:facepalm: New Eden Capsuleers Writing Contest - Plagiariser Report

I mean didn’t you just say the tread is locked

2 Likes

I appreciate the constructive comments.

As those who know me (and have watched the contest) know. It’s been revised and updated over the years in ways to try to make it better as a result of such comments!

4 Likes

The thread was locked by the CCP dev not because of that. The judges made the decision to allow the forgery to keep its 3rd place before that came about.

I mean this panel of judges allowed a forged plagiarised poem to rank 3rd in the first place due to not judging properly, then once informed of this, allowed it to stand nonetheless above original works. This clearly is rediculous and its funny seeing Lasairionas desperate attempts to save face.

I mean its still locked now, bitching about changing it now seems pointless, as far as I read the plagiarised poem was removed from the prize pool and the 3-4th got the prize instead, yes?

1 Like

Lol, okay.

The fact you are clutching at straws trying to mount a defence suggests you are another one of the role players frankly.

For the millionth time, the issue I have is not who gets isk, who cares about that anyway, its the prestigue of the leader board and the decision to allow the plagiarised work of Cilisa Lugara, their community buddy, to keep its place regardless of the levels of plagiarism involved.

And regarding these repeated claims that it takes effort to check plagiarism, it doesnt. I might set to work to prove this, just to settle the point, by plagiarism checking every other winner from every past year… how about that?

1 Like

Is “Role players” a slur now?

I mean you make it sound like its the end of the world that the judges didn’t spot it, and that you are some super judge that did spot it. so now instead of just quietly bringing it to they attention you are now standing on a pedestal shouting the the world that you feel slighted.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Miss Lugara has forfeited third, which is why the other winners had been promoted. Could the judges edit the winners list to reflect this? Yes. Maybe they have their own reasons not to, but … you’re making it into a bigger deal than it really is!
Could the judges run every entry through a plagiarism checker? Sure, they could. But they don’t want to - maybe because they trust that nobody would try to plagiarize anything.
Also, piece of advice: next time, bring it up the judges quietly, maybe? Not everything needs to be this public

2 Likes

I wrote a polite and private mail to the judges after I found it, but they made a poor choice to modify the poem to make it seem better then allow it to stand as a 3rd place winner.

This is clearly due to relationship salvaging as Cilisa Lugara is part of the role play community and they are all just desperately trying to back scratch their way clear of this mess. The judges would have been at home in the control room of the Chenobyl reactor frankly, this is a disaster of epic proportions.

I am really very… very sorry. But I personally think Cilisa Lugara should have been removed from 3rd place then banned from future iterations of the competition.

1 Like

I don’t think that means what you think that means. So far, the only person who seems to be making it into a massive outcry is… you.

You are a professional writer and judge of writing that has judged a plagiarised and forged work above original works, and now in this thread, defended it after it has been uncovered.

Oh my.

1 Like

And I said the incident had been dealt with. Never have I said that the issue was okay or made any attempts to say that I approve of what the contestant did. If that’s been assumed by yourself, it’s your own fault.

I’m secure in my own judicial integrity and that of a professional, published author.

1 Like

Being a dick won’t get you very far.

6 Likes

Haha, personal insults have no effect on me, no matter how many of you role players raid my thread with them.

Why do I never get moderation in my favour I wonder.

Ah, it’s a roleplayer vendetta! The humanity!

Naw, I’m good, bro. You do you :slight_smile: Have a lovely day!

So this does boil down to you being hurt over the judge’s decision. So I will repeat myself, instead of resolving this in a civil manner you stepped on the podium and started a personal crusade to rid the world of falsehood and bad decisions

Not a RP’er and dude you are making a bigger deal out of this, if the problem has been dealt with… get over it.

2 Likes

I mean clearly there is something that hurt you, given you are willing to spend all this energy over a matter that is already dealt with

2 Likes

Since this is OOC, I’m gonna call it as I see it.

I don’t believe this at all. I posted a short story which, at the very end, was linked to Eve with this:

Knowing that they have limited time, Humans are now looking to escape the extinction of their race by colonizing Planets in another Galaxy, easily accessed by a newly discovered Wormhole which they have named the Eve Gate.

Right after I posted my story, you immediately dismissed it with this reply:

It’s quite clear in Eve Lore we don’t have this knowledge. That’s why groups like the sisters of eve study the gate because there is a broken history.

Your claim of staying away from entries that present a conflict of interest to your character is false, you presented yourself as a Lore Expert and dismissed my story due to viewing it as a factual accounting of Eve Lore when it was actually just a fictional story set in a time frame before Eve’s recorded history.

You may take your judging very seriously but it appears to be done with bias and prejudice. I’ve had multiple interactions with you in other sub-forums and each one has been a negative hostile experience. So yeah, I don’t believe you to be a fair impartial judge at all.

Checking every entry isn’t required but for entries that appear to be professionally written, a spot check should definitely be conducted. And since you claim to have a real life job as an Author, Editor and Proofreader, checking for plagiarism should be a regular part of your work ethics.

Sure, that all looks good in writing but in general it can’t be proved as a true factual statement, especially when having multiple alt characters is considered normal for both in game and in the forums.

Your entire reply comes off as a self-righteous entitled player who is desperately trying to extradite yourself from being incriminated in any wrongdoing while firmly keeping yourself in a position of power.

I just need to remember that Eve is the game of alts.

As for the re-ordering of rankings, that doesn’t mean anything, especially when a person can win multiple spots within the same category. And if this contest was really being done just for fun, there wouldn’t be billions of ISK being rewarded as prizes.

The OP isn’t making a mountain out of a molehill, what the OP has done is uncover the tip of an iceberg. Just exactly how big is that iceberg and how long has it been there are the real questions.

Anyway, these are my own opinions…

3 Likes

Dude, you are a part of the role play community by taking part in the in character event.
I understand that it can feel like you are a perpetual outsider until you find your comfortable niche but this is not the way to make frenemies,or whatever.

It frustrates me that I can’t message you in game about this right now.
Good folk have put a great deal of time and thought into explaining how things work in The Summit.

Apply the same diligence to researching those guides and I’m sure you will come to understand that the whole of EVE is fundamentally a trust building exercise to is “won” cooperatively.

1 Like