National Populism

National Populism encompasses a variety of ultra-nationalist and militaristic movements, national populism typically venerates devotion to the state, uniting the people under a strong leader and a corporatist economy. Often espousing racial politics and violent rhetoric, national populism is vehemently opposed by most other political parties Basically ultranationalists and the Templis Dragonaurs

Wouldnā€™t it be ā€œstateā€ populism, then? National implies a Nation, and Iā€™m fairly sure we all know which people like that term.

1 Like

Oooh I know this one. Federal Ultra-Nats, right? :boot:

1 Like

Where is this thread going exactly?

You offered a definition of the term and left it at that. What is this in response to? What is the context of this post? Interpreting your intent here is, well, impossible unless youā€™re just posting to offer us this definition alone.

2 Likes

Will also then you can call people with this term like say @Nauplius

So this thread is about giving us another way to name call and/or label peopleā€¦?

2 Likes

What is the exact opposite ideology to say Syndicalism which I also made a thread about

Interesting, if stunningly short and overly simplistic presentations of two far leaning political ideologies, but I am still unsure exactly what itā€™s contributing outside offering said presentations.

But, ok then!

2 Likes

I donā€™t actually find these ideologies to be terribly ā€˜oppositeā€™ at all. Theyā€™re both ā€˜we will use an economic focus to unite people into a singular body that labors for the good of the body, without care for the good of the individual beyond their ability to contribute to the common economic output.ā€™

Both systems seem expressly intended to include people only so long as those people are part of the right groups. As soon as an individual suffers a mishap that renders them incapacitated for any period of time, theyā€™re dropped out of the system to fend for themselves. This makes it increasingly unlikely that theyā€™ll be able to rejoin the collective economic effort, and regain their place in society.

One fetishizes ā€˜trade unionsā€™, the other ā€˜the central governmentā€™, but theyā€™re both ā€˜Work until you canā€™t, then dieā€™.

Opposites? Not even close.

2 Likes

Luckily as Capsuleers, we donā€™t have to bother with this political stuff

2 Likes

Yup. Totally lucky. Good thing we all sprang fully-formed from the aether, too. Iā€™d hate to think someone here might have a mom or something, living on a space station, having to deal with the vagaries and insanity of baseliner politicesā€¦

Tell you what: you enjoy the luxury of not having to care. Me? Iā€™ll keep worrying about my mom and dad, cousins, and more distant relations.

2 Likes

Strange. I was taught a different definition of ā€˜populismā€™. But I suppose the difference is in the addition of ā€˜nationalā€™.

If you support ultranationalists then your national populist

Do you see a distinction between Nationalists and Ultranationalists? Or are they basically the same, and the only way to prevent Ultranationalists is to get rid of Nations?

Thank the Winds that I serve a non-Centrist, Corporate, Collectivist, Meritocracy that cares for more than someoneā€™s ability to work.

1 Like

The difference is the same as the difference between a Patriot and a Jingo. One is somewhere in the spectrum of nationalism while the other is on the extreme end of the nationalism.

You love your nation? You are a Patriot. You practically worship your nation and think your nation can do no wrong and everyone else who isnā€™t from your nation is inherently inferior? You are a Jingo.

2 Likes

Naupliusā€™s preferred form of government and the one which will prevail in the coming Blood age is called ā€œTheocracyā€.

A sphere has more points than this thread.

4 Likes

If I read in the news that some mad capsuleer sharpened a sphere to a point and stabbed someone with it, Iā€™m going to blame you.

1 Like

Sakura. Do it.

1 Like