Needs a new alert system

I’m using this thread as proof that afk mining kills brain cells. I’m sad now. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.

Don’t waste your time and remember, don’t feed the trolls.

1 Like

Well we aren’t discussing afk mining here or weather it’s hurtful for the brain.
But to add an actually realistic sound or visual alarm, that your equippment is malfunctioning, or in this case, beeing attacked.

I’m sorry that you are sad and have a dilusion that playing a game causes braindamage, have you actually made any studies towards this or what conclusion have you made?

I know, but it’s imperative that mindless creatures gets the attention they deserve and for the public to be known, that they have nothing to contribute, but a bag of dogshit to be thrown.

If not afk then why you need alert?

If rats aren’t attacking you then they are attacking your drones. But you need to be at screen to see how they switch targets.
Btw. there is already visual and sound warning when someone targets and attack your ship.

There is no point in dumbing down something that is already to easy.

1 Like

But there is no such warning if a neutral player targets your drones, or if they start attacking them.

you have drone health bar.
Looking at your zkill, you seams to play in null. If blue is destroying your drones, it’s not a game issue. Any other player out there is potential hostile. To kill your drones he must be on grid with you and pretty close so even warning won’t help since you already ignored many of them.

1 Like

Tell that to CCP.

Man, you sound just like all the others, post anything in an attempt to dismiss the idea.

When running multiple accounts on one view screen in windowed mode, you have to switch back and forth between windows to view them, thus an audio alert would definitely be helpful, just like the audio alerts for ship damage.

Now days I live in highsec insted, Cause I want to be able to play when I want to, not when it’s possible or someone else wants me to, and literally I don’t have the time. I have about 1-3 hours a day I can play.

So this is mainly situated in highsec. If this was null I would know from intel or my local channel that something was up and I wouldn’t be mining at all.

Now I do other things to pass the time while mining. So I can’t just constantly look at my drones HP bar. I keep an open eye on my overview, but alas, Having another grey neutral enter my overview doesn’t attract my eye attention. So if they run up to me and target my drones to kill them. I get no warnings.

In a realistic enviroment, as I have expained. If my equippment starts malfunctioning, I would get a warning, or a signal, running a machine operation.

So this is my bias towards having some type of signaling warning that, "this ship is scanning my drones, targeting my drones and/or attacking my drones. Impliying that something out of the ordinary is happening to my operation.

I see your point of view…but the community nor ccp will have it to be honest.

If i’m reading the feature request correctly, you want a queue so you know when to return to paying attention to the game.

That’s just your opinion, I don’t believe for a second that you can speak for the entire community, nore that of ccp.

I want a queue that let’s me know that something is happening to my drones. Appart from them just loosing health if someone attacks them. Just as I get a warning that someone is targeting, damaging me or my capacitor is running, or I can see, npc or red flagged players moving into my overview.

Okay. Inatentive gameplay have downsides. That being drones taking damage doesn’t have any visual or auditory warnings for example.

For the boring play of mining, yes, it could be a far more active gameplay. That however shouldn’t change the fact that, inatentive gameplay have downsides.

It really does come off as a whine and the usual “give me what I demand” post. It has never been a problem, even that it’s not a new thing, but one been aggressively used recently with Orca High-sec mining.

AFK ratting shouldn’t be further rewarded either. It’s the risk of your decision that you experience. Either pay attention, continue on your path with the losses, or find something else to do.

1 Like

Immersion wise and logically, this is all high tech equipment connected straight to the brain.

I guess there could be a audible warning for damage to drones but only if it is able to be muted.
(Not that I have bothered with sound in EVE for a long time)

I am not ruining the proffession, just cause I don’t want to own multiple accounts and keep myself fully occupied with tabbing and emptying my ships. I mine with one ship and do other things to pass the time.
When mining with one account it’s not very interactive, I do other things while passing the time. Still doesn’t sitt away from my keyboard and/or uses a bot. Hence if I were, a visual/sound queue that something is a affecting my drones wouldn’t matter. I would loose them in a instantly eitherway.

And yes you are assuming a lot, cause once again you are saying I should multibox like you do and if I don’t i’m a (insert childish cursewords, cause lack of intelligent language.)

I do need a alert, giving that I do other things while I’m passivly mining. Cause I get an alert for everything else in the game.

And realisticly, it makes no sens that there is no warnings, when you’re operation is under duress. If you read my comments, I made a great comparison to realife in twenty first century. As this is futuristic, I find it very vague that there is nothing warning me if my operation is not functioning or something dangerous is happening to my mechanical operation.

and if you do not understand what I mean, you get on your car, a red light when your low on oil for example. Or you can hear that your breaks are torn.

I agree. This is a major design flaw of EVE’s mining gameplay. It should either be more engaging, or the afk aspect should be officially supported.

Why don’t you post this idea here: Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

1 Like

Thank you I will!

Though it’s great that I’ve had the chance to get some discussion over it. I see a lot is afraid that it would support afk mining or support botters. But thinking it over, it would not.

And also that there’s a majoirty of people who thinks eve only can be enjoyed one way.

I have to use it a lot, so I can be observant on 2 fronts when rats arrives for example and ofcourse having it mutable is a great suggestion!

Well that is an unecessary, exploitatious downside from my perspective. Due to the fact that someone can just sneak up on you and attack you indirectly without you even noticing it, playing somewhat inatentive.

I do find it as a unrealistic problem if I compared it to other realife situations in our centuary. Sure if this game was to be set in the middleages and we were using pickaxes, I’d understand.

Though I am wondering, as you say inatentive, I am attentive when I play. As I respond with a 100% success when it comes to rats or red flagged pirates in the region, for those I can respond to.
But I have lost drones due to the fact I have not noticed them attacking the drones. For example if I’m out with my alt. I would launch my offensive drones on one of the characters to take out the rats. But then I don’t get alerted when the rats are attacking the drones on the other character and I loose a rather large investment.

Sure lorewise, but we’re not clones sitting in a pod all wired up, we’re sitting behind a computer relying on visual and audio cue’s to what’s happening in-game…

Minor or full attentive actions are still different. You’re also not looking to what’s going on. If you can’t respond properly to rat behaviour, how can you respond to somebody popping your drones anyway? Once their target is locked, your drones are gone in mere seconds. You’d never have the time to save them, or at least most of them. If you get a warning, they’ll just wait to target them when up close.

Your warning are right there on the screen. It’s your own choice to ignore that. Drones are ammo that WILL blow up. You can significantly reduce that, or actually completely remove the chances of it happening, by knowing how rat/players behave.

You’ve been given some help, but you just want it all.

2 Likes