[Announcement] YC 119 New Eden Capsuleer Writing Contest

Yay! You know I lack patience :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d suppose it unfair to consider my ā€œSelene - A Look Back At Her Lifeā€. It was past due date. Rules are rules folks. Stickling is important!

Oh shucks!!! Stickling isnā€™t in the dictionary??? It MUST NOT be a word!!! I suppose my name is just messed up Latin which is incoherent babbling :(.

I read fast. :smiley: Thanks everyone for their entries! Reading them feels like a very private sort of look at you and itā€™s an honor you were willing to let people see.

I hope youā€™ll all submit to future events, and keep writing, and continue to enrich the cluster with yourselves. <3!

9 Likes

Thank you for the compliment :slight_smile: This is the first time Iā€™ve shared something Iā€™ve written, and Iā€™m glad to know it was well-received.

4 Likes

The judges have completed their review of the entrants. Judges, Entrants,friends, and any interested members of the public, are cordially invited to The Golden Masque, Sunday October 1 @ 20:00 (NEST) for the announcement of the winners and the judgeā€™s special prizes. Wine, spirits, and cheeses from around the Cluster will be served!

3 Likes

Nice to hear this, but I wonā€™t be able to make it to the announcement, sadly.

1 Like

Yay! Exciting!

2 Likes

I wish I could attend, but I am lookiing forward to hearing about who the winners were!

2 Likes

Eeeek! This is coming up soon! Iā€™m so excited and nervous!

3 Likes

Due to the Imperial Jubilee and my primary obligations, I need to push back this event by one week:

The judges have completed their review of the entrants. Judges, Entrants,friends, and any interested members of the public, are cordially invited to The Golden Masque, Sunday October 8th @ 20:00 (NEST) for the announcement of the winners and the judgeā€™s special prizes. Wine, spirits, and cheeses from around the Cluster will be served!

5 Likes

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the Masque but I look forward to hearing the results! I hope to hear good things when I come up for air after weeks of ceaseless work.

3 Likes

Alright! Itā€™s my wifeā€™s birthday, but still I should be able to make this date, as opposed to the previous date, so it works out for me.

3 Likes

WINNERS! As announced today.

POETRY:

1st Kador Ouryon
2nd Charles Cambridge Schmidt
3rd Che Biko
4th Thulla Icin
Honorable Mentions Halcyon Ember, Rovinia, and Daisha Voluptia

PROSE

1st Ninavask
2nd Xepharious Wrynn
3rd Che Biko
4th Miyoshi Akachi
Honorable Mentions lucian legaurd, Umar Ahmad, and Lasairiona Raske

ACADEMIC

1st Mark726
2nd Mizhir
3rd Mantelglobalindustries
4th Aos Rollard and Garion Avarr
Honorable Mention Casserina Leshrac

Those who attended the Gala already recieved their prizes. Others will be processed and sent the next few days.

Thank you to those who participated and a warm thanks to the judges, without whom I could not have done this! A warm thanks also to our sponsors: Silver Night, Khaotique Savage, and Pod and Planetā€™s Mysterous Alt, and SFRIMā€™s very own Lord Ibrahim Tash Murkon!

8 Likes

Congratulations to the Winners of your Contest.

Will there be Another one Next Year ?

3 Likes

It might even be called the YC 120 New Eden Capsuleer Writing Contest!

6 Likes

Congrats to the winners and thank you for hosting this once again this year @Lunarisse_Aspenstar! Now Iā€™ll look forward to next year. :smiley:

5 Likes

I am speechless. I did honestly not expect being placed so high, not against so many other great entries. Ancestors be praised.

I wish I was at the Announcement Gala so I could thank you and the judges and sponsors in person, as well as offering my congratulations to the other winners. For now I hope you find my words of gratutide sufficient.

This does make me want to follow up with part two - The Tin Can of Madness. Maybe it will be my entry for next year.

5 Likes

I thank our hostesses for hosting the competition and gala, the judges for their consideration, the sponsors for padding the wallets of myself and my fellow writers, and my fellow writers for their contributions.

May this inspire us all.

5 Likes

Honestly, it was surprising.