[news] Republic Fleet Requests CONCORD Help in Search for Missing Ship in Molden Heath

Hm. That… is an extremely unlikely confluence of circumstances. A wormhole just happens to show up linking the systems where the Sanmatar and the Empress are? I’ve seen incredible coincidences with wormholes before… like a Thera hole just happening to open into 2O9G-D not ten minutes before Darkness’ first Keepstar finished anchoring, as if the universe wanted to make sure the PL pilots living in Thera could help out if needed… but this? This is a whole extra level of ‘astronomically low odds’.

Something… is up.

4 Likes

Quite.

1 Like

Do you guys know just how many K to K wormholes open every single day? There’s so fuckin’ many of them around that they resemble an ever-shifting network of super highways across New Eden. They’re everywhere and damn near reliable in terms of usefulness. It just “happens” to show up linking those two systems? Yeah, that’s not ‘astronomically low odds’ at all.

Of course, when those two are involved you never know what might be going on, but those two having either WH generating tech, or access to someone who does seems rather far fetched at the very least.

1 Like

A wormhole showing up linking those particular system? Not terribly unlikely. A wormhole showing up linking those particular systems while the Empress is in a system she does not normally occupy?

Yeah. That kinda crushes the odds.

And the only one who’s said anything about either of them being behind it… is you.

1 Like

I’m sure the implication was non-existent. More importantly, the odds are exactly the same no matter who happens to be in the systems. Those wormholes open and close daily across all of New Eden and the only reason anyone even raised an eyebrow this time was that these two happened to be in those locations. There’s nothing unlikely about this.

1 Like

I’m sure anything I say will carry all sorts of implications when read by you. Frankly, it gets old. And yes, the odds of 1 thing happening remain exactly the same. The odds of 2 things happening in conjunction, in a certain order, are not the same as the odds of the second thing happening.

2 Likes

Well, there was a wormhole in a system I was in today. There were someone on the other side.

… should we stop the presses?

1 Like

You can if you’d like. I’ve long since learned the futility of trying to offer you suggestions on what to do.

1 Like

I once had wormhole from Amarr space directly nearly to Jita, just when I needed it. Not without a reason I keep a lucky furrier’s foot on board of my ship.

2 Likes

Anything found ?
Simple curiosity from me but is the colonel Kasiha Valkanir related to Nefantar tribe chief Eleca Valkanir ?

Well, she’s Ammatar, so they’re likely members/descended from members of the same Clan, but how tenuous that connection is, you probably have to ask them.

1 Like

She’s Sebiestor, so probably not related.

1 Like

sounds like a gank trap lol

“Colonel Valkanir is a career officer with the DED but the Scope’s sources note that she served for many years with the marine corps of the Ammatar Fleet, taking part in the notorious Vindication Wars between the Mandate and Minmatar Republic.”

She may have some Sebiestor ancestry, but she’s Ammatar.

3 Likes

Or she’s just Sebiestor. There are plenty of ethnic Sebiestor that live in the Mandate. Ammatar is a nationality, it’s not just ethnic Nefantar.

2 Likes

Ammatar specifically refers to Nefantar loyal to their Amarrian masters. Ammatar Mandate is a nation, a nationality if you want to call it that, that does have slaves of various ethnicities living inside it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not every Nefantar loyal to Amarr is called Ammatar, only those that are part of the Mandate. And there are plenty of free people of non-ethnic-Nefantar origin living in the Mandate, not just slaves. My parents are free ethnic Sebiestor and they live in the Mandate. Yes, while the term originally arose referring to ethnic Nefantar (or ethnic Ammatar if you prefer) who were of the group that became the Mandate, it can today be used to refer to any citizen of the Mandate. Just like Amarr doesn’t just mean True Amarr and Khanid doesn’t just mean ethnic Khanid (when referring to residents of the Kingdom).

On topic, it’s a shame the ship wasn’t able to be found.

1 Like

Current running theory is that the ship may have either been transported elsewhere, or that the last reported location wasn’t its final location when whatever incident occurred. Very simply, we have very little information at present.

Signal Cartel’s net has been expanded, and its SAR group is still on it, though I’m unsure of how coordinated or broad their net is.

We’re actively seeking more information via various channels.

1 Like

Yet. By CONCORD’s efforts. It’s been 4 days. I’ve spent longer sitting someplace cloaked.

Or it is literally hanging out 200km off its last reported location with a cloak engaged, while the crew doesn’t want to go home for some idiotic reason, watching the searchers come and go. Likely? Not terribly. Possible? Yes.

1 Like