Nerf Ganking Megathread

I’m not clear what your way actually is. I assume you can only declare war as you have a structure somewhere. Or does your alliance with RIOT give you such right via their structures ? Otherwise what process are you instigating to declare war on 20 groups at the same time…etc ? And are these declarations valid across highsec, lowsec, and nullsec ?

RIOT is a blanket-wardec alliance. BF. is the biggest one, and we’re like second/third-biggest. We declare wars on random groups as long as they’re war-eligible. We also do mercenary contracts (though this sort of gameplay is rare these days).

So yes, we have a war HQ, and use it to declare wars. Sometimes we have to defend the HQ, or attack the HQs of rivals (which is why one of the basic requirements is that you need to be capable of flying an armor BS with T2 weapons). We operate in high-sec and low-sec. Members have other characters for null-sec/wormhole space if they’re into that sort of gameplay too.

1 Like

You have no way of knowing if that pilot already knew about high speed Condors or not. I sincerely doubt you asked him.

I normally wouldn’t argue this way, but with roles reversed, I’m simply dispensing the logic I learned from Cilly.

He was, ironically, a former member of Absolute Order…with 54 kills and 329 losses including in Condors.

Surely you learned from Cilly that I can’t be put down.

All you have to do is decide if your EVE content should look like this:

…or like this:

Guess who’s having more fun? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Well not every pilot wishes to be blown… UP!

I would like to be blown…

up.

1 Like

You’re the one who’s responsible for me turning to petty racketeering, you know. I have an expensive habit to feed, and you’re not playing it nearly as fast and loose with my allowance money as I need you to.

Their blood is on your hands, meatpacker!

Feedback suppression most likely.
I have a feeling there’s a group of these bad faith actors who have nothing better to do with their time besides try to hinder the direction of the games development through controlling which topics retain attention.

They have some kind of motive that’s either driven from their own opinions on the developers, the sweeping changes to “their” game, or maybe even their own personal under developed world views.

Either way their goal is to remove your engagement with the community and belittle any kind of real experience or opinion you personally have with the game, so that their topics are more of an immediate or legitimate concern. So do keep posting, plenty of other people read the forums. But there’s dumb f**kery afoot.

1 Like

I’m never quite clear who’s ‘side’ Blackflag are on. I’ve seen them operating at the Sivala/Uedama gate…I presume in synchrony with Safety. But I’ve also passed right through their gate camps with no problems. As you say AO are Blackflag ‘pets’ that might explain that. Actually this is precisely why Altara has her own little corp ( wheras Cilla is ‘in’ AO…Altara is merely ‘allied’ ) so I can set standings for myself.

Blackflag is on their own side. They do their own thing with their own motivations. And sometimes that lines up with other people agendas, and sometimes it doesn’t.

The simplest answer is that they’re on null-sec money’s side.

If RIOT is like the tiny gourmet bistro that will custom-craft a burger for you and serve it with hand-cut fries and hand-pressed lemonade iced tea, then BLACKFLAG is the McDonald’s around the corner that never gets a health inspection because HQ has a full-time lobbyist working the city hall. They’re certainly able to crush all opposition on a whim, but their patties are always soggy.

3 Likes

Get the ■■■■ out of here.

There are many players with strong opinions that will argue up and down with you, and some will do things like try to forum snipe your thread, but the ISD’s have remained remarkable neutral over the years. I don’t agree with every moderation decision they’ve ever made, but I’ve honestly been kind of impressed by their impartiality.

Moreover, 95% of the people complaining about censorship were breaking forum rules.

“I broke 2 forum rules and created 4th thread complaining about something instead of posting in the official dev thread… what!?! You’re merging my thread into the official dev thread, where devs have actually responded to other people’s posts! This is censorship!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!”

And, not for nothing, but we don’t know what happened. He was short on details, and there are other possible explanations -such as his comment getting merged because it was in a thread that got merged.

Also, I’d bet money that you’re an alt. Two weeks old, and you’re already telling people how it is when it comes to forum moderation and pro-ganker debate tricks? Hmm. I wonder if you’re Dravclad…

I think you need to see a chiropractor. They might be breaking your back! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I write long replies just to blow off steam and then cancel them.

(2) Guadalcanal Campaign - The Big Night Battle: Night 1 (IJN 3(?) : 2 USN) - YouTube

Chk out time stamp 5:50. That was EVE when I started. :sunglasses:

Meh, I’m working out the software to live stream my drone. I’ll make a out of pod thd when it works “reliably” lol.

Time better spent…

1 Like

People with extremely unpopular opinions always claim collusion when everyone else disagrees because it’s the only way they can try to legitimize what they’re saying and try to save face. Would be painful to just realize/admit that all those random people think you’re an idiot, so they have to be “colluding.” It’s always a grand conspiracy by pretty much everyone else who’s not them. Kind of like one of those people who think that 200 million government employees and regular citizens were “in on it” to take down the twins during 9/11 to pull a fast one on them, a random carpet salesman from Boise, Idaho.

No, your opinion is simply uninformed garbage, lmao.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s an accurate assessment either, having hung out with blackflag members, and GodEmperor Kaine being a kind of mentor to me (on occasion) offering advice, helping me figure out the direction I’ve gone, it seems more like they will take the money, if goal suits their end at that particular time, (be it, entertainment, for the giggles, to take out structures) or whatever it is.

I don’t think I’m conveying my thoughts well.

They act more like mercs? But only when they want to. Sometimes money is a motivating force and other times its not.

I donno. iirc Destiny your more into the null sec crowd so, maybe they are from that perspective.

Generally, what the line members know is going to differ at least a little bit from what the management knows. I do have a lot of friends in the game who tell me things, though, so I get little bits of insider info here and there.

No, I’m pretty much a full-on high-sec (with a bit of low-sec) mercenary griefer scumbag sociopath. I think null-sec (with the exception of the NPC regions) is absolute dogshit garbage.

Since it’s Saturday night, I will reiterate…

(2) Panic! At The Disco: Say Amen (Saturday Night) [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

EVE is brutal, get used to it.

1 Like

Was just surrounded by a dozen of them at a station at Sivala, when I parked my Praxis. Can’t help but notice that Safety seem to barely be around there any more…though maybe its just cos I’m logging in at different times.

Is that why Drac and Anderson aren’t banned yet - but have gotten countless dozens of other posters banned over the years…? Despite their clear and obvious repeated rule violations?