After months of deliberation I have taken the red pill and went down the rabbit hole that is EVE Online. I did a lot of reading before jumping in and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do (and some guidance from some friends). I played Albion a lot and knew that getting a hold on income generation is key in a full loot MMO - so I have 2 miners and a booster, with another 5 alpha alts training up for high sec shennanigans too! One of my miners is 22m sp with a heavy pvp focus (training towards meta doctrines in use by Legacy). I am currently in Brave and have nothing but respect for the dudes there - they have shown me a lot and I have already grown a ton.
I thoroughly enjoy the chill yet alert act of mining rocks in my down time / when I cant commit to a fleet. It is important to me that I be allowed to mine when I want / need to, so the group I joined needs to support that. I do not, however, want ANYTHING to do with TiDi fights as part of my normal activities. Maybe once in a while, but that’s it. I can happily make plenty of isk to support myself through mining, and see mining only as a means to an end. Becoming a respected PVPer is my end-game goal.
I want to focus on real pvp, not mindless F1’ing, setting an anchor and jumping gates. I read about the dudes in Goryn Clade and get a lot of inspiration from them. The corp i’m looking for has the following:
- Heavy US TZ activity, like a LOT - I use zkill to check this. This should be your focus 100% and not split.
- I won’t just become another number; you need to have under 300 members in corp but more than 50 in the US TZ.
- Null space to mine in - ore, ice and moons
- Regular Small fleet (40 or less) and small gang (<10) pvp.
- You will actually engage your members 1 on 1 at some point in their time with you
- No edgelords, no elitists - but seriousness is welcome. I can take constructive feed back and improve
I am in my 30’s, father of 2 - but I’m consistently online between 5PM - 12am during the week, and more on the weekends (as life permits). I play most days. I am a team player and have done things like recruitment and “HR” in Albion - I can deal with different personality types well enough, and am a drama diffuser. I look for ways to help out and find a lot of satisfaction in leading/recruiting/HR type activities.
Please contact me here or in-game if you think I would be a good fit. Thank you!