Nerf Ganking Megathread

He is already in a cult, right here in these forums. :wink: (Thought I better add that before we get to much :exploding_head: )

So haulers and miners dont get a say?

Uh huh how magnanimous of you

2 Likes

I must say the ignore feature of this forum is top-notch. Not only I don’t see his posts at all, even if he replies to me I get no notification about it so I am not tempted to open it and read it and even if someone else quotes something he wrote I don’t see that text.

Top feature, recommend to everyone.

That is a long and convoluted way of saying you read his posts anyway by wilfully clicking on them to unhide their content. :wink: :smiling_imp: :popcorn: :dealwithitparrot:

4 Likes

you do get that his post was sarcastic? -__-

I guess I didnt?

Its extremely hard to tell in this thread sometimes

When we max this thread out, can we call the next one AIKO aiko MEGATHREAD

I promise to post constructively.

1 Like

Maybe the ISDs will require you to purchase a Thread Title Ownership Permit from them. :wink:

We can not turn New Eden into some pin the tail on the pony and perhaps the term bad people means something completly different when they designed this game.

/Permaband - HTFU - YouTube

It is funny how gank-haters always say and expect that all the ganking is being done by multiboxers. Yet when it fits their argument, they will drop that belief and starts argumenting with an actual players who are on standby in their ship waiting (semi)afk for the gank mastermind to warp them on a victim to press F1 there and warp away.

But fair enough. It was stupid from me to generalize. Even the most passive activities like mining can be active enough under some circumstances and just as well ganking can be under some circumstances totally passive as well.

1 Like

Small is not just a mind set. It’s a comment on the players ability to defend themselves related to the bigger group.

Would you turn to a child with learning difficulties being bullied by bigger kids in school and say ‘small is just a mindset’ toughen up, pull yourself up by your boot straps.

Maybe you would.

Indeed this is not the thread I thought I was replying to!

Isn’t typical how stupid players play an MMO that is meant to be played with others and not solo cry all the time?

Like seriously Drac stop being an idiot and woke, you know in EvE players are expected to join corporations and interact with others…

CCP Rattati even said that is how he wants the game to be played.

2 Likes

So are you saying that miners are basically children with learning difficulties?

3 Likes

I mentioned Anti-Ganking as a play style that is in terminal decline, in fact its fairly close to being dead apart from a few brave stalwarts.

I have detailed the significant number of nerfs to this game play in this thread and if anyone wants me to detail them again feel free to ask, it is a long and sad list.

I link to you a kill mail:

Charon | Daxter Alabel | Killmail | zKillboard

This is an interesting one as it is a ganker loot scooper, Jason Kusion no less. The only reason this happened was because of the Enormous Freight Containers which cannot be loot scooped via a noob ship and DST. This mean that there were consequences and though he lost the freighter he did drop the important ones full of loot which the gankers managed to scoop later.

In this skirmish his freighter did not go down without a fight, he used ECM burst to try to break the tackle and other such methods showing that the gankers do not need to use the lame scoop the loot trick. I propose that items can not be scooped directly into a DST into an intermediary noob ship, but have to go into their own cargo bay first before being able to be passed into the DST.

If we saw this sort of event happen more often because the loot scooping rubbish mechanic was changed to what I suggested then other balance items may not be required because it is all about cost. AG will have to work to get these kills which will be more often and not happen once in a blue moon because someone used those freight containers… :thinking:

Like people who multi-box on their own perhaps?

Did I say otherwise, however there is a difference between moving a freighter with 115m units of Trit and one with 56bn of stuff in it, your comments of course apply to the one with 56bn of stuff in it. And if it does not you need to think about it a bit more…

Yeah, but isn’t Eve a sandbox and most play is in fact solo.

As for calling me an idiot and woke, you need to let go of that emotion.

I’m saying that the salt the gankers are looking to mine basically only comes from people who lack the EQ or the resilience to not rise to their baiting in chat. That when they start winding up the miner that finally bites and rages in local they are winding up someone who lacks the faculties to know this is a bad idea and not helping themselves.

Most gankees sensibly Ignore the ganker but the gankers are looking for the one that looses their cool in local.

So just the angry ones are like children with learning difficulties then?

1 Like

We aren’t talking about that situation. We are talking about gamers playing a game. All of us can choose how we prepare for a situation and how we respond. It very much is a mindsert.

Irrelevant analogies are exactly that, irrelevant, because of course that’s not a situation I would hope anyone calls small minded. That’s a real situation, not a game.

1 Like

The analogy isn’t hard to follow. If you are only picking on the ones that lack the faculties to control themselves then you are no different to the bullies in school who pick on the kids that lack the faculties to control themselves or defend themselves. In my opinion.

“Angry miners are like children with learning difficulties.”

- Geminus Duolphus, YC124

3 Likes