Need Help Finding/Setting Up a Wormhole?

Hi there!

I’ve been wormholing for way too many years! But I still love it for all my sins…

Wormhole living has so much to offer - it’s like a game within a game, and gives you and your group the chance to own your own system and call it home.

I’m a PvPer but many wormholers enjoy the whole experience including running NPC sleeper sites, industry and exploration. I would like to give something back to the game, and would like to encourage more players to try the wormhole experience. If there is anyone out there who is interested in living in a wormhole or would like advice or help getting set up feel free to contact me in game.

Things to think about include:

• What class of wormhole do I want?
  • What statics suit my game play?
  • Do I want a system effect?
  • Do I want to mine, huff gas, do sleeper sites, Pi, industry?
  • Do I want easy highsec access for convenience?
  • Perhaps nullsec access for PvP?
  • What structures and fits should I go for?

I’m happy to invest time with anyone serious about wormholes. Whether you’ve never set foot in wormhole space, want help finding that perfect system, or just need some general advice on getting set up, I’d be more than happy to help. Hit me up in game any time - I wont bite I promise :grinning:

Best of luck,

ISK Lord
CEO, Negative Density

9 Likes

Having helped a couple of small groups find holes via this post I’ll bump it again. The interest is obviously there. If you need advice drop me a mail in game…

2 Likes

Giving this post another bump, still getting interest - feel free to mail me in game, I’ll always come back to you.

are u still up for this help we are a tiny group of 6 loners but we need to rebuild back at C2 where we used to live before 3 years.

i know the absense of living in WH cost a lot but we really need to get back.

as per now we jump in and out thats all

so can u help a bit

Hey WireDrawn, contact me in game and we can jump on our discord for a chat. Happy to help.

Hi, Im looking for kspace entrances into any c13 wormhole, would u be able to help me with that?

Happy to help more players looking to get into wormholes or expand their wormhole operations. Things you may be interested in:

• What is it like to base out of a wormhole?
  • What wormhole will best suit my corp?
  • How can I get space rich?
  • What ships do I need to run sites in classes C1 - C6?
  • How do I roll wormholes? Why is this important!
  • Which structures should I buy? Good fits?
  • How will I defend by structures if I get invaded?

Mail me in game not here pls. All help is confidential o7

1 Like

Hey. can u explain to me how to set up PI for the first time?
Ive got no idea and all the guides online are very confusing… and does PI even make enough isk to plex?

That’s beyond the scope of this post I’m afraid. I can say that yes you can PLEX accs with PI. Ask one of your corp mates for help or if they don’t know, find a better corp :slight_smile:

I have been getting a lot of enquiries about ‘protection services’ and invasion defense planning for your wormhole. Of course there are risks in wormhole space in terms of asset loss and this is a sensible thing to think about. However there are a few things you can do to try to avoid getting invaded in the first place:

1). Make sure you fuel and arm your structures. Sounds obvious but this shows pesky opportunists you are active and intend to defend your stuff! Having low powered structures is like having a sign saying ‘we’re afk come shoot us and get the loot!’
2). Don’t sh*t talk in local. Yes you will get a few idiots in your hole now and then (gentlemen wormholers are a dying breed sadly), and they will probably try to troll you in local. But never give anyone a reason to hate you. There’s never a better reason to invade than to get some kind of revenge - so don’t give them content!
3). Try to fight PvPers if you can. I don’t mean whelping ships against silly odds, but don’t just turtle or log off. PvP is lots of fun and there are ships which are cheap which you and your corpies could have a go with. Other groups will respect you more for trying and bringing the fun that ducking out all the time. If you appear weak you make yourself an easy target. Fat farmer groups are always high on the menu for PvP groups looking to make some nice ISK.
4). Make friends if you can! It may seem hard when most wormhole groups will happily blow you up at every opportunity. However this is part of the fun, and provided you can get a thick skin fast and joke with those players you meet around the place the more friends you make. Who knows you could help each other out if your wormhole home is under threat. Safety in numbers!
5). Timer tanking: this is not something I would really advise but it is worth mentioning. Most potential invaders are EU and US TZ (not so many on AU TZ). So if you set your timer to say 09:00 EVE Time, US TZ are generally asleep and EU TZ at work or college. The down side of this is that you may also be away… so what is unsociable for others may also be out of the question for you. This does undoubtedly reduce the risk but should your number come up you may be powerless to do anything.

