New Stargate Connections

To see what we will fight for/against.

I don’t think anyone would care much if they added another Amarr <> Caldari route. Same for a Minmatar <> Caldari addition.

The problem with the gates they’re planning to add is that they’re literally getting added in order to ruin the unique ecosystems of the areas being connected to empire space. We already have contiguous empire space with high-sec islands, and we have NPC null-sec regions directly linked to empire space. There’s no need to take the only two unique areas that aren’t like that, and turn them into more of the same.

There’s also Venal, I guess. But if they connect Stain directly to empire, guess what’s next on the chopping block.

1 Like

I will freely admit I haven’t looked at the details of these new gates. And I agree that changing some of the uniqueness of areas is a bad idea just for the sake of doing it.

I loved occasionally making the trek to solitude. It felt “special” I also made good money JF hauling stuff in and out of that area.

1 Like

Having the outgoing stargate to jump to another system is fine. The thing that breaks immersion is that all ships, regardless of their size, all land within 15km of the outgoing stargate in the other system. I think after jumping, all ships should land in random spots within the system.

Could make it even more immersive, gravity from the sun / star could have an effect on ships jumping into the system, something like pull large ships more towards the center of the system while small ships land further out away from the sun. Or vice-versa…

3 Likes

This is sovnull bots and donuts defending them but with less steps.

Also I guess Kenninck to Solitude is fine (if only to bypass null areas with the incoming nerfs to nullifiers) but landing it in Eggheron feels like ruining a nice pocket.

They need at least 4 more gates to Solitude.

Solitude. I wish, I could go there and check it out but since I can no longer log on, I stopped paying.
Anyhow, that sound like a recipe for disaster.

why cant you log in? thats crazy!

I look forward to the launch of your own space mmo /s

No. You should be out doing something more constructive.

There was a launcher update that broke the launcher. And since Linux users are third class citizens and mac os runs on magic and not the same underlying software (oh, wait…), I spoke the language of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe CCP understands $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and doesn’t need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

1 Like

pretty sure they actively hunt and block linux users at this point.

The Caldari gate has apparently been moved to the Hykkota system instead of Isutaka, and the Minmatar gate has been moved to Irgrus. I don’t think the Caldari one really makes a difference, but the new Minmatar one is actually really nice since it offers easier access to a part of Metropolis that’s been otherwise really annoying to get to before. Also, it doesn’t shorten the Silk Road route either.

Still though, CCP, you should totally move the gate on the Solitude side to Straloin, so people can oppose it with more than just catas

No strikethroughs on this forum, haha, right. What I meant was, uh, because there’s no lowsec-lowsec gate connection so far!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to inner high-sec connections directly to deep 0.0 space.

Haha, just kidding!

At the rate CCP is implementing pro-doughnut changes for their null-sec farmer constituents, we’re instead probably going to see automated sentry guns on gates that they can program to fire on neutrals. Would go hand-in-hand with the cloaking nerf.

1 Like

@Destiny_Corrupted it’s funny how in the Solitude thread I was going to bring up the example of ‘what if they undid Niarja with a new gate one system over which replicated it’s function.’

I should have. Who would have thought they’d do something so like it?

Also, it’s super cute to watch you argue both sides of this argument in different threads once you perceive the winds of change to blow against you. How unironically indignant.

1 Like

To be fair Solitude should be direct connected to Jita and Dodixie as an alternative trade route. And to ensure all the botters and single players in solitude can experience real eve content.

Which one? It’s getting hard to keep track.

You flipped in this thread, so all the proceeding ones where it came up?

Well let’s be fair. If CCP are allocating resources based on the market share of desktop OS’s they aren’t really off the mark.