In light of the successful contest the last five years I am pleased to announce the SIXTH (yay!) year for a writing contest for stories or poems by Capsuleers .
There will be three categories:
- Academic/News (e.g. Academic, News Reporting, Economic Reports, Science Reports, Theological Writings, Treatises, etc.)
There will be a total of at least seven judges, who will judge ALL categories:
There is no minimum length. Maximum length is 30,000 words. There is no required subject matter; the content may be fiction or non-fiction. All entries will be considered.
Submissions are to be made by posting on either
Eve Forums - Fiction Portal - Player Fiction
or Backstage - Eve Fiction Board
While not required, it helps me track entries if you do start your title [YC 121 NECWC] or something similar. Regardless, Your post should specifically reference at the outset that it is being submitted for consideration in the YC 121 New Eden Capsuleer’s Writing Contest. If you have a good reason why you want to make a private submission, then contact me privately as to why.
DEADLINE for submissions is MAY 15TH of this year.
Prize Pool - 37 Billion ISK So Far (with special non-isk prizes special prize)!
PRIZES - (for each category and subject to update if pool grows))
FIRST PLACE - 8 billion isk
SECOND PLACE -3 billion isk
THIRD PLACE - 1 billion isk
FOURTH PLACE - 100 million isk
Honorable Mentions - 50 million isk
(*Thank you Hetu Hegirin and Francophobia for being our first Sponsors! Thanks also to the Arakata Research Consortium. We’ve also received an extremely generous anonymous donation, of which 16 billion will be used for this year! (and the rest for next year) Other Sponsors Welcome and Needed!)
Each of the Judges may, in their discretion, award a personal prize to the favorite (regardless of the “place” of the submission)
The most “amusing” or “entertaining” to me* or intriguing gets treated to a candlelit dinner by me at a fine restaurant… and 800 million isk.
SUBMISSIONS SO FAR! (as of last edit
Cilisa Lugara - Every single in God’s Light
Ravermile - Here in Eve I’ve traveled near and far
Kyle Saltz - Assorted Poems
Valdezi - Four Love Poems
Lynn Yi - The Harpy Sings
Creetalor - Rememberance
Constantin Baracca - The Embrace of Arms
Kithrus - Turn Home
Elassus Herron - Nine Lyrics of Hirvomiakken
Charles Surge - To Recover
Che Biko - The Winter of Origin
- Kyle Saltz - Interrogation of a Paladin
- Havohej - Voices in the Dark
- Vaari - Cleansing of Providence
- Quedragan en Gravonere - The Least interesting Man in the World
- Miyoshi Akachi - Anonymous End
- Lynn Yi - An Uncharted Abyss - Part One
An Uncharted Abyss - Part Two
- Lynn Yi - The Book of Todram
- Rue - Crimson Birth
- Elias enDiabel - The Story
- Tanagura Amoii - The Dragon of Hei Shi-an
- Creetalor - Past Shadows
- Melisma Ramijozana - An Entirely Fictional Account of an Entirely Fictional Incident
- Mahazkie Vas’Hilgara - The Talk of Tintoh
- Aiden Vayle - In Deep, Chapter 1-3
- DeMichael Crimson - SoCT Vacation Transcripts
- Loai Qerl - Kingdom’s Just Desserts (Not Prize Eligible)
- Thomas Markand -What Serpents Would Call This Paradise
- Auriga Menkalinan - Clay Maiden
- Ninavask - Keitgas Station
PROSE - NON FICTION/ACADEMIC/NEWS
- Valdezi - Match Report - Syndicate Kendu League (Agoze Rules) Men’s B Grade Grand Final 25.2.121")
- Auriga Menkalinan - Scandal at Syndicate’s Kendu Showdown!
- Auriga Menkalinan - Make ours a Henry’s!
- Mantelglobalindustries - Itamo Naval Rum
- Bakul en Divalone - SEE THE INTAKI HOMEWORLD
- Mantelglobalindustries and HC Androidson - An Astrogeological Survey
- Kalodote Lafisques Project “Alexandria”
- Sky Seolec - Early-Life Traumatic Experience As a Predictor of Capsule Compatibility
- Valdezi - Malkalen Address
- Taora Teonsur - Gelfiven News Network Collection
- Jorianna Gallaire - “See and Hear” Magazine Article
- Valerie Valate - The use of cyborg constructs as religious enforcers…
- Ninavask - VaskTech Indigo’s Fall After Action Report
- Koren Akko -I-RCN Collection - YC 121 Articles in Thread
- Diana Kim - The Rise and Fall of Caldari Providence Directorate
- Roirdan Bouche - OGS Facility Guides
All judges and I (as administrator) are disqualified from submission.
All entries will be considered.
if the quality of the entries does not merit the number of prizes, then prizes will be given up to the number deemed meritorious.
if people have any questions or need rulings, I am the contest administrator and you can feel free to message me directly.
Cordially, and with God’s Blessings
Lunarisse Aspenstar Daphiti
Directrix Societas Sceptri Coronaeque
Executrix Khimi Harar
((OOC NOTE FOR ISD - This is specifically an In Character/Roleplay thing - a writing contest to be done by “characters”, not the players. The expectation is the submissions, whether poetry, prose or academic ’ would be in character or related to the character of to the capsuleer submitting it and people will have rp as part of the process. I also invite comments on the IGS related to this post in a RP vein or other RP in channels! Judging is also on an In character basis. This is the Fifth Year running for this contest so I appreciate if this can be kept in the rp forum like past years))