Nice to see CCP keeps their promises

Yeah, still waiting on those further nerfs…soon TM, right?

We are seeing the huge annual dropoff in summer activity.
CCP will use that dropoff in activity and subsequent drop in bounties as “proof” that the nerfs were enough. And if CCP does not state that, the propaganda wing of the cartels will most certainly do it.

Then, in the fall, when activity ramps up again, there will be a new crisis that will sweep this one out the minds of people. There is always a new crisis just around the corner when it comes to Eve.

You mean like they did last month? We were Ganked

Yeah, still waiting on those further nerfs....soon TM, right?

You mean like they did last month? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521682&find=unread3

Sigh…that was the original set of nerfs, that had virtually no effect. I have been speaking about the subsequent nerfs, which we will never see.

They’ve nerfed Carriers something like three times now, and those nerfs dropped on the 13th of last month and had an immediate effect that’s clearly visible on the Monthly Economic Report: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Jun_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png

That’s a roughly .4T drop in ISK per day from bounties.

Expecting another round of nerfs before they’ve even had a chance to see the effects of these nerfs stabilize is unrealistic even for you Dinsdale.

You do highsec anomolies for a couple of hours at 2m ticks, punctuated by finding a ded 4 which probably averages 30m for 15 minutes, then you get the ded 5 escalation which takes an hour including travel and pays out 20m bounties, 42m box and on average at least 50m loot but that stuff drops mostly in lowsec (with a min payout of 60m for the hour and a max of over half a bil).

ie half the people you mistake for highsec ratters are actually empire explorers, and now you understand why they all use gilas or a stratios, and they are doing far better than they would in a mackinaw.

It’s not that the bounties are ■■■■ as much as none are available directly like NS anoms. HS anoms consist of frig and destroyers with 1 exception where cruisers can spawn. After that, you need to “spawn” your anomalies by getting missions. Those would have similar bounties to NS ratting but with more headache to get more all the time.

Not really. CCP’s stated time and time again that most of highsec, and EVE in general, is the “leveling my raven” crowd.

What people are training and what they are flying aren’t necessarily the same thing.

Also whilst i know CCP has made that statement, I don’t believe they’ve made that statement recently, nor do I believe they’ve objectively calculated the number of highsec anomoly runners vs mission runners, nor would they classify the behavior as different in a statement, ie you are reading all sorts of meanings into it that aren’t there.

I have however looked at caldari highsec anomoly running and judging by the respawn rate of the anoms vs number of systems to respawn in (visible if you stand still in a system) there were over 200 people in caldari space alone running them simaltanously when I checked, and if I remove all of the other things people are doing (like sitting in jita), it appeared that there would only also be a couple of hundred mission runners in l4s in the same space at the same time, and mission runners would all be in the space visible, where as 10-20% of the anom runners will be in lowsec finishing the escalations.

no it goes father back, I forget which alliance tournament they had a terribad commenter with a frenchy mustache that he lost a bed and had to shave off. after the alliance tourney they hired him, don’t know what he did at the office though.

CCP Soundwave? He was a (lead) game designer, responsible for plenty of Goonswarm favoritism…

Btw., my comment was pure sarcasm ;). I thought the “right?” was obvious enough. Guess not.

No.

CCP doesn’t need anything to ban anyone. There wasn’t a single point in time, around this affair, they couldn’t have banned them for a simple suspicion. You, Sir and or Madam, are ignorant of a lot of things about this.

At least some few people at CCP, at higher positions, understand how long term political shenanigans work. What you dismiss as a conspiracy theory, is actually you lacking thoughtfullness, preventing an understanding of how to deal with several bugs in a single squash.

They use the situation when it’s for their benefit and act either when that benefit ceased to exist, or when Whales (and actual players) are leaving. That’s what every political entity with power does and it’s been like this literally forever. I agree that there is no conspiracy, because that’s simply how it works. Opportunism is how you move forward with your long term goals, whatever they may be.

This is a pretty perfect example of a kookie conspiracy theory with zero supporting evidence or anything else of the sort.

Also yes, CCP does need evidence of wrongdoing to ban people, per their own internal guidelines. You can ask any current or former CSM in the last five or so years if you don’t believe me.

Oh hai @Dinsdale_Pirannha so this month’s MER is out and there’s a lovely slope on the ISK graph I wanted to draw your attention to… http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Jul_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png

Just a thought, but that doesn’t actually prove anything.
A sudden downturn a week before a war that involved hundreds of capital pilots moving the entire map? When did move ops actually start. Sure the war didn’t ‘start’ till August, but the prep leading up to the war sure will have. How much impact did it have, who knows.

1 Like

We actually do know when move-ops started, the 2nd of August when Goons announced their plans at the State of the Goonion. Also most of what the new data covers is July(edit: fixed), not August, but if you look at the mining data on the MER you can see a decent chunk of August as well, and that shows a further drop caused by the current war.

In short the impact is pretty clear, you’re blowing smoke for no reason.

Uh wtf are you going on about June for? We had the June data at the start of this thread, that’s the entire reason the thread got made is that that line in june you are talking about only dropped a little and then stabilised for an entire month.
The drop at the end of July is what I am talking about with move ops, and if you really think that the point they made it available to the general public is when they first started doing anything at all… yeah.

So no, it’s not smoke for no reason, and obviously the current war is causing a drop since half of them are busy on other accounts fighting the war. But that doesn’t mean that post war (assuming no coalition failscades) that we won’t see a spike back up to where it had stabilised before.

You are the one here attempting to point at a drop as totally to do with CCP changes and nothing to do with the war without any verification or trends to back it up.

2 Likes

Maybe you should check your facts.
I hate advancing the agenda of any goon, but this guy’s blog proves how wrong you are.

One of the key lines from this goon:
“However, while the overall amount from bounties is down, in Delve they are actually up some, topping the July number by about 400 billion ISK.”

Given the summer lull in players, that means the nerfs CCP applied were virtually meaningless, as expected.

1 Like

No surprise. The Rorqual nerfs can be easily circumvented by adding more alts. The carrier nerfs reduced ticks by only ~10%. The nerfs are a drop in the ocean.

Well, for simpler minds with simpler thoughts it might be one. that’s why you are a good citizen and voter, because you don’t need to understand any of this. :slight_smile:

Meaningless to people who can work around them through good planning and organisation. The rest of EVE seem to be bad at that.