New kill-right option?

This is a PvP game right, somone attacked you and won… that is Gameplay not Greifing.

If he had followed you system to system, coonstantly blowing you up again and again for hours, that would be griefing.

Seriously OP, if you truly beleive that this one single attack on your ship was Griefing, then report it to CCP, tell them someone blew you up once and you believe they should be permaband as a griefer… see where that goes.

Oh and speaking of permaband, maybe you should HTFU.

Holy ■■■■ what a great idea! I’m not even kidding, perma-docked / tethered cats will actually get blown up to the inconvenience of gankers. This is totally fine imho.

If this guy is so good at pvp he isn’t going to mind being filamented now and again to a 1v1 arena then is he?

Or -
b) You’re full of ■■■■ and just want to gank with impunity?

I totally agree with this.

But in almost 4 years of ganking and low sec solo pvp, I’ve had hundreds of threats of being hunted down.

Do you know how many of those threats actually came to fruition?

A grand total of 0.

As much as I would love a filament that would wisk me away to a 1 vs 1, I seriously doubt anyone would ever use it, sadly.

I have had a few people sit outside of a station I was docked at and tried to get me when I undocked. I didn’t think it was that rare.

A few out of how many total threats made?

Well, really only one guy actually found me and tried. Unfortunately for him, I wasn’t that easy to catch.

Are you saying that i’m full of ‘square boxes’ and want to gank with impunity?

For context:
I am a huge risk averse carebear, I do missions in hisec, I mine. For a while i used to ninja mine/rat in wormholes. I think i attacked other players maybe 3 times, and that was always in WH space.

I just happen to think that Eve being a PvP game, makes it FAR more interesting that just PvE. The way I look at it is that you can predict what an NPC is going to do… you cant predict PvPers or Gankers, which makes the game far more challenging and rewarding.

:scream:

You evil horrible ganker! How do you even sleep at night knowing that you shot at someone’s pixilated spaceship in a videogame!?!!!11one

This, right here. It’s the unpredictability of other people. It’s a total gamble and makes the game much more interesting!

1 Like

I dunno, I probably would, before I committed Sudoku I did a lot of ganker hunting.

But you are 1 out of thousands that play this game, so the odds of you hunting my ass down (that is, if you knew I had a public kill right on my head) or accidentally bumping into you, is really really slim.

Indeed, tracking people down is a complete ball ache.

1 Like

Sorry for double post, but I should point out that it’s not THAT difficult…if you have multiple toons. I don’t think this should be the case, I think you should be able to take revenge on one person, on your own. Without the need for multiple alts. (Referring to locator agents)

I don’t disagree.

But most carebears, are too risk adverse to even try.

Your attacker did not have the right to pull you into some special place in space where it is just 1v1 and kill you so why do you get this special treatment in return. In short, you should not get such treatment. Use a location agent, hunt them and kill them. You actually have an advantage they did not have (at least in highsec) you can activate the killright and murder them right in CONCORDs face and CONCORD won’t care.

Killing on my main 100% of the time since I started playing in January of 2013.

1 Like

I’m very much aware of how kill rights work, you’re missing my point, a player have the freedom to come up to another player such as he harmelss miner or explo player and engage with you, you may not like it and you may get salty about it, its how it works.

so this miner then has the right for the next 30 days to skill up, get in a ship and track down this criminal and take them down, i think that gives plenty of opportunity

see how gankers and griefers work is by understanding the common behaviours of the people they deem to be their victims, like how serial killers learn the routine of their targets, griefers and gankers learn the routines and behaviours of their prey.

one person if playing the game one way, while another person is playing the game another, the upset is the over lap. one persons loss is anothers gain in this game.

so if i the ganker am running around doing combat sites and i’m then for some reason magically pulled from my interaction.

first of all it breaks the flow of the game play and immersion for me
secondly i’m then put in a position where i now HAVE to fight anotehr person when i might not be looking to do that today thirdly its someone who i’ve already beaten in combat, so unless they’re hardcore rocking ship with all the skills to beat me its only going to serve as a nuisence for the player. pulled from whatever they were doing at the time. as a miner there are ways you can defend yourself or mine in peace, joining groups, better equipment on your ships, if you got griefed then you have to remember that when you play this game you’re not safe, its down to yourself to protect yourself.

you just happened to be someones pray today, yeah its a pain but its also the risk of (in this example i’m using) being a miner.

as a miner, someone ganking you is a risk you take when you get into the profession and you learn about it the hard way through experience and loss. however your flow of game play wasn’t interupted, but you’re saying pulling someone into a combat situation which they might not be prepared for where one player can pull another all the way across the universe to a fighting pit where one will be clearly more prepared than the other, or perhaps find a way of using this to abuse some kind of drop trading system?

what i think would be better would be a filament which directly takes you to the player you intend to fight, this would also be good for merc corps and small gang roams

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.