[New Module] Tether Jumpers

Are*, my bad.

Also is that from another thread? I don’t mind discussing the two but I think it muddies the discussion to put it into two different threads.

Let’s be clear on this.

I’ve done 2 years of Faction Warfare. I know the interaction between Brawlers and kiters. You forgot to put into account the starting positions of the two players, because depending on that you have a completely different fight, the kiter having to burn off before and use its remaining velocity to escape scram.

To put it simply, I also have my grasp of the nuances of combat in EVE. Thank you for the pseudo lesson here, and I’m genuine about that.

See, combat in EVE is actually a 2-dimensional affair.
Yes the game is happening in 3D, but if we take into account the dimensions that matter in combat, you have distance and speed. And those two form a X and Y axis.

MWD control distance, have an increase of signature radius that is counterbalanced by reducing damage through range, (to the point of 0, non-interaction)

AB do not control distance but have an increase in the damage avoided thanks to speed, and have more interaction.

There is a clear middle ground between those two extremes where you control distance in a guaranteed way, guaranteeing interaction unlike the AB (by being on top of your target) at the expense of the advantages of speed when it comes to damage received.

This is essentially where the brick tank wants to be, in their face.

For me, that’s a clear design space that can be exploited.

The part of it where he says I want fair fights. Again, I have baited enough people to not have this accusation thrown at me.

But hey, if you want to have liars at your side of the argument, suit yourself. Just know that I’ve had entire Discord against me multiple times, I’m pretty well-versed when it comes to people who think being rude equals bring right.

What? It’s the save thread you can even click the little arrow.

Did you miss the rest of what I was quoting? I asked if my initial explanation wasn’t clear enough.

I didn’t forget about this. I explained the interactions of 1v1 were skewed in the brawler favor and that at any point of the brawler gets hard tackle he wins.

I thought you well understood the nuances of eve combat after two years in FW? Because one of the most common fits there is the scram kite kestrel who very much uses the AB for distance. Not simply speed tanking. Or any of the 10mn support frigates that are common in FW. For them it is very much about both a reduction in damage and distance control.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.