll where the Kusion’s evil catalyst touched you.


(Sade Musana) #67

And 99.5% leave and play a decent PVP game, while the other 0.5% adapt and become Window cLickers like the rest of the pay2win multiboxers :rofl:


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #68

I don’t need multiboxing to kill people, i don’t squeal like a pig when i’m killed by a multiboxer.


(Sade Musana) #69

So why are you taking this personally? Are you sure you aren’t a multiboxer, did I trigger a nerve or something? :hugs:


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #70

No, i just got a problem with tears. It’s like blood for sharks, when i smell some i feel the urge to get some more.


(Sade Musana) #71

Stop crying then.

If you don’t think multiboxing is pay2win, then fine, stop crying about others who know it is. :kissing_heart:


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #72

Sure i’m crying, all those corpses in my cargohold.


(Sade Musana) #73

And here you are, crying. :joy:


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #74

When i see you killboard yes.


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #75

Always the same drama with those who can’t adapt and feel obliged the annoy people when they squeal to daddy CCP that the world is unfair. Gonna get myself some kills to calm my nerves. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:


(Sade Musana) #76

You do that. Have fun :wink:


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #77

oh yeah baby! you can count on that.


(anas moraished) #78

@Mevatla_Vekraspek @Sade_Musana

can you guys improve this discussion and tell us why is it good or bad ?


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #79

It’s not a bad thing, it allows you use ships that you couldn’t use if you play solo, it allows you to move cargo in dangerous space and mitigate the danger of gatecamps, it allows you to scale up your trade, PI, research an industry setup. Of course it can be abused, like everything else but globally it’s a good thing. I have to admit i was reluctant when i started to play because it was not a common practice in the game i used to play, but it suddenly became obvious when i started trading in NPC null.


(Meilin Nightstalker) #80

I don’t give a single crap about what will or will not happen to your space pixels :slight_smile: or anyone else space pixels for that matter… the only thing I care is this beer mug I’m holding right now… cheers!


(Mevatla Vekraspek) #81

Cheers!


(Meilin Nightstalker) #82

the game was DESIGNED that way… This is intentional the problem is exactly that… CCP has a no clue what fairness is (Or they have and just much prefer your money than being good game designers).