New ship module idea. Ship magnet

Have you ever warped in to a place where you kill rats in combat, and when you warp in the rats are like 20 or maybe even 40km away! Yah the boring approaching!. When with the ship magnet you do not have to move! The ship manet will force the rats to come closer to you! Also, quickly! They should come in different sizes, civilian, small, medium, large, and lastly but not least extra large.

No need for ship magnet, just make tractor beams apply to ships. Your problem is now solved.

inb4 botter paradise of ship magnet smartbomb doctrines :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I was thinking bumpMagnetTM

1 Like

I am +1 on this for the giggles! :rofl:

OMG!!

1 Like

Wrong forum section. Better post it in Ideas & Features discussion.

For PvE does one just have to wait for the NPCs to come closer. I don’t see it as necessary to accelerate this in any way, because it only leads to an artificial increase in the ISK/hour rate and consequently pumps more ISKs into the game, leading to only more inflation and causing you to go in circles financially.

For PvP does one only need to talk smack in local and disclose one’s position. Fyling a mining or industrial ship carelessly also has got a magnetic effect to it and requires no special modules.

This is something I was thinking about, we should be able to activate out tractors and they should haul it in just like an MTU.

@Dimitri_Morvaine

you know there is a Mobile Traktor unit in EVE?
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mobile_structures

hope this helps

JuuR

Umm, did you even read the OP? :thinking: Unless you suggest the MTU can tractor NPCs as well not just their wrecks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I to prefer not to worry about mechanics and make the already bland pve worse

Magnet module that attracts or repulses, would break kiting and brawling, respectively.

OP - It’s called a MJD. yw

Expanded Tractor Beam I: pull ships your direction.

Pull speed could be affected by ship mass, with a reduced effect on larger ships. In fact, if your ship mass is lower than their ship mass, you would pull yourself faster towards them than they are pulled towards you!

I see you forgot to mention moon-sized tractor beams. Why not pull good moons to your own system? :thinking:

@Uriel_the_Flame
ups … thanks for info i really missed he wants to traktor the ships not the wrecks

i am sorry … my fault

JuuR

No problem, honest mistake, no ill intent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The boring approaching vs. the excitement of not moving? Huh?

1 Like

A push/pull magnet/tractor module would defunct bumping.

Theres some sense to this. Damage from close range is a bit too low relative to long range. The boon of closing distance isn’t as great as it should be imo.

Wouldn’t the module be an aggressive act compared to bumping? I was thinking it would be a new gate camp favorite!

One little step towards letting entire fleets (but the anchor) AFK. Yay!