New Event Idea: Alpha Fleet vs. Omega Battle!

I thought of an interesting event idea, and at the same time a way such that the idea can not be cheated thru.

The event will have two reward point bars, meaning two different set of rewards. Users are not forced to choose one from the two (unless they are alpha).

The first bar will be called Alpha points. I thought of an interesting scheme of way the point structure can be laid out.

Alpha bar(Alpha and Omega can take part)

• Create/join a fleet (0) points. Self explanatory
  • Alpha Attack (3). The fleet you are part, have all members and you actively attacking a capsuler’s dreadnought. All members of your fleet and you are in a alpha ship and have alpha modules only fitted. (This is a chain task)
  • Who’s next? (5) The fleet destroys a capsuler’s dreadnought using alpha things only. (This is a chain task)
  • The final blow (15)points. You are the one that causes the final blow to the dreadnought.(This is a chain task)

*Alpha Attack (5). The fleet you are part, have all members and you actively attacking a capsuler’s Carrier. All members of your fleet and you are in a alpha ship and have alpha modules only fitted.
*Who’s next(10). The fleet destroys a capsuler’s Carrier using alpha things only.
*The final blow (30)points. You are the one that causes the final blow to the carrier.

*Alpha Attack(7). The fleet you are part, have all members and you actively attacking a casuler’s Titan. All members of your fleet and you are in a alpha ship and have alpha modules only fitted.
*Who’s Next(20). The fleet destroys a capsuler’s Titan using alpha things only.
*The final blow(60)points. You are the one that causes the final blow to the Titan.

Omega Point Bar(Only Omega can take part)
*Big one’s(0). Undock with a dreadnought(chain)
*Anti-Alphalising(3)points. Destroy 20 capsuler cruisers, who are in an active battle with you. (chain)
*Supreme Anti-Alphalising(15)points. The 20 cruisers were destroyed in a row, without you docking, not using any armor or hull repairer, without use of any drones, no damage control modules fitted, not using webs, no use of energy neuts or noserfuartus, or not tethering to a citadel, at any time between and during the 20 destructions.

*Big one’s(0). Undock with a carrier.
*Anti-Alphalising(10)points. Destroy 50 capsuler Battle Cruisers, who are in an active battle with you.
*Supreme Anti-Alphalising(25)points. The 50 Battle cruisers were destroyed in a row, without you docking, not using any armor or hull repairer, without use of any drones, no damage control modules fitted, not using webs, no use of energy neuts or noserfuartus, or not tethering to a citadel, at any time between and during the 50 destructions.

*Big one’s(0). Undock with a titan.
*Anti-Alphalising(25)points. Destroy 100 capsuler Battleships, who are in an active battle with you.
*Supreme Anti-Alphalising(45)points. The 100 Battleships were destroyed in a row, without you docking, not using any armour or hull repairer, without use of any drones, no damage control module fitted, not using webs, no use of energy neuts or noserfuartus, or not tethering to a citadel, at any time between and during the 100 destructions.

Alpha bar prizes:
*100 points - Random alpha large rig (Tier 1)
*250 points - Random alpha large rig (tier 2)
*500 points - Standard Cerebral accelerator.
*1000points - random skin from a event from the past and extended cerebral accelerator.
*1500 points - Megathron blueprint (15 runs)

Omega Bar prizes :
*100 points - standard cerebral accelerator
*300 points - skin that shows the omega sign in a white background.
*500 points - Succubus frigate
*1000points - Mymidron
*1500points - random skin from a event from the past and extended cerebral accelerator.
*2500 points - Megathron Blueprint (15runs)
*5000 points - Serpentis faction Titan blueprint (1 run)

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

My suggestion is find another game if you want things to be this gimmicky…

2 Likes

How will this be so gimmicky?

Fixed problem in the post. Now I saw what looked gimiky. Made not gimmicky.

To fix the gimmicky part I recommend deleting all the words in the OP

4 Likes

TL;DR?

I never cared for structured pvp such as this, this is not why I play Eve and I expect fully this is not the kind of thing most pvpers in Eve want to see.

I find it strange that you assume omegas use supers. The biggest ships I can fly are cruisers. And I’m omega.

“New event idea: subcap fleet vs. cap fleet!” would have been a better description.

I vote for a complete pvp ban in high…

Gimmicky alpha vs omega pvp

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.