My small industry initiative in Venal

Well, people are obviously buying so can’t complain on the prices. It just really drives home the point that contracted logistics firms are such a life saver to me atleast. I’d be bankrupt in a month if that were the low end prices on what I fly without acquisition being outsourced to a corporation which specializes in procurement and manufacturing combat ships enmass.

1 Like

Well hey, the Guristas do pay well enough for anyone out here looking for some work to make some money…

1 Like

If you’re going to dive in “unclaimed” nullsec, I guess I’d suggest finding a place in a remote system that can’t be scanned from any of its major celestials, maybe something like a dead-end system where there are a couple far-flung outlying planets. Set up a safespot in the empty spaces between celestials and use it for diving. I’d suggest never, ever diving when there’s any random person in Local, watching; they may guess what you’re doing and summon friends.

Though, it’s also possible that hardly anyone hunts for divers in nullsec because, well, diving there’s a somewhat crazy thing to do. While you’re braving the Abyss, you have no control at all over what’s happening at your entry point. Unless you’re with a coalition and can rely on a standing security fleet to have your back or you’re in highsec and have CONCORD behind you, it’s a pretty big risk.

1 Like

I’ll take your advice into consideration, Thank you Aria.

With respect, I won’t take their money. If our interests align I’ll work separately but along side them, much like any of my enemies or really anybody else. I will not act for them nor take money from them, nor will I support their interests.

1 Like

I respect your stance and won’t hold that against you, pilot. Nor could i, you’re speaking rationally

I do wanna say however is that when i talk about “work” out here, Ii’m mostly referring to running security operations out here and removing some unwelcomed guests.

Cartel typically run some disruptive operations out here, along with mercenary outfits under employ by “someone” to stir up some damage. Rogue drone hive sprouting up and even the Amarrians can be found lurking in these parts, looking for fresh slave fodder.

Hell, while i know you got a reputation as a combat pilot, but the Guristas also need some Capsuleer hands to move cargo or dig up some rare ore out here.

The number one thing i learned out here aside the absurd price on some goods on the market, is that the Guristas are just as human as those found in the State, Empire, Federation or Republic. They got their own little civilization out here and i just can’t help but have something of a soft spot for them.

3 Likes

Killing the likes of the cartel, drones, ect would most definitely fall under mutual interests. Their projections into The Republic, State, federation, and even the empire (surprising I know, what can I say I don’t condone profiteering off of my enemies any more than I do profiteering off of my own) is what I’m opposed to. I am certain in their own regions they are much like anyone else. They generally aren’t when they cross their borders.

1 Like

You don’t think you can apply that to any other nation out here? Yeah, the big four are all the same when they stay nice and tidy in their own borders, but once they step out, typically nothing good follows.

And I’m not just referring to the big headline news incidents like Caldari Prime or Esmen III, All the little shadow engagements throughout Empire space that they Capsuleers to take care of.

2 Likes

I think you’ll agree that touting your freedoms, as your kin define the word, and demanding conformity for the sake of said definition is not akin to open piracy as a stereotypical standard. When gallante raiders start ransoming civilian vessels then that would hold water. The Guristas are first and foremost a pirate organization. That’s not bad apples, that’s motis operandi for the organization itself. You can say the empire commits similar atrocities, I frequently say that after all. They are not officially sanctioned in the way the Guristas are with piracy.

2 Likes

Generally not, but yes, it’s a crazy thing to do. If you are going to do it, have scouts. At least then you can have some warning.

Is there any advantage to doing it out there? I thought all filaments ended up in the same abyssal space.

Speaking in terms of Venal and why I supplied the markets out here with filaments…I’d like to see a market for abyssal goods increase out here. More Triglavian tech to sell and purchase, as well as increasing a demand for specific starships.

…All long term pipe dreams of mine. Though it’s looking like ima gonna have to do more than just supply the markets with simple calms…I’m gonna have to do some diving myself.

1 Like

If you’re taking the proper precautions, like, you know, doing it in space you control, with intelligence networks able to warn you if there are roaming gangs coming through, then yes, there’s a very simple advantage that shouldn’t be overlooked:

Nobody is going to shoot you when you come back from diving into the deepest parts of the Abyss. In HS, CONCORD’s suspect flag is a giant banner that says ‘hey! Shoot me! You might get good loot!’ either because they were abyss-diving, or they were can-flipping, or any of the other things that gets you set ‘suspect’ by CONCORD.

So, much like everything else about non-Provi nullsec, the advantage is safety from random malice, if you invest the time and effort needed to have that safety.

And if you don’t have firm control of space or can’t trust the people who do, then there is no reason?

There is no additional benefit to diving from nullsec, no.

Perhaps, Avio, your first order of business then if you’d like to drive a sort of Triglavian tourism business in your area of nullsec isn’t to run the filaments yourself, but to provide the security for those that do. I’m sure if you could make such a thing thus preferable to running them in higher security space by establishing your reputation thus (and as that reputation grows, you’ll probably have more hunters to deal with in order to maintain that security) then that would probably be the most effective way to establish your market.

1 Like

The way that plays out is: as people start running the abyss there, filaments will be on the market from the abyss runners. At the same time, as word gets out, yeah, you’ll get more hunters. So you’ll need more defenders. Pretty soon, you’re building an organization to meet the needs of those defenders—what do they do for money when there’s nobody paying for defense? What do they do for boredom during the slow periods? How do you keep them involved long-term?

Probably missioning, ratting, mining… you know, things to keep those pilots in the area when they’re not protecting someone. Soon enough… you’re running a nullsec group.

Everyone gets started somewhere, I suppose.

Uh. Important note, Arrendis? Unless this has changed in the last few weeks, CONCORD never did get its suspect flagging system back online after the Triglavians hacked it.

No? Well, even less reason, then.