New players have no reason to Sub and keep playing

OK. Ahem…

I like to fly Rifters. 1v1 me at top belt. Noob.

The guy abnove may not be new by I am I have played for about 3 months, it takes me close to 1h to fill up a venture with ore ( so much fun hurray) lately I just put ships togheder and sell them , no greate fun , the only reason I am playing the game at the moment it’s that I can not play fallout 4 as my pc it’s down , at the beginning I had fun until I had to do a lot of manual jumps and took me a hole day , and the best think I did not know where I came from , so I lost my way no Mo fights I’m between players or npc no more fun , where it’s the fun YouTube and adds say a lot of fun I don’t see anything please fell free to advice where the promised fun it’s

2 Likes

Apply to Karmafleet or Pandemic Horde. They are new player friendly corps and you will have direct access to null where all the action or the fun is.

Or you could join the faction warfare militia, they often have fleets roaming around.

There is really nothing to be afraid of or wait for. You will learn the game there as you play and have fun.

Contradiction. People can enjoy EVE with one toon, even though you can’t. Having a 2nd toon which makes life easier, doesn’t lead to the conclusion that playing with one toon can’t be fun.

New players who become very active early on, will realize that they will possibly not be able to bridge the gap during the foreseeable future. This is indeed true, but not only for them. Starting the game and immediately planning to take down Goons isn’t going to work - at least not in any conventional way. The problem of ressource proliferation is actually more a problem for older players, for people who are involved in groups or organisations and who would like things to keep interesting and challenging for all sides.

For a very new player almost everyone else feels oppressively strong and rich. When I started playing a few years ago I was happy to find a friend and mentor who would help me getting T1 Cruisers so I could join the boys in roams and shred my ship.

I see long-term carebear highsec corps as a much bigger problem for new player retention than the very high level conflicts. Another example from my experience: when I joined there where so many players with several years on the belt who told me to not go to Lowsec. Why did they do that? They tried to influence me with their fear of losing imaginary property. They probably saw their own intentions as well-meant, but I think they could really do a lot of harm to the game.

Telling people that certain areas are “dangerous” is one thing. Telling them to avoid going there is bad advise. Some current players for some reason seem to think that getting richer and richer has any real meaning. Hint: it only has for high level conflicts, which new players rarely come into contact with during their first year.

This game can be a load of fun if you only come across a handful of cool dudes, join them in lowsec roams, lose your T1 ships and get some frags. Run some sites, earn that 20 Mil and go out for fights again. The mentality of maxing out profit even if there is no obvious need for most players to be in-game rich, is the actual problem.

OP, you’ve fallen for that exact same trap.

For new players who want to join the high level conflicts: yeah, for this case it is true. But can we really recommend anyone to join these at this point? Are they really fun? Is all the grinding of weird mechanics really worth it? I think it is not. Fighting a few T1 Cruisers in a few T1 Cruisers is still amongst the greatest fun you can have.

If this really happens, it is just helping the new player. Mining is one of the worse ways to make ISK as a new player and it is also extremely boring (unless you get ganked). So yeah, everyone who gets new players away from mining is doing them a favor.

Settling in Null is just one of many ways to play the game. Just because a large amount of small gardeners go out to Null, grind their asses off, have their littles armies to slap each other around, it does not mean it is the only way to play the game. Many older players don’t like it, they live in NPC Null, Lowsec or Wormholes, even stage out of Highsec. If your vision for new players is to make them rat in Supers, you are just giving very bad advise.

I agree with this, but I think those opportunities should not encourage grinding like in Null or becoming a bitterbear in Highsec, but make new players use their brains and give them ways to grow abilities, income and such in smarter ways.

You want to see 55k+ grinders online or actual cool content?

4 Likes

That depends.
It won’t happen if the 10 years of more than 10 years are not done in a way to have the advantage (both skill and equipment value) properly.
A new players with a large coalition can have more, especially with the new systems, than before.

It would and should , however, be fair.
I get this all the time for 6 years in game and longer in real life.
I am actively pursuing them for work and business as competitors and battles are fought over this.

Nothing is fair.

