New "UI-Only" toggle option now on Singularity

Will hictor, dictor, or deployable bubbles be shown or is it only brackets and overview?

Ok, now that I’ve gotten a look at it, and the settings, a couple of thoughts:

First, @CCP_Darwin, thank you. Seriously. This is potentially a very great thing. A few years ago, I developed horrible cataracts in both eyes1 (complications of another condition), and I basically had to shift everything over to night mode and use my PC in the dark to get anything done, so my pupils could dilate enough to get light in around the cataracts.

Flying in Caldari space, especially, was absolute hell. Everything was too bright. The ‘white’ of the nebula left me completely blinded in 80% of the directions I could turn the camera. If this option had existed then, I would have been playing in this mode the entire time. The tactical overlay still functions, brackets are still visible… it’s basically wire-frame high-contrast EVE, and it would’ve made anchoring the logistics wing in massive fights in clean and clear—literally something a blind man could do without trouble, even in Caldari space.

So, really, major QoL improvement for people with that kind of issue. Kudos. Massive kudos.

Second thought, though: Can we get the ‘Ship exterior view is disabled.’ notification in the upper left, or at least an icon to minimize that, along with the icons to minimize system info, trig invasion status, autopilot, etc?

But seriously, this is good stuff.

Deployable and launched bubbles can already be made visible in the overview and brackets, but I get what you’re saying about seeing the impacted area. That could get really tricky, and potentially very cluttering, very quickly. Maybe a way to show ‘active warp disruption fields’ by changing the background color to a reddish tint?

1. Got surgery to replace both lenses eventually, but waiting for that to happen was hell.

4 Likes

It’s possible these could be represented in tactical view in the future, but in the meantime, simply toggling on 3D graphics to see the bubbles will likely be your best bet.

4 Likes

CCP, need create unload 3d models feature (for drop cpu and gpu usage)
Just tested, but gpu and cpu usage not drop (only fps grow)
Also need create simple view like this:

7 Likes

Try setting your Interval to Interval One. Otherwise, Eve will crank out all the frames it can, to the limit of your CPU and GPU.

4 Likes

This is magnificent. Please take it even further. Full dwarf-fort/1984 Elite modo.

<3

1 Like

I love this mode! It does make it very hard to tell how far you actually are from a citadel though - if you warp to a Keepstar at 0 and turn on tactical overlay, it appears as though you are 150km from it because of the size of the model. Could citadels get some kind of sphere to indicate their actual size, even in this view?

4 Likes

If this isnt locked to near max or max tidi you may as well just have the option called “botting mode”

With this mode how many gilas (slash ishtars slash rattlesnakes) can I run on a typical AWS server now?

Does this mean you guys will be adding brackets for all asteroids in space? With the 3-D rendering disabled you don’t actually have an asteroid bracket to click on in space.

Create simple (psudo 3d) view like this:

1 Like

Have you turned on your tactical overlay?

create grid like tactical overlay for feel space

1 Like

Needing to be able to render that grid 3-dimensionally as you rotate the camera would probably kill a lot of the benefit from doing this in the first place. The tactical overlay’s pretty big, it should do for most situations.

1 Like

Ooof Just jumped through a wormhole with this enabled. Disabling and re-enabling didnt fix it. Adjusting graphics settings did though.

2 Likes

O.O 

The lines for displaying on plane offset displays, but no actual brackets for the asteroid themselves. They only appear when selected via overview. Its always been like this, and I hope this prompts them to display the brackets at all times.

Without tactical overlay

BTW I love this feature. I’m one of those players that plays completely zoomed out and most of my screen has windows open. Ill probably play EVE like this from now on unless I absolutely need to see something graphically, like turret mount points.

HD concept

4 Likes