Nerf Ganking Megathread

You are totally sabotaging yourself.

Take a look at this old website article: Transversals

Some of the links are no longer working but this one is: Spiraling

What it amounts to is this: a smaller ship gets “under the guns” of the larger ship and because of tracking differences just fires away at the larger ship while the larger ship’s guns miss, a lot.

You have to be a decent pilot to pull this off, and have a lot of ammo in your hold. There used to be a group in Amarr that did this. Some times the frig pilot would run out of ammo, and upon a occasion a corp mate would ferry ammo out to them so they could get a kill with this technique. I always found this hilarious, on account of I don’t think it would have occurred to me (on my own) to even ask for someone to try to ferry ammo out to me.

My apologies for being off topic.

1 Like

Sure, you don’t get the extra 10% RoF from the specialization, and you don’t get the “Rage” missiles for even more DPS (against larger targets), but you can be entirely viable with decently-priced named gear and faction ammo. I don’t know why you keep arguing, but if thinking that you have all the answers makes you feel better, by all means have at it.

Drones can hurt a lot. But there’s a way of dealing with those as well.

Maybe ( having already bought and fitted five Missile Launcher II for the Caracal) I don’t want to change to something that’s actually twice as expensive ( 2.5m each for the Arbalest launchers ) and is less effective…and Caldari Navy missiles cost an arm and a leg.

Then use the next cheapest option which is the XT-2800 launcher.

Anyway, I’ve explained what needed explaining. How you rationalize your ship setups and expenditures is of no concern to me past this point. If you want to obsess over training for two weeks before undocking and doing anything fun, or stress out over the cost of a faction missile, that’s your loss, not mine. I’m too busy killing battleships with my frigates to give this any more care than what goes into a two-minute forum post.

Someone doesn’t understand why meta modules are good.

Yea but there is a reason why arbas are expensive. And cal missiles too. Maybe learn to EVE before popping off :smiley: If T2 was strictly just better, then why would the meta mods be more expensive? Please learn some things :smiley:

There is a reason you use faction missiles over T2 sometimes. I’ll let you figure that one out :smiley:

Also nano cara or

She doesn’t really understand the fitting mechanics yet. Its why she thinks T2 is strictly better when sometimes it isn’t LOL.

Your nothing.

Yeah, like the Arbalest gives me 250 DPS and 1400 alpha shot, and the T2 gives me 300 DPS and 1600 alpha shot. Sometimes it is, eh.

The entire universe came from nothing.

You should take their advice. Fitting is skill all unto itself. With low sp, t1 gear can make a ship sparkle! I didn’t lvl up the 14 for yrs till I needed it for the better ships.

Don’t worry. We were all nothing once. Just don’t get ahead of yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL. Let me know when you understand why that is.

She won’t. She’s convinced only DPS matters LOL.

It’s not that I have faith, but at least hope. She learns quick so far.

I honestly don’t remember my mindset when I was new. I think learning skills buggered my memory. But by the time I got past that, I had a good idea of what to do. Plus, I was getting excellent advice from the Bitter Old Vets of the time! :smirk:

I still think (at least at this point in time) the NPE needs more pvp. Teach them young how not to be a sheep. Thats been a problem for a long time, hence this thd. Focas less on mining, more on exploration? Meh, who knows what would help.

My outdated advice is to train up the hull before you stick your guns of choice on it. Dps is great, but unless your ganking, (for the most part anyway) I like when my ship docks back up.

I have repeatedly pulled CONCORD to NPC stations in order to lengthen the CONCORD response time on subsequent ganks.

I have not been banned because my dad owns Nintendo

2 Likes

Can a thread be blocked? The existence of this thread is giving me cancer.

Lol Darth Danuja that’s a good one

With the right numbers and organisation of course DPS is the best thing , we have weapons of mass destruction that fit on our ships , who wouldn’t enjoy using them.

Shield reps and electronic warfare are an alternative when numbers are low or there are many solo AG around .

I have found the best setup are the mixed fleet, when we have a nice mix of all of the above 3 , they are much harder for them to counter and often cause them to faff around .

Remember ganker aren’t stupid and want to be successful at a gank so doing the same thing over and over is never going to work . Be it for isk or the hell of it they want to win .

1 Like

Scroll down to just past the reply to topic button and change the setting from “Watching”, “Tracking” or “Normal” to “Muted”.

1 Like

Excellent post, the most effective AG fleets are those that use a mixture of things so that it is not so easy to counter. Solo AG is best done with electronic countermeasures but you have to understand the limitations and they are situational. For example my Celestis works great with -10 suicide tackle, but does not work with those that Tag themselves into an easy life.

Generally this is how I see it:

Objective one, stop the gankers from holding the target in place.
Objective two, mitigate and remove DPS
Objective three, counter the DPS with repping

The gankers often use N+1 to counter the counters.

If the RR was not so oppressive there would be more interesting AG fleets possible.

Stormbringer would be interesting apart from the fact that it arcs to suspects too thus making the AG player suspect. So it is very situational and can be countered by just having a ganker suspect there. That and the cost makes them very ineffective and perhaps only one use. Now if CCP were to make the green safety actually work for them then we would have a winner…

PS While I may every so often read Destiny, has a temp block, I never read anything written by Gix or Aiko, your block is permanent. Madness is doing the same thing again and again and expecting another outcome…, Gix you are mad…, totally mad.

1 Like

Yes fleet comp matters. Yes, paper DPS is cool but also knowing how to actually apply it.

Your post does not inspire confidence.

I don’t understand why guys keep trying to “fix” hardcore PvP games by making them stop being hardcore PvP games.

I mean, it’s not like hardcore PvP’ers jump on a WoW PvE server and say, “you know what this game needs? Always on, full loot PvP!!! I mean, hardcore PvP bros are getting bored and leaving, which is bad for the game, and bad for Blizzard’s bottom line.”

Oh, and if want to see what would happen if you got your way, look no further than New World. It was also supposed to be a hardcore PvP game with always on PvP and a full loot death mechanic, but the carebears complained, and Amazon Games gave in late in development. Unfortunately, that now meant that the game had survive on the strength of it’s PvE content. And so, after the carebears got burned out on the crappy PvE content of a game that was initially designed to be PvP focused, they bailed.

And, yes, I’m aware that New World had other problems. But that doesn’t change the fact that trying to turning a hardcore PvP game into a PvE game will just result in game that no one wants to play. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure some guys will happily chug along mindlessly grinding for no reason. But I’m willing to bet that even a lot of the carebears will bail once you suck out the challenge.

And that’s even before considering the economic ramifications of restricting PvP.

Look, if you don’t want to play a hardcore PvP game, don’t play a hardcore PvP game. Go play Eve Echoes or something, and stop trying to ruin Eve for the people who love it for what it is.

4 Likes