New Starship Classes & More

Added gate protection… why? Why not just make a Pve only server? Not a bad idea until you got to that part.

If the isk rewards were replaced with physical loot or something like interbus credits, then maybe i’d agree with you.

Otherwise you’d just tank the economy by flooding it with isk generated by the players who need the isk the least. Unique items only dropped by those npcs would allow people farming them to still charge a premium, but wouldn’t directly affect the economy by creating a ridiculous isk faucet.

For those npc capitals, why don’t they drop REAL capital-type faction modules instead of the blueprint itself.

1 Like

How about we just start with Tech II Capitals and see how that goes for a few years?

Do we really need more power creep?

It would be one thing if T2 was actually specialization, like the intended design philosophy stated 10 years ago, but far to many times, t2 just means: more combat power.

1 Like

You are saying that to me in a thread where the OP suggested three new classes of ships LARGER than Titan!?!

No, I’m not a fan of power creep either, but a tech 2 carrier would be more preferable to a SUPER Titan or a “Worldship”.

The OP suggested those as npcs.

Edit: Perhaps I misunderstood the intent, but that’s what I took away from it. I certainly don’t support larger player ships than Titans. CCP mentioned years ago (I think it might have been torfi) that letting titans get out of control was one of EVE’s biggest design flops.

Top row if his very nice looking icons is labeled “player”.
That is why I assumed they would be in the economy. If they are intended to be just rats, then I don’t think it matters much, aside from the lore.

I should preface this to mean ships that fill a direct combat role. Big ships that fill some sort of utility role, I’m indifferent on.

The bounties matter., but you’re right in that they wouldn’t impact game balance.

1 Like

SAFTEY. Already has that covered. All you need is 30 mil isk to purchase GateProtection ™.

Or, for 50 mil isk, you can purchase GateProtection +, ™ which gives you all the benefits of the standard GateProtection ™ plan plus more!

It’s a real deal.

Why bother with the hassle of gankers lurking in the shadows to jump your transport/freighter when you can simply purchase a protection plan that protects you from them!

Also, since this thread is about raising the capital cap, lets not forget about freighters.

EvE needs 2 more tiers of freighters.

The Super Freighter, with added cargo capacity, and the…

Mega Colossal Freighter, which has even more cargo capacity! And it can transform into a small citadel space station where the pilot can sell their space junk. Like massive mobile depots, but usable by other pilots and doesn’t require those pesky core things.

And if they are shot at (in small citadel space station mode) , they go into a reinforced mode which makes them invulnerable for 48 hours. All the pilot has to do is pack up their crap (by simply clicking a button) going back into super mega freighter mode, move 10 meters, redeploy, and badda-boom, all the health is restored.

Also, they should be able to fold space, and jump to any system, anywhere, with no penalty or cost to do so.

1 Like

great idea

1 Like

Actually, having a ship class that could connect to the market and offer / buy sell orders would be kind of a cool idea. Would make war staging more interesting. khajiit has wares if you have coin.

1 Like

You have no idea how pleased I am that you noticed my not so subtle reference and verbalized it!

1 Like

I have created a doomsday suitable for the World Ship.

This doomsday creates a massive shockwave that wipes out titans, capitals, and sub-caps instantly within a 500km radius. Those that however survive and tank the doomsday will be completely neutralized and ECM-ed leaving ships dead in space. Any ship in range will have their entire capacitor drained into the world ship as well. But, those that survive may still have a chance to take it down if they are injected with capacitor boosters. Once it is fired, the World Ship will be immobile for 5 minutes and cannot tether or dock anywhere for 10 minutes.

OOHHHH. Pokemon!!

Mr+Haney

1 Like

New Suggestion:
T2 Oracle (aka. Heavy Assault Battlecruiser)
Any name suggestions would be great.

So I’ve mentioned this in some other threads, but a t2 dread that could only target off grid ships that were target painted, could actually fulfill this suggestion. That would also prevent it from being overpowered as well, since the artillery would do less damage than a t1 dread that’s on grid.

Before going too far, let’s just stick with the T2 capitals first, that’s the only T2 type ship that’s missing!