Except me, when I am doubling ISK. :sunglasses:

This is such a dick thing to say.

No. Go away.

1 Like

Thats exactly what we used to have, back then you just copied and pasted the kills directly in text from the mails you got, we had killboard slong before the API existed and would continue to have them long after it would be removed, you would need to remove the entire killmail system and even then people would still just find a way to track kills, so you’re barking up the wrong tree

1 Like

I was there… and died trying to save the titan in my carrier :(…

We all had a good laugh though. The Titan deserved to die the way he was fitted and we killed 40 ish dreads in return. GF!

PS: We were not hotdropping things in Amamake at that time, the system was our holiday home we went to when nothing in 0.0 was going on at that time and were just camping there with the big ships :).

1 Like

Considering the success rate of most of CCP’s business decisions, I wouldn’t put any stock in the people responsible for any of them.

3 Likes

I know about this video since that famous FanFest. Even tried to watch it thronoughly. But i prefer reading text and not listening to some semi-humor presentations for drunken fans.
Would like to read about their research in text. Pretty sure it exist (if not then it can not be real research can it?).

i started in 0.0 on day 3. been there since 06/06/06.

OP sounds like a millennial asking for reparations or some way to catch up to the baby boomers that have ■■■■ tons of money in the bank already. And safe spaces. Don’t forget the safe spaces…

New player here who now is duel boxing two characters at the same time. I started right before the grand prix event started and ran the grand prix on three different characters the first few days of the event and sold almost everything. I made like 8 billion ISK or more. Not even sure I made so much. All I did was hit the jump button. It was a huge boost to get my character started and to start a second character. I guess I don’t really even have a main just two characters I am duel boxing. I dumped all of my money into plex and into skill injectors. I am broke now but I have a subscription for two characters and a good head start on skills. Training combat skills on this one and mining / industry on the other. Although my industry expedition has been less than fruitful. I made some slight…miscalculations to blueprint materials supply and decryptors…but lesson learned. I think I can break even. A good industry lesson for new players is the market is hard to break into. They say you don’t PvP unless you undock, but the market is a brutal master, and industry is a ruthless mistress. But it is amazing to learn.

This game is deep, especially for a new player. I have never seen crafting like this in a game before. From mining the ore, to refining into minerals, planetary manufacturing (Which I have not even began to experiment with), logistics, trade hubs, hijackers, blueprints are amazing, the level of detail from increasing material efficiency, to time, blueprints to refine the planetary materials, and then blueprints to craft that stuff into more stuff, mining gas, ice, chance to succeed for invention. It is very complex, in-depth, and 100% player controlled!

No game does this.
None.

I really like the skill injectors. An opportunity to work hard, and to devote resources to learn skills to better your character.

A massive server with tens of thousands of players all in the same server. Huge freighters delivering goods all over the star map. Battles happening everywhere, trade deals, scams, alliances rising and falling. What other game allows scamming? What other game comes close to this?

Nothing. And no one trying to come close.

Coming from World of Warcraft this is a huge culture shock, but something I cannot stop playing.

New players, this game will give you back as much as you put into it. There doesn’t appear to be any welfare loot. Everything is earned one way or another. On the bloody battlefield of the vacuum of space, or in the arena of the markets, or the street fights of local chat.

Give this game a chance if you want something adult, incredibly challenging, exciting, with opportunity whichever direction you go. Someone posted this image in rookie chat, and It shows all of EvE onlines choices and opportunities to enjoy content.

eve-career-chart

10 Likes

That reminds me of a similar date where at 6am they sent a army up a beach to invade Europe without air support.

Nowadays they would call that suspicious but history calls it “bravery”.

LOLS

So you will be gone from the forums in 25 days? :rofl:

LOL, is your name takes from these?

:ok_hand:

Then revert it back to when it was a cold dark interesting universe full of danger. That’s what got it to 55k, and no amount of watering it down to protect the weak minded will get it back there.

2 Likes

A huge factor of that 55k+ number was botting and using ISBoxer to run a ton of clients at once, as evidenced by a large drop in PCU once better policies against both of those were put in place. Do you want them back?

1 Like