NEW FONT

I am starting to think CCP may test the fonts on nearly blind people, forgetting majority that have good eyesight.

Since this disaster, I haven’t been able to play this game for more than 20 minutes without getting eyestrain, and I agree with all the issues mentioned.

In addition, text in opened folders (eg. Bookmark folder) is too bright and does not need to be in bold, as the Bold typeface is even worse than the standard one.

1 Like

I’m nowhere near ‘nearly blind’, modern optics and medicines work wonders - I’m merely pointing out that at least one person with less-than-perfect vision actually finds the new fonts easier to read.

You broke the ui eaven more it is eaven hardewr to se now

3 Likes

Need to enlarge the text in the R-click drop down menu. It’s so small now you need a magnifying glass just to make sure you click on the correct selection.

2 Likes

Just WOW! This new “grey on grey” chat is so wonderful a pity I CANT READ IT

3 Likes

Is it me or it’s a bit sharper after DT?

Yes they made further improvements, looks really good now.

I don’t need to force to change focus now, hope it gets better for everyone else. Thank you CCP.

Really sorry for self-quoting but pain in the eyes gives me frustration and inadequacy.

I am using a 1920 - 1080 Solution and since the patch text is harder to read and Linked Text appears clumpy and hard to Read even small size does not help it out.

reading text is harder when it consumes more effort to read.
I would prefer an option ofr the old Font as it is for new Map.

Related to this topic color settings to Text should be a choice by the user to select what is more convenient.

1 Like

■■■■■■ it even worse. grey on grey? Lolwat

I did not and do not have problems with the new font, it works fine for me but this grey text is just weird and off putting, why is this needed and who asked for this?

CCP, I think this super dark blue against dark grey you’re using to count views above 1k on the forums would work even better in the in-game chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

"Do you have clear vision ?

Not since last update

7 Likes

I think it might help with retination.

Really unprofessional CCP really unprofessional. The looks of messed up font really gets on my nerves.

I wish some great viking would send you all who worked on this to DTP class and keep you there untill you learn something. If you would learn nothing, he would make you chisel futhark on boulders and each edge would need to be sharp as an axe edge, and those who are not able, would be thrown into one of many icelandic volcanos. :volcano:

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who dislikes new font rendering.
To me it looks too bold and uncrisp, compared to the old one.
But knowing CCP for >12 years they won’t ever revert anything they’ve done, no matter how devastating the feedback is.

2 Likes

I just closed the game after spending few minutes in it. Again. Cant stand how CCP massacred each word, each letter and number. :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

They do! CCP does revert stuff!

As a recent example, the new warp tunnel animation was reverted almost immediately when they got feedback that the quality was not high enough to be released yet.

With this new font, I feel like the same thing should apply. Sure, some people may like the font and for some screens it may read better. However, for a lot of people including myself this new font is much less readable and fuzzy.

Which is disappointing, because I do like the design of the new font just like I like the new warp tunnel animations. I would like to see CCP revert this as well until the font is of the necessary quality for everyone instead of only readable for a few screen resolutions.

1 Like