New Mining barge and gone

2 Likes

1 Like

dude im a kinda old eve player , i lost 747 ships , one day you get used , no other game can give you the excitement that eve do and thats is because of the dire consequences of your acts , stay calm , buy your stuff back and have fun in the sandbox
best regards
fly safe o7

1 Like

It was one of those “EVE Play as the villain” advertisements. There was one where it said “EVE, Play as a baby”.

1 Like

Friggin boomers, don’t ya know everyones a winner? :crazy_face:

Ok millennial

In before the lock!

1 Like

The issue was that you were making too much noise due to the Microwarpdrive was active while the ship was not moving.

Closer look at the primary sources along with possible reasons, there seems to be three issues that stand out that with only the well trained eye of a true Ice and Ore Miner could notice with such detail.

Please allow me to walk you through what not to do while mining.

1/ Noise plays a HUGE factor and NPc’s hate noise which can be seen quiet clearly in your photo supplied that you had left your MWD on while mining.

Hence causing the rotor tip inside the microwarpdrive to over speed and the flow conditions in which the propeller was operating at zero m/s had produced a tone that attracted the like of those Serpentinis to your very location. Let me express this to you one more time as they really like that their belts inside their space to be quiet. Basically had you triggered the alarm by not turning it off and just letting it run even though your Orca was stationary.

2/ Distance between your Ship and the Asteroid (Or ice) was too great.
The drones require too great of travel hence making more noise as they too require the use of their in built mwd that create a slightly different tone that yours, but still enough to attract a few belt rats to your location.

3/ Being a Pig, Hog, over extending the Asteroid (Ice)

Notice the drone on one Asteroid and then next to that another Drone on the other?
Npcs really hate this, even players so in the end you were bound to be attacked, it was just a matter of time.

Sorry for your loss, Orca’s are great afk boats but let’s never do that in one =)

o/

I did wonder the same thing.

I do recall when I was new and mining, the system I was going to mine in had an incursion going on. I quickly learned how dangerous that was. But at least I knew they were NPCs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.