Nice Invasion Trailer CCP

You mean four days after release when the PvEers min/maxed it and complain again how it is all just a boring grind?

1 Like

I was trying to stay positive.

2 Likes

+100%

As a longtime PvE player I never would have thought I’d wholeheartedly agree with a statement like this.

Sansha Incursions affecting everything in system was just a slight inconvenience.

Having random roving Drifters was ok since they didn’t actually bother you unless you bothered them first.

NPC Mining Fleets whose actions are based on characters Faction standings is a nuisance for some players, luckily it was just contained to Asteroid Belts.

FoB’s coupled with their attack response Fleets following players around in systems basically interferes with players gameplay, especially those who don’t want to engage in that content.

Now it seems this NPC Invasion content will literally force all players into doing content they don’t want to do.

For a long time one of the biggest selling points of this game was that Dev’s would just add tools for content which was left up to the players to use or not. Forcing players to engage in content they don’t want is a very good way to reduce log in numbers.

Seems CCP has forgotten all about the 2011 Summer Of Rage and ‘The Door’.

What I’d like to know is just exactly when did we lose our freedom of choice?

1 Like

Shouldn’t the players have been slurring their words more…and no uncontrolled laughing?
What kind of op is this?

Yeah, I admit my last reply was off-topic and I apologize for that.

Anyway back on topic, I still like the Invasion Trailer and I still think it would make a good mini movie series for the Sy-Fy channel.

1 Like

I might just log in.

I hope you do. One thing is for certain I am going to buy a Garmur and I want it with that skin!!!

The video was very good indeed, I liked it, and watched it three times.

You replied to another player who had replied to me after I had replied to them for replying to me after I had posted saying great video and then lightly admonishing another player for being negative, with a wait and see suggestion.

I have never seen FOB rats camping the gates. However in lowsec and nullsec Sansha rats camp the gates and get a lot of kills, and this is going to be a step up on that at a guess.

I like the idea of a living breathing environment.

A number of frigate rats warping into belt and going after a new player is actually dangerous for them and new players do lose ships to the frigate belt rats. That is the precursor to this type of play IMO. So it is there right at the start in the game. I am just reminding you of that, not to be a dick of course but most older players don’t remember what it was like as a new player going into a 0.5 belt and finding three frigates on your low skilled poorly tanked ship.

2 Likes

While I fully understand that a trailer is there to grab interest, it would be better to get it somewhat close to the game instead of a completely different property. People who join the game because of trailers like this probably last in the game less time than they spent downloading it.

Eve trailers are not as bad as, say, Blizzard trailers, but they are certainly a piss poor representation of the actual game.

2 Likes

I remember when I first started playing, I engaged 2 belt rats while piloting a Rookie Corvette ship fit with 2x Civilian AC’s, a Small Shield Extender, Afterburner and Overdrive mod. I was doing figure 8 orbit around the 2 belt rats, switching my guns from one rat to the other, slowly wearing down their defenses.

An older player was watching me and when I finally destroyed the rats, he contacted me via private chat, commended me on my tactics and then gave me some tips on how to do it better / faster, mainly told me to concentrate on one rat at a time to quickly reduce incoming damage. Also gave me tips on better fitting to have more defense as well as offense. He basically set me on the right path for fitting ships to run missions.

Anyway, the main problem I have with the new content CCP has added in the past couple of years is it’s overpowered NPC’s that not only kill player ships, but also kill player pods while roaming freely in High Sec systems. And to top it all off, players are being forced to engage in that content.

2 Likes

I can understand that point of view, I did quite a lot of dual-boxing and small gang PvP in the past in Stain, and what I did was fit for these rats two AF’s and then a AF and a HAC, and it involved stripping the tackle away and then destroying their defence fleets.

I found that doing this enabled me to have more time taking out the FOB before the mining defence fleets reappeared with the Nestor and the Leshak, this took a bit of time effort and skill to pull off, because key to it was making the tackle move ahead of the main body.

I tried to get other people interested in taking these FOB’s rats on, but so many people just get upset about it and don’t bother. To me it is part of the environment that you have to tame and work to exert control to do what you want to do. To me this is Eve, and it should not just be against players. Am I explaining it right, because the FOB’s have really brought me a lot of fun content where I had to step up my game. And I am hoping that the Triglavians do the same.

