CCP to implement a better mechanic for killrights

Security status has been broken for a long time. Professional gankers with less than -5 sec status are free to warp and gate through highsec, dock in any NPC station and fire their weapons. Killright mecanics is useless since all it does is give someone a suspect timer flag. CCP should change that.

A better and fairer mechanic would be if someone with -5 sec status or below has a killright activate, then they get a criminal timer. No tether, no docking, no warping and no gating for 15 minutes. Imagine what will happen to all the gankers that comfortably sit tether on the Uedama fortizar. That would make killrights actually useful and give gank victims a real chance at revenge.

It would be a step in the right direction and a sign of a mature MMORPG that EVE could become. CCPlease implement this!

4 Likes

Good idea, but it has a problem: If someone gets Criminal timer, Concord kills them. While I personally donā€™t see a problem with that, from a gameplay perspective itā€™s a bit problematic if you could just get someone killed by concord by activating a killright. Similarly how killrights for ISK are extremely problematic.

CCP would have to introduce a new flag or implement the No docking, No Tether into the Limited Engagement timer that comes from a KR activation. No warping could be problematic, too, because you could just activate a kill right, lose to the guy and then the guy is stuck somewhere.

REDNES

Yes, a new type of rimer should be implemented. -5 suspect timer probably. No tether, no docking, no gating, no warp, but CONCORD doesnā€™t automatically kill the pilot so other pilots must kill him.

Responding in crybaby thread about gankers and security status.

4 Likes

you sound like a ganker crying about losing his game-play.

3 Likes

Is making people lose their gameplay the intent of your idea?

3 Likes

Then whyā€™d you say that thing you said? You know, this one:

Youā€™re basically asking for an execution button. Making someoneā€™s gameplay harder isnā€™t the same thing as asking for a feature that allows you to blow someone up at will without even having to do anything.

oh, you people are so good at picking on every word. let me guess - lawyer irl, right?

Iā€™m not acking fo any execution button, altough gankers wih below -9 sec status actually deserve that.
Iā€™m asking for a fair chance for gank victims to get revenge. because as it stands, killright mechanics are garbage and hardly fair towards the victims. gankers donā€™t care about the killrights on them.

2 Likes

Ironically I have no reason to come to or pass through Uedama at all. Unless of course I want to shoot gankers who are all congregated there.

It is not my fault the majority of the playerbase is too dumb to find their own space and thrive versus staying packed in the Caldari sardine can. The gankers are not dumb either as they continue to shoot fish in a barrel. You and the rest of the salty bears appear to be quite at a mental disadvantage however.

There is no reason to fit crap like this other than retards flying what they cannot afford to lose. Also, lol at getting your pod swiped in highsec after a gankā€“of course it is because they are all autopiloting or clueless.

Fill the glass to the brim with the salty tears for the holidays!

most of the pods are killed by a smarbombing cruiser in the middle of the gank. thicko!
study killmails before you embarass yourself next time!

Itā€™s an execution button. Since your idea completely immobilizes the target, you donā€™t even have to tackle them, which means that youā€™d be able to engage them without giving them any viable opportunity to defend themselves.

2 Likes

Stop flying what you cannot afford to lose.

1 Like

Too much work. Nadia needs the gankers to explode as soon as they undock.

For the safety of high sec of courseā€¦

4 Likes

The final destination of every request to nerf the gameplay of non-consensual PvPers is and always has been the complete removal of non-consensual PvP from the game.

8 Likes

you scummy people! twisating my words! I didnā€™t say that! gank victims still need to sell the killright and someone with access to the killright to be on grid to activate it. and also someone still needs to shoot at the gankers. my proposed mechanics would primarily stop gankers from sitting comfortably on thether at the Uedama Fortizar wint one hand down their pants and sipping coffee while scanning their next victim.

Highsec carebears are so scared of their own shadow that they donā€™t even attack suspect baiters, let alone seek retribution against gankers.

So sure, CCP should change the mechanics. Then itā€™ll be the next ā€œone more nerfā€ to move on to.

5 Likes

let me be clear: we need a third flag status, somewhere between suspect and criminal. it should imply: no docking, no gating, no thether. maybe allow warp so they donā€™t automatically get killed by CONCORD.
is that simple enough for your small brain?

1 Like

what we need is the highsec aggro mechanics pre-crimewatch. and insurance payouts on ganks like there used to be.

Make Can Flipping Great Again

5 Likes

those were faulty mechanics. there is a reason they got changed. and it is a good thing it happened. it was a step in the right direction and we need to continue on that direction.

The line between high sec ā€˜carebearā€™ and troll can sometimes be thin when it comes to forum posts about ganking, but this character leaves no doubt about their intentions.

This character has made only troll threads in the past and here we have another? Why do people fall for it?

6 Likes