Needlejack Fleet Scam?

Sure you can, u could take 5 (in range) of the 30… if everyone is in range as I understand it the relocated members will be randomly selected. :slight_smile:

I think it depends on the level of awareness as you undock from Jita… having been an ‘attempted’ victim of this myself, as you undock in your faction BS you get a fleet invite…

Never not accept a fleet invite!

But then a friendly fleet member initiates warp to the rest of the gang (at an insta-undock from Jita 4-4) and what happens next is mostly dependent on a) if you take the fleet warp and b) how your safety is set. They seemed (the few times I got an invite) to have multiple fleet members ready to insta-warp you off the Jita undock.

I didn’t take the fleet warp, poked fun at the bad gankers in fleet, and was promptly kicked from the fleet… this made me sad :frowning:

I also noticed they will (if your safety is set ‘incorrectly’) advise their new fleet member to set it ‘correctly’ so they can kick off the filament.

They are very (very) reliant on their new fleet members being fit for mission running and not pvp.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

This is the point, what is the narrative around this? The „reason“ for the fleet invite in the first place?

The ‘reason’ for the fleet invite was you undocked from Jita 4-4 in a ship they think they can kill (i.e. mission running BS). Once you accepted the fleet invite and they successfully warped you off the undock if your safety was set green the one I saw was simply “<person they’ve warped off> hey your safety is set incorrectly, set it to yellow or red”… or something to that effect. There really wasn’t a lot of (any) effort put into the narrative, as it were, just a simple request from a possibly known ‘eve personality’ (I say ‘possibly known’ as I had seen a few of extrasquishys eve vids on utube).

I guess being in a fleet with someone ‘famous’ combined with lack of knowledge around new mechanics is enough for some people to do whatever is asked of them?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

If person would actually recognize “Squishy” he would never join fleet or ever do what he want :wink:

It’s simple lack of understanding of basic mechanics inside game (change safety to kill rat? He don’t even know how safety and timers works…). SP, age of character or isk means nothing in game. There is enough wealthy players that don’t want to learn the game as long as they enjoy their sandbox.

1 Like

I’m probably too rational thinking for this kind of game. :wink:

Update, it works! :man_facepalming:

I can drive the social engineering part only that far, but keeping close to the truth still worked … I’m a bad scammer.

3 Likes

Congrats!

theres been a group of guys in missions channel begging for help, people go to help him and get yeeted with his buddies to null and rape the guy that goes to help…so yeah

Someone actually tried to fleet my leshak the other day in jita, i lol’d.

Had so many attempts of fleet invites in jita.

The noobes and less experienced players are really the only caught by this.

Was it me? :wink: Seems the scam idea is spreading. I know from at least one other player trying in Jita. Also agreed you need to have a substantial lack of situational awareness and social competence to fall for this.

Dont think so, think it was a sticky toon but vov… tbh i was tempted to go along with the idea being in a pvp leshak but then thought better of it.

1 Like

Yeah maybe. It’s a great idea, and makes Highsec perhaps a little more dangerous. (And also it’s fun)

P.S. In TDF there’s at least 20 people who are aware of this and only undock when they know the fleet inviter.

Lol. Ok, then spamming fleet invites can keep them docked forever?

1 Like

Don’t accept random fleet invites?

1 Like

This man gets it!!

I think the main difference here is the naivety of some players; but mechanics shouldnt be changed for them; after all, if some random shifty looking dude in rl asked them to go round the corner into a dark alleyway they probably wouldn’t right? so why do it in new eden?

Stupidity should not be rewarded at the expense of all others. That would just create an idiocracy…

1 Like

It’s work, today I tried for about 20min to convince a Russian Rattlesnake pilot to join my fleet and set safety to yellow … with google translate :stuck_out_tongue: Got him in same spot and in fleet, but the safety part was too much. :-/

It seems the mechanics have been slowly shifitng to protect people from their own stupidity. Much like the real world. Market warnings are the best example of people getting a safety net.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.