New Ship Models

As long as it stays assymetrical.
It looks fine as is but I want every ship to be revamped and the ones that haven’t already been adequately fixed need it.

Also @louhodo that 400hours figure thing would mean they could do 52 ships a year and be done already. It’s hypothetical I know but theyre currently spending months on 1 ship and it doesn’t even end up looking any different in the case of the vexor or rupture.

1 Like

A little, minuscule bump on one side, or little antenna will do the trick then.

1 Like

Nah the wing with the engine.
They ruined the exequror by making it symmetrical.
If they wanna do that they should go fix the thorax or osprey.
Imicus isn’t a bad example of assymetricality. Gallente are supposed to be more abstract and organic looking. Nature isn’t always symmetrical.
If anything gallente has gotten too normalized by CCP.

1 Like

Its very good example of assymetricality. But that doesnt change the fact its ugly as duck. :smirk:

3 Likes

Must be personal. The atron and incursus are much uglier to me and I know the incursus has been spruced up. Keres, navitas and Imicus are the best gal frigates. Tristan is middle of the road.

Stuff like the spacepenis thorax, coercer …pod thing hanging off the side and osprey are objectively ugly.
I think one of the best assymetrical examples is the uh. T1 vargur, can’t remember actual name. But it’s very subtly assymetrical on the front that don’t really notice until you actually look closely. I hate minmatar ships on prinicple except that one caused it’s so well done.

Hurricane isn’t assymetrical but it’s the worst looking min ship otherwise. It’s literally just a star destroyer painted brown. Theyre indistinguishable otherwise. Imicus by comparison is downright adorable.

1 Like

The thorax is ssssseeeexxxxyyyyyyy. It looks like it’s here to roundhouse kick a shin or 3, or as Liam Neeson dose a karate chop to throats.

The liked the old vexor. I wouldn’t have minded it if they added the animated parts on the old body. It’s too uniform:frowning:

1 Like

The Rupture is a fair bit different. The old Rupture looked like a brick with antennas. It was a very uninspired design.

The new Rupture looks more like a ship.

1 Like

I made this in two days, but its nothing like a game ready ship, only blocky concept in Blender and then some painting over the render. Doesnt have a lot of details actually. CCP makes spaceship that are a lot more detailed and they make a lot of iterations to the models, and also they have to do precise texturing and moving parts physics. Some rigging into the game for turrets, some testing.

3 Likes

FYI there’s already been a new Osprey concept posted by CCP that’s currently in the works. Looks pretty nice IMO :smiley_cat:

1 Like

@Nana_Skalski isn’t actually that far off from that art that was shown with the new tayra and vexor.

1 Like

I beg your pardon but the Prophecy is an eagle and it absolutely shows.

Of all the ships in EVE, the Amarr ships are the most refined and coherent. Most of the bigger ships follow the bird-beak-like shape and smaller ships are pincers all over the place. I agree, however, that the Harbinger is a horrible looking ship. It virtually identifies as an attack helicopter … without the rotor.

2 Likes

So it’s a disembodied eagle head with mandibles?

I’ve always looked at it as supposed to represent the whole bird: beak, head, body and wings, and that it did that poorly since the body is too fat for the tiny wings.

That being said, the picture you linked does make it look pretty good. I’d say it has more to do with the artist’s blending skills than any inherent value of the ship design though.

2 Likes

Full body can work for some ships but certainly not for all. The Apoc or Abaddon with this design scheme would be a total departure from their current sleek and bulky (respectively) design and overall ships would look more like the Vagabond. It may look cool but I am not sure whether I like such a ship design unification.

Different kinds of heads, beaks, on the other hand, offer more variety for ship shapes.

1 Like

My face when people try to defend the fat turkey.

YLU46TI

1 Like

It looks like a shrunk romulan Warbird with to many gold on it…
Arbitrator is just beautiful. Too bad, the highpowerslots are a mess…

Please submit a CV to CCP.

They already have that basic “tail high, head low” attitude in the Caracal. I propose they do something with the Osprey’s wings to make them look more like the namesake bird’s. Also possibly a short neck and downward “beak”.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.