New Wardec mechanics - can't wait!

So you agree that it CAN be done and then disagree with the fact that it can be done in two posts. Good job agreeing and disagreeing at the same time.

It doesn’t limit your ability to PVP. It puts a condition that isn’t ISK on you declaring war. We can argue specifics about it all we want. Deploying the object flags ALL PERSONS in the CORP or ALLIANCE as war targets with a 24 hour startup so we don’t change the beginning of war. It also flags you as war targets for them. Similar to how you currently can apply a timer to a character right now this will exist for a week. Defender will be knowing there is a target out there for them to locate but not told where. Intel from this object appears to the people interacting with the object in corp about your targets.

Now you drop corp you aren’t protected from the war. You’re still tracked for a minimum of a week. You are still free to blow up for a minimum of a week. This mechanic already exists in the game due to the fact that we HAVE timers. People jump into the corp? They pick up the timer. Leave? They can’t join until the attacker ends the war.

Object gets destroyed? No more intel for the attacker. Lack of ability to deploy a redundant unit or a replacement before the timer ends results in the end of the war due to lack of war declaration object. That’s the attackers choice to deploy more or let it end. They do this by action rather than by just saying “But we have more money.” This puts risk for declaring war into the game.

Pick a fight with someone who’s got an intel device AND they’re too strong for you to fight back because they will use their PVP ability suppress you? That’s always been a thing that could happen. It has happened in null sec on a most spectacular level where side A attacked and side B defended with a glorious thing they abused in their favor that exists in game mechanics. TIDI. It will continue to happen even if we don’t change anything. Status quo for the sake of status quo is not an attempt to improve war or give anyone a reason to fight.

So lets give those people declaring war a cost that isn’t just flat isk. A risk that object might be found and destroyed. A benefit for that object (watchlist) and a reason to keep that object by making the cost of that unit first a purchase from Concord (or a reseller on open markets because everybody’s free to make a buck by being availble) and then only fueling it up. Your cost for the war is now lower. You gain a benefit. You take a risk to keep that war going. Defenders need to take a risk to disable your intel or just thru superior force of arms beat the hell out of your entire chain of everything to make you surrender. Because war isn’t “you can’t shoot me, i’m waving a white flag over my head while I aim this rocket launcher at your tank” and never should have been that way for Eve.

2 Likes