New user thoughts

I feel like i am probably wasting my time responding, but what the heck.

What do you need T2 cruisers for? What are you trying to accomplish? I believe I can fly and sfford to lose any cruiser in the game. I fly T1 more than any of them. The same is true with frigates. When you start moving up in tier the ships become, not necessarily better or generally powerful, but more focused.

I am actually at a complete loss as to what job you would need a T2 ship for. Certainly not PvP or missions. So heres some quick advice:

Pick ONE race and stick with that for a while. Learn that race’s small weapon systems until you can use the T2 variants. Train the weapon support skills to level 4. Train your race’s main tank type (shield or armor) until you can use T2 tank, and the support skills to 4. Now work on the rest, fitting skills to 4 or 5, navigation, rigs, targetting, and so on.

Other than the small weapon skill, every other skill mentioned applies broadly across an entire swath of ships, from all races. Once you have them you have them. Your turret tracking skill works with every turret ship in the game. And in truth, you can get by with level 4 in most of them for literally years – and by “get by” I mean that there isn’t any difference. Get them to 4 and move on.

Finally, Eve is a team game. Join a corp, join an alliance, make friends, ask questions. ASK QUESTIONS. Even questions you think are probably stupid.

Anyway, good luck and dont give up.

4 Likes

maybe he needs ishtar as that is what afk ratters and bots in null uses these days

2 Likes

You need to use credit card. This game is milking machine.

my daughter looooooves sailor moon
i will send her this :smiley:

i gave her this uber cute doll some time ago :heart:

3 Likes

Ha. For me this was a sooner-or-later kind of thing. It’s a video game. Meaning it’s function is limited and there’s a balance between progress, time and cost.

What you experience now with cruisers you’ll experience again and again going up ship sizes, and it becomes worse with each. That’s how the diminishing returns in this game work.

I recognize the waiting for skills relevant to other activities to reach acceptable levels for actual usage. The beginning was fun because it was novel, but ultimately a bit boring in terms of gameplay. If I had not found a group of people to chat and play with, I probably wouldn’t have gotten past my first 6 months.

Now all these people have quit I play perhaps 2 months a year until my PLEX runs out. Even when I’m skilled up for PVP / PVE as well as trading and mining and exploring and and and… most of it becomes boring through repetition as any game does. It’s not a matter of “if” but a matter of “when” you will get bored with a video game. Any video game.