[news] Republic Fleet Requests CONCORD Help in Search for Missing Ship in Molden Heath

Pardon my Achuran but nani the ■■■■ are you talking about. Any Nefantar loyal to Amarr are Ammatar, whether they live in the Empire or State. There are no outspoken Ammatar outside the Mandate in Republic’s general direction if they know whats healthy for them. Outright longing to be under Amarrian rule is not taken kindly in the Republic, just having uneasy peace and cooperation is a tall order for many.
Many have not forgiven or are trustful of even those Nefantar who defected during the Elder invasion.

There are free people of many Minmatar and other ethnicities in the Mandate, obviously not all are slaves, but I’d bet my fanciest dress that slaves outnumber the free of their ethnicity in several cases, Brutor for example despise the Ammatar so that even the outcasts generally wont deal with them. Depending on whom you ask, many would consider the Ammatar just barely above slaves themselves, certainly the True Amarr let them know their place.

Ammatar could refer to people permanently living in the Mandate not of Nefantar ancestry depending on context, but to me and many others I’m sure, Ammatar refers in common usage to one thing only.

As for the topic, the ship could have been recovered already but with no fanfare. Especially if it was carrying spooky cargo or tech, better to have your enemies believe it is lost forever.

Secondly, space is a big place, even with advanced sensors and warp drives. Freak accident could have displaced it by thousands of AU’s.

2 Likes

And not every single Nefantar was one of the defectors. There are hundreds of thousands of ethnic Nefantar in the Empire who never defected, and were captured and raised for generations under slavery. They were never given the Ammatar distinction because they were not part of the group that swore voluntary allegiance to Amarr.

1 Like

If they are free Ammatar, today, swear allegiance to the Empire, today, they are Ammatar. There is no distinction based around whether they became so by choice. They are lost to us forever, today.

2 Likes

Well, I can say that is not the same distinction made in the Empire.

Anyway, let’s stop derailing this thread.

1 Like

Given the specifics of the other ships incident of the last day, I searched for fitting anomalies, during the incident with the two head states, there was some similarities:

• both WH formed in the inner part of the system.
  • both WH formed around barren planets.

With that, I searched for similar situations but found nothing relevant.
Don’t know if it will help your search teams.

EDIT:: A new communication was made, stating they found nothing.

1 Like

Do you mean both ends of the single wormhole in the prior incident? I’m not seeing anything confirming the presence of a wormhole in this one, but I could be missing it as my focus is on other things right now.

1 Like

nope, on the one involving minmatar and amarr head’s.
My reasoning is that if this WH opened voluntarily (IF), then maybe those behind it have tried to open others (after all, the molden Heath region is pretty unstable, an other incident could also unbalance the region.) and if they did opened an other, maybe the missing ship is the usual scout sent.

To be honest, since we don’t have much info I tested the theory to see if a WH could be identified after those characteristics, but to no avail. To know if it’s because the two incident are unrelated, because the WH have closed, or because I didn’t find it, I can’t tell.

1 Like

Well, when did you go looking for the Molden Heath WH?

I mean, it’s currently been 4d. By the ends of the 2nd day, any wormhole would have been long gone.

1 Like

I looked the second day, a few hour after the scope news.
My hope was that an artificial WH would stay stable longer.

EDIT:: Tbh, I didn’t gave much time to look, given the small probability of the WH still up.

1 Like

I can’t think of a single reason for why physics would change for an artificially created wormhole vs a natural one…

1 Like

I don’t either.
But it all depend of the method of forming, and if it is near the tech we use for stargates, then it would depend of the energy pumped into it.

Anyway, here is not the best place to discuss the theory behind it.

1 Like

If it was artificial, why would it have a lifespan? If it’s being held open it wouldn’t act like a natural wh.

1 Like

It’s more complicated than that.
The formation could be artificial, but the holding not.

1 Like

Ahh, sorry it’s honestly not something I can claim alot of knowledge on, it just didn’t seem right to me.

1 Like

Don’t worry, your point is valid. but for what you speak of would imply more a “drifter” like WH than a natural one.

Even if the day after the announcement I did found 4 of them in the same region, I found nothing strange in them.

I’ll quickly explain the logic behind WH formations.

Gravity wells form waves in the space-time fabric. Sometimes those waves combine and form "Gravity Maelstroms (where abyssal deadspace is theorised to be) and sometime cancel themselves out to form “Gravity resonnance points” or “points of harmony”

in thoses places, the amount of energy needed to reach sub_materials levels (commonly called warp) id very low.
On those points we build our stargates and open manually controlled (and aimed !!! ) WH for a small amount of time.
But harmony points exists in less stable versions around space.
Normally those points would not change anything because there isn’t enough energy around to start a WH.
BUT!
Since the seylin incident, the amount of “background” energy have rised, hence why Wh have become more or less “common”.

Long story short, here are the various “known” methods to open a WH:

1. stargate methode: you have a stargate that aime and generate the WH.
  2. drifter method: pretty much the same but it is not fixed.
  3. sansha method: would be pretty much the same as drifter since they stole the tech from the joves.

But we could theorize how those works :

1. localise a harmony point and inject energy into it
  2. localize a harmony point and stabilize it further to lower the energy requirement below the ambiant energy
    SO…

Let’s imagine for one instant of pure tinfoil that someone want to unbalance the cluster.
One of the best ways would be to create lot of “border incident” to rise the level of warmongering.
for that, a simple way is to open WH that are bound to be explored and the kind of “incident” that happened with the 20th could quickly escalate if a less cool headed commander was on the spot.

So now, if you let me tinfoil a bit, who in the cluster could do such a thing? have studied WH for longer than any other faction still present? work with rogue drones that are a perfect tool to stress the entire cluster into a state of pseudo war? who would not suffer from a all out war because they are “such good humanitarians”?

I tell you: the Sisters of EvE !

2 Likes

I really dont like giving my input now a days, but personally my theory is that the sansha are behind this.
either that or someone is behind all of the disappearances and has major plans for something to come.

Well, that is a logical conclusion, they have been at it for a while now. Thank you for the lesson on whs, I actually did learn quite a bit.

1 Like

From the Deepest Darkness,
Lie is hiding and bringing sorrow,
From Heaven with Light,
Truth is brought to believers, enlightening happiness.

That last publication really feel like a “thanks but no thanks” one.

2 Likes

For those following along at home, here it is.

While preliminary results have been disappointing, we are widening our search in case reports of the vessel’s last location were erroneous. I offer thanks to the agencies that have come forward to offer assistance but must stress to all that this is currently a CONCORD issue.

1 Like