Boosters need to be drag and dropped on the HUD UI for use instead of opening cargo and consuming them.
HUD is hardly needs a change, comparing to other aspects of game.
But it would be nice to have
- more flexible “locked targets” management, including ability to resize icons and
- somehow define the area where locked targets are displayed.
Other very small thing - with the d-scan window:
there is a slider for a range, so it would be super-thoughtful to make this slider AS BELOW as possible to help user mouse-wheel-scroll its positions without aiming to that slider bar. User just move full-below mouse-movement and perform the distance change by mouse-wheel-scroll.
Also, there is a small bug (I guess?) when you cannot mouse-wheel-scroll the d-scan range because your mouse pointer is hovered right above the slider separator/pointer. In this case I must move my mouse pointer to the left or right from the separator pointer to make it be moving again.
i am talking about the ones from the official announcement
if you like minimalism so much, why don’t you use a compact member list in the chat windows? And why is your Neocom Menue so big?
I think the Neocom is it’s smallest, I just have a small screen.
I use a compact member list in the local chat window as you can see, but like seeing faces next to names of people who talk to more easily see at a glance who’s talking. For the rest I try to have everything compact.
Edit:
It’s definitely not at it’s largest:
Large neocom, lol
But you’re right that it’s not at it’s smallest either:
I like having buttons that are somewhat of a usable size on the Neocom so don’t mind a lost millimeter or two there.
getting a big screen is the most comfortable improvement for EVE you can ever get, just sayin’
Also what really helps is using a 90% UI scaling and then just increasing the font sizes to comfortable level.
While a bigger screen definitely is nice, a bigger screen doesn’t make the UI more minimalistic though.
I wish to get rid of all the redundant things.
Skyrim does the minimalistic UI really well, and I’d love a similar direction for EVE. Just show the bare minimum to play.
i prefer smallest neocom size
It’s already possible by moving the dot under the targets. Unless you mean something completely different.
You could also just have some floating icons in and around the HUD for consumables that are in your cargo hold(s).
Don’t say that, they’re going to give us the Skyrim inventory UI.
Yea… not everything Skyrim did was good, that inventory was horrid. ![]()
So old ships would have the old UI… steam gauges.
And the new ships get the modern display panel.
my two cents: the displays for warping, locations, should be changed to animated typing. The way every good SciFi movie display scene setting information.
Yes. It already does it when we reach destination so it shouldn’t be a big coding hurdle.
I just want it smaller and/or lower on the screen.
I mean look: it’s way to big and in the way for simple information such as ‘warping to’ and destination distance.
what is the ‘skilling spree’
Those were old and not used obviously.
( A.I Slop ) Originally, Skilling Spree was a limited-time event where you were given daily combat challenges. You’d kill NPCs and receive free Skill Points.
Have to agree with the minimalist sentiment. One of my first observations was the amount of space taken up with various data sources/feeds (which are often useful, yes) and less on my cool space ship and the environment. I suppose hot key bindings might help…overheating, speed control, weapons groupings could use some polish. I like the first person view but it is not really useful.
Honestly, it’s not that much different. So the window title bars, and like have been removed. That’s pretty much all the difference there is between the two.
I agree on minimalism as the direction to head to, but I’m not sure Fenris understands what that is. One of the things I do is use full transparency and blur on. That will make all the UI nearly 100% transparent which visually removes a lot of UI clutter.
It’s not too different indeed.
After all EVE does require a lot of info to be on the screen.
And it was more of a quick concrete mock up I could tell AI to make than something that also requires redesigning how the UI presents info.
FCCP could style those tabs if they want it to look better (as long as it stays functional and readable).
My main message is that I wish to see very little useless stuff on my screen and that design should be about how EVE presents the bare minimum info, not about redundant fluff like tab borders or tab titles that block parts of the view.