2 Likes

Now if only they made the game equally as good.

As it stands their videos have no weight because the actual gameplay quality is currently poor and in need of massive re-balancing to make it fairer and able to attract more players.

It wolud be interesting to see the 1000 Triglavian Titans doing “Clockwork Operation” on Twitch TV Series.

You see this is one of my points. People are so inculcated to farming that they have reached a point where it’s all about numbers and anything that might interrupt that, they rage. I said for years it’s like these people are not even playing a game any more. Maybe these are nullsec renters who perfectly calculated the ISK per hour to make the rent, or maybe they are RMTers who perfectly calculated the ISK they need to sell to pay their real rent for their crappy apartment in Belarus or something.
Even the gankers are farmers now.

Sometimes I wonder if merely having people like this around is one of the things that turns people away from the game.

But who would have known that they would have taken NPCs this far. Someday we might not be able to tell the difference between an NPC and another player except that the NPCs at this rate are going to be more creative.

Speaking of PVe and PVP becoming more like the same:

Killing players in pods.
Roaming freely in highsec.
Players forced to engage…

Where have we seen this before? :rofl:

1 Like

Heh, you seem to have conveniently omitted “Overpowered NPC’s” from that quote. I never thought you were the type of person to do selective quoting and then post it in an attempt to demean another member of this community.

Obviously you’re referring to New Eden Citizens who attack other Citizens in High Sec space, that’s a completely different situation. Not to mention justice is quickly dispensed upon them in the form of retribution by Concord.

There is no similarity between those Capsuleers and the new NPC content being implemented by CCP. The new AI game mechanics being pushed onto Citizens in High Sec breaks game immersion based on Eve lore.

Actually I didn’t care for this trailer. Thought it was pretty cheesy compared to more recent ones. Looking forward to the new contents though

But how many of them clamor to remove Concord?

Where the hell have you been?

What lore is that? I thought nobody cared about lore any more. It got in the way of “muh ISK/stats”. We already lost that argument.

The only “lore” that broke immersion was the Caldari acting like early 20th century Germans.

I find the pirate faction and NPC corps sitting happily next to each other kinda meh like you, and I wish that CCP would not do that. Their AI should be simply if FOB in system NPC corp mining rats to not spawn, what is so difficult about that?

The NPC’s act like players, in fact the way to beat their mining defence fleet is to kite them, split their tackle away and then remove said tackle enabling you to warp in and out as your tank fails. It is high end PVE, the thing is that people can check in the Agency for FOB’s and if they are there then go next door. It is not difficult and there are quite a few people who clear them out.

I expect that the Triglavian invasion will be similar to Sansha incursions but with control on gates and stuff akin to lowsec sansha incursions and of course more AI fleets running around, I look forward to it. I know others don’t , but those players should plan to have secondary locations just in case.

1 Like

Yeah, during the S.P.A.C.E. Event I warped to a belt in a high sec system that had an active FOB and found Guristas, Sansha and Thukker Mining Fleets all sitting there next to each other happily mining. According to standings and Eve Lore, Thukker Tribe is negative to those Factions and at the very least shouldn’t have been there.

I didn’t do any aggressive actions while I was sitting there checking them out. However the Guristas Mining Fleet warped out and a Guristas Attack Fleet warped in and target locked me. I have +10 standing with Thukker Mix yet I didn’t get any backup support from them. Course I warped out since I was in a Prospect Mining Frigate.

Yeah, that whole scenario just didn’t seem right, definitely breaks immersion into the game. I didn’t do any aggressive actions so the game mechanic is definitely governed by a characters standing. So where was my logistics support from the friendly Empire NPC’s? Guess that game mechanic only becomes active if another player character initiates aggressive actions.

1 Like

+10 standings should have got you direct aid imo. And it is based on others causing the mining fleet to warp away due to bad standings.

1 Like

You’ll only get aid from the friendlies if they have a response fleet at your belt / location. So you have to pull the friendly fleet by using an alt that has bad standings to them before you warp in your main which has bad standings to the other team …

You will not get friendies warping in to help you. They have to be on grid, in DMC’s example the Thukker miners will not call in aid for him but the Guristas will call in aid to kill him.

I’m not explaining this very well … sorry.

3 Likes