What can you do to plan ahead?

1). Best advice is firstly to save your ISK! This gives you options. Either to draw a line under your losses and to rebuild, or to pay wormhole mercenaries to help defend your system and then perhaps go a step further and get revenge. ISK is a powerful tool and corps like the one I am in love PvP content and ISK! If mercs come to your aid and you show up on the killmails this may deter other attackers in the future. They know you have ISK and also the right people to talk to. More than that - perhaps you would pay someone to return the favour. This may well put off many small-medium sized invasion opportunists.
2). If you intend to try to defend your system, stockpile a decent defense fleet of ships (could even include a few cap ships such as a FAX or Dread). If you do this chances are that mercs or friendlies can get into your hole with interceptors or cloaky frigs through a frig hole or critical mass hole. Once their pods are in you can furnish them with a cohesive fleet. You just need a decent FC and there you have it - a defense fleet!
3). Always have your corpies log off in your home system each day. So many groups have players logging in k-space. The fewer toons you have available for defense or scanning ways in for help to arrive the weaker your position.
4).There are plenty of wormhole PvP groups who ‘may’ come to help you if you batphone them. Often they will do this for free in order to get some content. Generally speaking, larger groups will only come though, if there are plenty of targets so they can get a challenging fight for their members. They also will generally only come when it suits them TZ-wise and if they have nothing better to do - so it’s risky to depend on them.
4). Put your structure timers on staggered days (make the invaders work hard for the eviction complete) and put the most important ones on your TZ and the TZ of mercs/batphones who may be able to help.

What to do if you do get invaded?

1). Don’t panic! hahaha - contact all your corp mates and start working out what you are up against. What kind of numbers do they have and what fleet do they have. You can then begin to formulate a plan. Attackers generally only have 1 fleet comp they can put out and so you potentially have the chance to counter them. Eve has often been about rock, paper, scissors. So use your head and/or get advice fast.
2). If you have the strength, try for hole control of your system at the earliest opportunity. If the invaders have hole control they hold all the cards. They can get help and assets in at will and roll the chain any time they like to avoid unwanted help getting to you. Sometimes invaders are weak on a particular TZ. If you really care about saving your arses, then organise a mass log on at an ungodly hour, take hole control and get planned help in then!
3). Do not turtle and log off. If you have PvPers in your ranks consider harassing the invaders on wormhole from range or plan little ambushes. Invading is a marathon, and the more you can do to grind down your enemy the better. Make them go without sleep. Keep their adrenaline up and when the time comes for a decisive fight they may be pretty burned out. Choose your moments and make them count - and try not to get podded while you are at it!

A few other points…

Some mercs will take retainers to protect you - basically a monthly fee as a ‘pledge’ to give you priority to come help defend your system. Most however will work on a day rate. I don’t want to do mercs out of business, but my advice would be to either limit the ISK value of what you have in your wormhole so you can afford your losses OR invest in a defense plan as soon as you can (with or without mercs).

If anyone needs advice on any of the above hit me up - in game mail best pls. I’ve only scratched the surface here and every situation is different. The key message I’d give is don’t be afraid to risk assets in wormhole space but be sensible and also be prepared. There’s loads of fun to be had and the high risk / high reward nature of wormholes space is what makes it so enjoyable.

1 Like

Happy to help anyone else looking to set up in wormhole space. Tips, advice, even help locating a hole. Mail me in game.

Contact me discord.
Furu Bonehead#9802

Sorry mate, you need to do the leg work. Mail me in game pls as per the instructions. Many thanks :slight_smile:

Does it cost at all for help with anything? If so, will try to remember to message you today

Free help!

You online right now?

Steady trickle of people in need of wormhole wisdom. Hit me up in game any time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.