Nerf Ganking Megathread

This is true you achieve flashy (engageable without Concord) at -4.95 status but was thinking of just making it flashy in-game. Maybe it makes it annoying, not sure how many pilots fall into this group of an outlaw. But a very good reminder Qia and a very good point that he can be manually done in the Overview setting, which is absolutely true.

The thought was to make them flashy in the literal sense as the default setting to help new players know someone bad is in town, it is more noticeable than a small icon of crossbones. This would also help anti-gankers, but you are right here, most of these pilots could do it today as by then they would surely have messed with the Overview settings a few times. Then it is only adding LP to gankers, and anti-ganking could be a real job in-game.

JJ

How dare you come with suggestion to the thread that are not perfect!!!

Just kidding, unlike @Vokan_Narkar I am not simply a judge of good ideas and bad ideas I have tried at least 100 times in thread to put out there ideas for the group.

What people seem to have a hard time understanding is that it isn’t so many people want ganking removed, although if it was no one but gankers would miss it. It is simply finding a place for in-game with a balance of counterplay like you are suggesting here. It isn’t if you are on mark with a good idea that needs some polishing it is simply turned down without any real feedback.

The concept is okay I think the times would need to be adjusted down a little to fit in concord times. You could even say the modules only act this way in criminal activity. I know a little hard to develop that, but the logic wouldn’t be that hard for the dev team. It is at least a start to some type of counterplay which I would say there is zero today. Ship fittings… This would at least time it where when concord arrives you warp off, if you are one of those ships that survived, but now concord doesn’t kill fast enough.

Keep them coming.

JJ

But hey is the creative people of the thread that are the problem.

1 Like

Waiting for this psyops alt to make spam post #3 in a row, fits his MO…

2 Likes

I made one alt, I am not making 10 to be part of the threads, JJ is all I will ever make for forum post.

JJ

Paradox:

Silly enough to get ganked.
Yet Smart enough to know there’s a game “forum” “C & P eve forum” with “solutions” in a “Megathread”.

Carry on,

This is correct, and it is a shortcut to intel, but I think it would be really helpful to new players if that was the setting by default. Maybe not, maybe it makes you numb to the flashy stuff and when it is real flashy stuff you don’t do anything and it is coming for you.

Always another side to it, I haven’t looked but maybe if there was other colors like pink flashy would be the identification and we keep the yellow and red true to its purpose. Just ideas, and if people are not paying attention well this won’t help them much anyhow.

JJ

What if it doesn’t a have real counter play it isn’t legitimate play? It is like half play, half content, and why everyone is half on board with it.

JJ

Nobody cares.

AD

Mining is too passive. So, remove mining drones, making ore bays smaller, and make rocks smaller. I’m sure the people who actually mine will assert that mining doesn’t need to be made more active and/or that there are better ways to make mining more active besides turning it into a clickfest, but I value neither their expertise nor their desires.

Hell, I assert that mining isn’t even real PvE. After all, if it was PvE, we would call it that and not mining -checkmate miners.

Look guys, I don’t have experience mining, nor value it as a play style, but I am a creative person who is trying to come up with solutions -never mind the fact that they are solutions in search of a problem.

I hope that I can have a meaningful conversation with miners, but I doubt it. After all, they just want to maintain their unfair advantage.

-SJ

3 Likes

Oh love this, and when ships fire you should have to click F1 every cycle. Lets do it Shipwreck you and me taking on everyone.

Agree it is mining up to rats coming into the belt, then it is PvE, then after they are dead, back to mining. Nothing wrong with that.

You have enough experience to say get fitting up that is how you counter play mining. And Shipwreck you don’t have to be a genius to comment on mining, it isn’t a concept so out of the world you couldn’t understand or talk about quickly.

No one would want to maintain a unfair advantage.

And what is your point Shipwreck, the Ganking Megathread should be policed by Gankers only? That would turn out real well for the rest of the game. So if you don’t like my ideas for balance by all means come up with your own, I will tell you how they don’t or do affect the community.

JJ

My point exactly no one cares if ganking is real content.

Thanks, AD perfect comment.

JJ

So are you done posting now?

AD

I mean humans, and if you came to a thread who would you or would not believe? Good question, it could just be lies and BS, and others really are trying.

JJ

Lunch is over in 10mins; why want me to call for a chat? We can discuss some goal setting in the corp and get things lined up for the coming winter months.

JJ

:heart: AD

You forgot the JJ.

AD

2 Likes

If you want to, you can create an overview preset that works the way you want and provide the link to your preset in chats, your bio, etc so that the interested can easily apply it.

2 Likes

This is a pretty decent suggestion. I will see what options there is next time on the game. I hope there are a few colors to play with that are not already dedicated to something.

Thank you for that; much appreciated.

JJ

Honestly, I do think that the default overview and hud layout is in need of some serious improvement. But yeah, players already have the tools to do this.

1 Like

For that matter, if you are particular about how your overview is set, it is worthwhile to link your settings in an evemail or in a private channel motd to spare you setting it up again if it gets messed up.

Barely anyone actually ganks, so nobody cares or would care because also barely anyone is actually getting ganked. If it was carebeared out of high sec completely, nobody would actually care. Barely anyone ganks and in return, barely anyois getting ganked. It’s a complete non issue that noone really cares about or cares for :laughing:

SA