YC 126 New Eden Capsuleer's Writing Contest

All:

I am pleased to announce the ELEVENTH year for a writing contest for stories or poems by or about Capsuleers/Baseliners and their worlds and cultures.

BASIC DETAILS:

CATEGORIES: There will be THREE categories this year:

1. Poetry
  2. Prose
  3. Academic/Scientific (e.g. Academic, Economic Reports, Science Reports, Theological Writings, Treatises, etc.) or News/Gossip/Opinion Pieces

RULES

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION - June 30th

There is no minimum length. Maximum length is 5,000 words. There is no required subject matter; the content may be fiction or non-fiction.

Prior works are eligible as long as posted or published AFTER May 30th, YC 124 (2023). This means, for example, works in the recent story-time thread on the IGS or stories and gossip reports (in Player Fiction) in the past year can be nominated by their authors for consideration.

Please post entries by linking in this thread or by a clear label in the Eve Fiction category of these forums, e.g. [YC 126 NEWCWC your work title here] as the title.

PRIZES

1st-4 billion isk
2nd - 2 billion isk
3rd - 1 billion isk
4th - 500 million isk

(Subject to change as donations recieved)

SPECIAL PRIZES:

Each of the Judges may, in their discretion, award a personal prize to the favorite (regardless of the “place” of the submission)

The most “amusing” or “entertaining” to me* or intriguing gets treated to a candlelit dinner by me at a fine restaurant or a meal at another location

ADDITIONAL RULES/COMMENTS

All judges and I (as administrator) are disqualified from submission for prizes.

All entries will be considered. However, no plagarism is allowed.

if the quality of the entries does not merit the number of prizes, then prizes will be given up to the number deemed meritorious.

if people have any questions or need rulings, I am the contest administrator and you can feel free to message me directly.

I also want to offer the following thank you to our Donors! Franco Phonaga, Kaladote Lafisque, Julian Flavours, Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

Also a thank you to this year’s panel of judges for volunteering their time and efforts: Nevyn Kumamato, Loai Qerl, Francophobia, Bin Orlenard, Cassandra Habulu, Lasairiona Raske, Shaikar, Therese Isimazu, Kaladote Lafisques and CCP Lumi

Cordially, and with God’s Blessings

Lunarisse Aspenstar Daphiti
Directrix Societas Sceptri Coronaeque
Co-Executrix Khimi Harar

((OOC note - no plagarism or AI Generated Stories! it is requested that the work be “original” to the player entering and not copied from another author or created by an AI author.))

10 Likes

Hello,
I would like to submit [YC 126 NEWCWC] Three Haikus for the spacers in the Poetry category and [YC 126 NEWCWC] Wormhole like a wound in the Prose category.

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to submit [YC 126 NEWCWC] Love: Lost and Found and [YC 126 NEWCWC] Amarr Sand both in the Prose category.

1 Like

I would like to submit this as an in character opinion piece.

(I have no clue on how to work with this forum, if I need to adjust something, please let me know.)

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to submit Sightseeing on the path of Katia Sae in the Academic/Scientific (e.g. Academic, Economic Reports, Science Reports, Theological Writings, Treatises, etc.) or News/Gossip/Opinion Pieces category.

1 Like

I wish to enter this story about Marrha of the Night in the Prose category (as I am pretty sure it would not be accepted as Theological) as a joint entry by myself and Eyrin of Haran.

OOC note

This is not IC original by Elsebeth but it is an OOC original by myself. Eyrin of Haran as a character does not currently exist in the game engine but if preferred I can make her up as a temporary NPC for any interactions that follow should the entry place.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

I’d like to submit [YC 126 NEWCWC] "Event Horizon" in the Fiction category. Thank you very much for the consideration.

1 Like

I would like to submit the following for the Poetry Contest

[YC 126 NEWCWC] In the Fleet Commander’s Wake: Charting the Cosmic Path

[YC 126 NEWCWC] The Fleet Commander’s Dominion: Guiding the Fleet Beyond

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to submit the following 2 pieces, both in the Prose category:

1 Like