In light of the successful contest the last three years I am pleased to announce the fourth year for a writing contest for stories or poems by Capsuleers .
There will be three categories:
- Academic/News (e.g. Academic, News Reporting, Economic Reports, Science Reports, Theological Writings, Treatises, etc.)
There will be a total of at least seven judges*, who will judge ALL categories:
(*I am open to adding one or two judges, so if interested message me)
There is no minimum length. Maximum length is 30,000 words. There is no required subject matter; the content may be fiction or non-fiction. All entries will be considered. Submissions are to be made by posting on Eve Forums - Eve Fiction or on http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com . Your post should specifically reference at the outset that it is being submitted for consideration in the YC 119 New Eden Capsuleer’s Writing Contest. If you have a good reason why you want to make a private submission, then contact me privately as to why.
DEADLINE for submissions is JULY 31ST of this year.
Winners will be announced at the a special gala in November Date TBD/Time TBD at the Golden Masque
(Thank you Morwen Lagann!).
Prize Pool - 10.5 Billion ISK So Far!
PRIZES - (for each category)
FIRST PLACE - 2.25 billion isk
SECOND PLACE - 1 billion isk
THIRD PLACE - 250 million isk
FOURTH PLACE - 100 million isk
(*Thank you Silver Night for being our first Sponsor! Thank you as well to Khaotique Savage, and Pod and Planet’s Mysterous Alt, and SFRIM’s very own Lord Ibrahim Tash Murkon! Other Sponsors Welcome and Needed!)
Additionally, each of the Judges may, in their discretion, award a personal prize to the favorite (regardless of the “place” of the submission)
All judges and I (as administrator) are disqualified from submission.
All entries will be considered.
if the quality of the entries does not merit the number of prizes, then prizes will be given up to the number deemed meritorious.
if people have any questions or need rulings, I am the contest administrator and you can feel free to message me directly.
The most “amusing” or “entertaining” to me* gets treated to a candlelit dinner by me at a fine restaurant.
Cordially, and with God’s Blessings
Lunarisse Aspenstar Daphiti
Praefecta Societas Sceptri Coronaeque
ENTRIES TO DATE:
- Veikitamo Gesakaarin “The Rime of Identifying as a Kestrel Frigate”
. . . http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=7349.0
- Halcyon Ember “Shadow of the Sun” https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=522552&find=unread
- Rovinia “Drone Poetry” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-writing-contest-drone-poetry/6404
- Daisha Voluptia “Loner” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-new-eden-writing-contest-poetry-entry-loner/9856
- Miyoshi Akachi “Reflections” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-199-new-eden-capsuleers-writing-contest-reflections/10850
- Che Biko “Figments of Poetry” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-necwc-entry-figments-of-poetry/12630
- Thulla Icin “Untitled” http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=7377.0
- Charles Cambridge Schmidt “ils savent” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc119-necwc-entry-ils-savent/12709
- Kador Ouryon “Where does that breeze go?” http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=7378.msg120958#msg120958
- lucian legaurd “Nightmare” https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6973890#post6973890
- Miyoshi Akachi “Flying or Flying” http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=7355.msg120702#msg120702
- Xepharious Wrynn “Moments” http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/l/moments/
- Umar Ahmad “Pain” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-new-eden-capsuleer-s-writing-contest-pain/9506
- Ninavask “Reachblades” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc119-new-eden-capsuleers-writing-contest-reachblades/10770
- Lasairiona Raske “Blooder’s Soul” -
- Che Biko “Belonging” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-necwc-entry-belonging/12634
- Aos Rollard 'the dangers of cloning!!" https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6980876#post6980876
- Casserina Leshrac “Bloodwine” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc-119-writing-contest-bloodwine/8232
- Mark726 “Drifter Hive Anomaly Analysis” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/drifter-hive-anomaly-analysis/12079
- Mizhir “Big Blue Sky of Doom” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc119-new-eden-capsuleers-writing-contest-the-big-blue-sky-of-doom/12307
- Mantelglobalindustries “[YC119 New Eden Capsuleer’s Writing Contest] The Youil Offensive – A chronicle of the State Protectorate’s military offensive against the Federal Defence Union in late YC118” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc119-new-eden-capsuleers-writing-contest-the-youil-offensive-a-chronicle-of-the-state-protectorate-s-military-offensive-against-the-federal-defence-union-in-late-yc118-part-1/12547 and https://meta.eveonline.com/t/yc119-new-eden-capsuleer-s-writing-contest-the-youil-offensive-a-chronicle-of-the-state-protectorate-s-military-offensive-against-the-federal-defence-union-in-late-yc118-part-2/12548
- Garion Avarr “Scriptural Reflection: Amash Akura 25:16 – On Service” https://meta.eveonline.com/t/scriptural-reflection-amash-akura-25-16-on-service/12721
((All submissions are expressly subject to the TOS and we certainly do not claim ownership. The submission of course, however, must be yours.
Note for ISD - This is specifically an In Character/Roleplay thing - a writing contest to be done by “characters”, not the players. The expectation is the submissions, whether poetry, prose or academic ’ would be in character or related to the character of to the capsuleer submitting it and people will have rp as part of the process. I also invite comments on the IGS related to this post in a RP vein or other RP in channels! Judging is also on an In character basis. This is the Fourth Year running for this contest.))