Newb starting Missions and requiring help!

Not that I’m suggesting that you buy one now, but don’t write it off too quickly.

The thing about the Gnosis is that is does almost everything well, but doesn’t do anything great. That’s not a bad thing though-because is gives you a lot of flexibility.

In addition to being easy to skill into, it can be a great way to experiment with different fighting strategies and weapons systems with a fairly forgiving ship. I’ve used them as a platform to test different things out on and that’s cool to have.

But the other great thing about it is you can do more than combat. It makes a decent scanning and exploration ship. With the right fitting, it makes a surprisingly good hauler for loot and market items. Again, there are others that can do these things better, but the Gnosis is one of the most flexible ships in the game and can fill a lot of different roles until you get the ISK and skills to get specific ships to do each of those things.

1 Like

+1

and it is superfast in warp

1 Like

Add some inertial stabs, and yeah- it can be really handy for moving stuff around in something relatively fast and tanky. Here’s a fun “take the gankers down with me” fit that I’ve used for hauling in the past:

[Gnosis, Mover]

Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

2.84 s align, 3.8 AU warp, 1.8k m3 cargo, and 67k EHP. Are there better options? Sure. But handy for those high-risk runs until you can skill into a BR or something similar.

1 Like

At the risk of honouring @Billy_Sanchezo’s preferences for Caldari ships:
If you want to try a Moa and have access to medium Hybrids and light drones for close in defence, then go for it. Remember: when/if you upgrade to a Ferox you can fit most of it by stripping parts the Moa. The only things you can’t remove are the Rigs. You can even sell off the Moa when you’ve finished with it.

2 Likes

I could run level III’s in an algos, so I’d expect a caldari cruiser to manage them

You can run 'em in a Dragoon. It’s prettier.

Provided the character has high support skills and the player himself knows what he’s doing and why, sure. A veteran player who is bored and looking for a small challenge can run Lvl IIIs in a smaller ship, probably blinged to the teeth, but a beginning player should perhaps stick to something safer until he’s ready to risk it with a lesser (or more expensive) ship on ordinary missions.

Personally I know I can run most IIIs in a cruiser, but some few things like the Angel Extravaganza bonus room requires a bit more than I can manage without picking up a BC. A few of the easy ones, yes, those I could do in a destroyer if I didn’t mind them taking longer.

2 Likes

I did this when I was new and running missions, but yes, it certainly takes longer. I’m sure a vexor or equivalent could easily cope though. I don’t comment on level IV’s though as I only ever ran one to see how they were.

I think I ran a few missions with a VNI. Little challenging as far as L3. I mostly ran L3 with a drake and ran fleet on 4 with drakes until we got trained in ravens.

I just remebered I did run many level IVs after my first week in game, but in an incursus as wingman to a corpie in a sniper dominix. I culled frigates, warping in and out as required, then worked on cruisers and BS which simply couldn’t hit me. I found that way more fun than the single level IV I tried solo.

1 Like

Hey, an idea came to my mind while I was checking some ships on EVE Uni.

Since Battlecruiser would help me out getting me started in L3s, the Ferox would be my best bet if I want to stay with railguns, but wouldn’t the Naga be a good ship for that too ?

So, it’s a medium hull able to use large hybrid weapons and have a mediocre tank for its size, so my rail fit would help it greatly. Also, the role bonus will help me even more as fitting the guns will be less problematic, the -95% to PG and -50% to CPU will help a character like me get everything holding on, and the cap usage is lesser too.

And apparently, the Naga is the easiest to fit for sniping. The problem might be if the mission entry is in the middle of a pack of rats, I won’t have the speed to get out even with a MWD, and I don’t think there’s a module to magically thrust forward a Battlecruiser at higher speed than a MDW.

What do you think about that please ?

medium jump drive is your friend on a BC

1 Like

What ? I thought jump drives were only present on capital ships, and because they were directly built in the hull of the ship we couldn’t see it or use it like a module :confused:

Look up mjd, throws your ship 100 km in the direction you are facing.

1 Like

Microjump drive. Is what he meant presumably.

Oh check your evemail jf you haven’t already billy

Alright, thanks.

So, I’m trying to build a fit for the Naga. Since large railguns will have trouble tracking frigates or destroyers, I think that using the 425mm might be too much. Is the 350mm a variable alternative ? And how is the dual 250mm please ?

There is a compare tool in the neocom, you can use that to compare diff modules.

A bc should have a drone bay too, use those against frigates or destroyers that get in close.

1 Like

Ah wait, scrap the idea. I can’t use Micro Jump Drives as a filthy Alpha clone ^^

1 Like

Mwd should work