Native Mac Client Playtest - General Feedback

Amazing work CCP. Thank you.

Initial feedback.

High GPU usage.

Impossible to use any other application like a browser on second screen. The game remains responsive, but any other application can hardly be used.

When using the Activity monitor I can see the GPU History at full utilisation. I use an Intel MBP 2020 with 5600M 8GB.

Also, I have seen some lighting glitches when in station, which I will capture using in-game screenshots to better explain them.

Congratulations once again.

Cheers,

Raas

2 Likes

Same here. Unable to create account. The webpage times out.

Also unable to log in with Tranquility credentials.

As said earlier: You cant CREATE an account on singularity. It has to be copied from Tranq.

How does one copy their Tranquility account to Singularity?

There should be no “account creation”. Having never been on the test server before all I needed do was login after selecting “singularity” in the lower right of the launcher… The data set on the test server is a bit behind the live server (for example, I have 10M fewer Skill points onto test server due to when the snapshot was taken). If yours is a newer character you may not have a presence on the test server data yet.

When I first opened it, it was at the highest resolution making the text and UI tiny. I got it to a normal size but when I tried Windowed mode it shrank the window and text way down and clicking was offset making it hard to try to adjust settings further let alone see what I was changing because all the text was so small

1 Like

Quoting myself from another thread.

5 Likes

Using the listed short cut F keys for moduals doesn’t seem to be working. how do I overide the standard mac F1 buttons?

Hi,

is was able to login, see the intro video in good qualtity and now i have a black screen with a very small turing wheel for resource Loading in the bottom left corner for about 30 minutes. Activity Monitor still shows some cpu / Network usage. The resource cache folder size is 5.14 Gb and not changing any more.

Imac Retina 2015 4GHZ I7, 32 GB AMD R9 M395x 4 GB.

Edit:
i can change game Settings /access the game menu only on the char selection screen, after the login i got the black / loading screen. The only option i have after is force quit.

Are you using your native keyboard or an external keyboard? I’ve found that with external keyboards I have to toggle function lock in some games to access the F-keys instead of their alternate functions.

thanks to folks at CCP for working on this!

did a bit of flying, jumping around and fighting in an anomaly, first off good stuff:

• everything runs great for the most part
  • plugging in a headset switches the sound correctly, was a major drawback for me
  • cmd-tab works fast, which was main reason i was playing in window mode
  • FPS is amazing, i’m running 2560x1440 at maximum graphics settings and get 60-80fps in most places!

problems i’ve encountered:

• “Connecting” sound played twice after clicking on a character to log in
  • scrolling is a big cause of FPS drops
  • scrolling in the map also drops FPS a lot
  • flying in a cloud halves the fps, not going above 35fps
  • dragging music slider in sound menu makes old value’s tooltip hang around (along with new value tooltip), not always reproducible
  • dragging transparency slider limits FPS severely
  • selecting inventory items / ships in overview / etc sounds different, more squeeky or something
2 Likes

external mac keyboard. I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

First of all, Good Job CCP. Some bugs here and there but so far its pretty solid.

Here is a breakdown of the stuff I found on my MBP 13 inch 2015 2,7 GHz i5, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

• Using the trackpad to turn the camera and zoom in and out works fine, but when I use my non-apple mouse it doesn’t track well at all. The camera skips and goes the opposite way every so often when I turn the camera or zoom in.
  • When I Cmd-tab to my desktop and try to use my Dock or menu bar at the top its like the laptop is working extremely slow and extremely laggy. Taking a long time to perform any action.
  • Also, the launcher in general is running very slow. Its not as smooth as it used to be.
1 Like

Just a very quick try on M1 Mini. Very impressed, ran at full settings on 5K screen perfectly. Had to dial down the resolution to be able to read the UI, but that’s fine. Track pad a tiny bit over responsive but got used to it. Sound seemed so much better. And able to swipe and smoothly switch to other applications which is so much better. Overall very impressed and looking forward to it being released.

2 Likes

Solid release, did some combat site’s, no issues found. Did jump into pochven, first gate I was rejected, and few minutes later I could jump gate, no clue why, did had the standings. Was 1 time disconnected, really early after Down-Time. For the rest this release felt great, resizing of window worked great. Full screen mode this made main monitor the focused for the game, but my other 2 monitors where black. switched to windows mode and could resize over my 3 monitors, no issue. This all on Mac mini M1, with 3 monitors, and Logitech mouse and Mac keyboard. Good job done guy’s.

1 Like

In regards to dialing down the resolution to read the text, you can use the Scaling and set it to 150% or 200% and it will look good!

1 Like

Nice. Better graphics for sure. I just wish I could jump through a gate to see those graphics :slight_smile:

Looks very pretty. Responsive too so far.

Thank you for the feedback. That does sound like the DoD system fetching files. If you do the same activity and it is smooth, it’s normally the cause.
I’d be very interested to see if the full client solved your issue :slight_smile:

The crash on close is a known issue. It’s one we’re actively looking at.
Many thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!
One of the machines I’m testing on is a M1 MacBook Air, and I love it :slight_smile: I’ve been really impressed on how much power it has, more so given its size.

1 Like