Need new high value low volume transport after the July T3 nerf

Hello,

I was originally using a buffer Tengu–based on the Greedy Goblin’s fit below–before the nerf. Looking for a decent tanky/cloaky low volume transport. I messed around in Pyfa trying to get a new Tengu fit that was close, but no luck. Please post any thoughts–especially looking to use the covert ops cloak if at all possible–thanks! Also, i have a few pilots, so can go shield or armor.

[Tengu, Transport]
Damage Control II
Domination Nanofiber Structure
Domination Inertial Stabilizers
Prototype Hyperspatial Accelerator

Thukker Large Shield Extender
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Tengu Defensive - Supplemental Screening
Tengu Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Tengu Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Propulsion - Gravitational Capacitor

P.S. to have enuf of a cargo bay needs to be cruiser size or larger.

Sub-1s align Hecate. 4 T2 Inertial Stabs + 1 T2 nozzle rig + Genolution CA-4 + EM-705 = 0.99s align time in propulsion mode. Instalockers can lock it but it is mechanistically impossible to activate modules on it. This makes it safer than a cloaking ship vs. sub-2s instalockers.

Fit a solid passive tank, use insta-docks/undocks, don’t fall asleep. Can get over 20k ehp pretty easily so only 8+ Rokh pipebombs will take this thing out. Obviously, don’t take this thing into null-sec, but feel free to move around high/low as you please.

Edit: for the Null-sec version of this, I hope you have 100 bil lying around because the only ship that can get sub-1s that is nullified is the Imp AT frigate

1 Like

Muffinmixer,
Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on remaining rig slots, considering cargo expanders, warp speed bonus or shield extenders. If all 4 lows are for inertial stabilizers, then mids would be a prop mod, em amp and invulns?

I had the same problem, luckly my main pilot can use a loki too. I only can say you the Tengu are regular now, Proteus WORST for these purpose, and you have more chance to do something SIMILAR, but weaker, with LOKI.

My main problem is the need of interdiction for Null sec, but if you can do some experiments, Loki is more useful to you than the other alternatives, to our old tengu transport.

Covert ops frigate like astero perhaps?
Bring scan probes and scan down wormholes?

Here is an inital attempt at a Hecate:

[Hecate, Hecate HiVal Trans]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender

Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Cargohold Optimization II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-4
Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Evasive Maneuvering EM-705

Also here is a cheapish Loki (EHP is all in the quality of the invulnerability fields)
[Loki, Loki HiVal Trans]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration

Hornet EC-300 x5

Finally if no interdiction nullification needed for Hi-Sec, swapping to Wake Limiter subsystem gives 203k EHP in Pyfa w/Pith-C Invulns: (a prop mod takes that down to 170k EHP)

[Loki, Loki HiVal Trans Alt]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration

Hornet EC-300 x5

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-4
Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Evasive Maneuvering EM-705

big fan of blockade runners. decent agility, fast warps, cloak, and they can’t be cargo scanned.

1 Like

For LS/HS then anything that cloaks to warps in under 2s as long as you use Insta Dock/Undocks . Only reason you will die is if you derp.

For NS, a T3 is the way to go, but make sure you include a MWD and 100MN AB. The only thing that can really go wrong is if you hand on a fleet with Inties that can decloak you. If you are decloaked then you have to burn back to gate and no amount of Tank will save you if you don’t have a prop mod.

OR a dirty gate + insta locker. those gates with drones abandonned all around.

Yeah, hence the MWD and AB, MWD will get you back to the gate way faster, AB just good when scramed. Pulse MWD once when scrammed turn on AB and prey. Hope you have better luck on the other side.

yeah, don’t forget to OL mwd, AB, invul if any, and prayers.

You can get some to sub-2s align with Nomad implants. But you better have deep pockets because those implants are not cheap.

3 RF Medium Shield Extenders and a deadspace EM ward. Rigs, either shield extenders, hyperspatials, or cargo. Depends on your needs. This thing gets 450 m3 without expanders so it’s pretty sizeable.

If you are filthy rich and have MG Nomad implants plus a 5% EM implant, you can just use 2 Shadow Serpentis istabs in the lows and have two extra lows + all rig slots for whatever you want. And more agility is always good for station undocks since it lets you Stop Ship quickly, and if you can get down to like ~10% of your velocity with a 0.9s align then you will sub-1s warp to anything in the system. Just make sure your ship can stop within 20 seconds of undocking, before your undock invuln timer expires.

interesting, I never looked at nomads for a BR. Also I’m assuming op is looking for something for empire space as they didn’t include the nullification sub. And mostly highsec as the initial fit doesn’t have a prop mod. BRs are great for that imo. most gankers don’t seem to be willing to play the BR lottery vs a tanked BR.

Yeah, the fact that BRs cannot be scanned is pretty great. But tornados can and will alpha them for fun if you’re unlucky. The cloak is useless on station undocks, and on gates you can still be locked before you can hit your cloak so you’re not 100% safe.

The sub-1s Hecate is pretty much the best ship for ferrying massively valuable low-volume stuff like BPOs/BPCs, simply because there is no question about whether some guy with 5000+ scan res and amazing ping will get a lock and point/alpha strike on you before you can hit your cloak or warp or whatever. You simply enter warp so fast that even if they manage to lock you by the 1st server tick, they still cannot activate modules on you before the 2nd server tick because you are already gone.

For medium volume and absolute safety in high/low you really can’t beat a sub-1 second align Hecate. My preferred option:

[Hecate, courier]

Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Medium Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Extender II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Warps fast enough, aligns in 0.996 with an EM-705 (which I find myself keeping in most of my clones these days anyhow). No need for nomads. You could rig the damn thing for cargo if you really wanted to. 450m^3 really isn’t a bad start though.

For low volume nullified I really do like a yacht:

[Victorieux Luxury Yacht, hauler]

Damage Control II

50MN Microwarpdrive II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Same deal; EM-705 gets you to 1.99 align. Yes, you can technically get caught. No, it’s not likely. If you do, you still have almost 40k ehp to chew through while you run to a gate.

If you don’t mind investing in your head rather than the ship, a Prorator can align in less than 2 seconds – with a full MG nomad set:

[Prorator, align]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Large Shield Extender II

[Empty High slot]

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

(Oh, and you still need that EM-705). Fit is cheap I guess.

Viator can do a spendy fit (SS istabs) but doesn’t need a nomad omega then, saving 1.3 billion. Eh.

T3s can obviously do tank these days, but their align times, especially when nullified, just aren’t going to get low enough to be competitive. If you don’t mind 3 seconds and spending a ton of money on a transport it can obviously be done. But at a certain point black frog/blue frog just looks like the obvious choice.

You would have to have really slow response and a horrible ping for that to happen. Personally I have never had a person lock me faster than I can cloak and I live In Australia so my ping is not great.

Also you can get a BR to have a pretty OK tank, enough to survive a Tornado Alpha with ease.

For HS if you really fear people who can lock you faster than you can cloak. (No Point using Invuls because you will be dead before you can turn them on. )

[Crane, Tank]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II

[Empty High slot]

I already run a Viator & Crane as well as a Bustard and am training the skills for an Impel. I will definitely add Hecate training to my list of transport options.

Also to confirm, in Hi-Sec space, I don’t need a nullification sub slot on a T3 cruiser or a ship with that feature, correct?

Nullification is only for null and wormholes. It won’t help at all in high or low where only targeted warp disruption is allowed.