Nerf Ganking Megathread

I actually like that.

But keep in mind CONCORD response can be different within a single system depending on it being pulled, and I believe that the security status of the target still has some effect, but not sure.

4 Likes

“HIgh Security 0.5 system” does not impart any sort of understanding to anybody who has not read a write up about the security levels of EVE. Nothing to do with intelligence whatsoever. Its about knowledge. And even then 0.5 is not really telling people much unless they memorized a chart.

Well, I did say approximate. Few people are going be getting out their stopwatches complaining about accuracy. Just having a very good idea what’s up is a very good thing.

That’s actually a good idea, it’s basically self-explanatory.

Me too, this would really go a long way to clearing things up. Especially for new people IF it were explained and even better, demonstrated in the tutorials.

1 Like

I have removed some inappropriate posts - keep civil and on-topic please.

ISD Bahamut

1 Like

Aiko’s playground?

EDIT: “HIgh Security” is good enough, one don’t need to be a genius to figure out that the security is higher than other areas IOW, is relative high security.
Yes, CCP can put a long essay in a pop-up that explain in detail all the intricacies of how the security status affect one’s safety. But most people will just close it without even reading and everyone else will be ganked while reading.

1 Like

They should add my portrait above all the gates and stations, and you can see it in station too. That way everyone would understand the situation.

4 Likes

CRZ 19 is a long essay??? And who said anything about putting that in a pop-up??

Somewhere I suggested a reminder at undock that pilots were entering a PVP area and their ship could be destroyed before Concord could arrive. That’s short.

We have EVE University for a reason. It has a chart of Concord response times. My way, you don’t need a chart. You just glance at the sec status of the system you are in and instantly you know what it means.

1 Like

It’s not necessary. Thanks for your suggestion. No need to submit this idea again.

1 Like

The undock pop-up would eliminate the lack of informed consent for many EVE pilots. However, griefers don’t like it because the lack of informed consent amplifies the grief victims may feel. They love it much more when the victim is confused because it makes manipulating them into believing lies or going on angry rants a LOT easier.

lol. I actually kind of like the idea of players having to click “agree” on a general PvP-consent form when they undock.

5 Likes

Nobody cares.

:upside_down_face:

You hear that? Either you don’t care or you are nobody. Not sure which it is, but I am sure my opinion is about to be given to me, so no need to form my own.

1 Like

Ridley, EVE don’t revolve around you. The forum don’t revolve around you. And I don’t post every single comment as a response to you.

If you didn’t said “let’s put an essay” fine. I never said you did.

I care.

Oh/ Forget about that, I’m nobody.

I’m fine with there being lots of pop-ups and trigger warning within the game to inform players of potential dangers, gameplay elements, etc. However, I would also like for there to be a pop-up warning players that the game is going to have many pop-ups, so that they can make an informed decision about playing a game that has significant pop-up spam before getting involved and invested in it. I think it’s only fair.

3 Likes

How to tank ez
Get bustard
Put pith x-types for all damage resists
Put large shield extender
Damage control
T2 defense extenders
Profit?

Also full high grade Nirvana’s LOL

Pre surgical Amarr DST fit I made
Jesus Christ

1 Like

You want the entire universe to know the truth that you are the child of Donkey Herders from an Amarr outpost?

Hey Guys,

looking for an highsec corporation to do some closed alpha testing for my project Code against Ganking.
You will get free access during this tests and just have to provide me some feedback etc.

Details: https://cag.gangolf.space

1 Like