No colored lasers for my ship

Why? Do you deny this occurs? Do you fire colored lasers or not? If you do, then the problem is my system or setup.

EDIT: Lasers shooting from my ship always look grayish-colored, no matter what ammo I’m using. I get no reds, no blues, etc. However, I can see colored lasers from enemy ships. I can see reds, blues, etc.

I can understand and solve problems better when I can see them for myself. Stop being paranoid, and provide a video or screenshot, and maybe someone will see something that you’ve missed.

8 Likes

Post a screenshot of your problem. It’s easiest to convince when people can actually see what you’re talking about. It’ll also shut up the trolls.

I don’t mind posting a screenshot, but before I go through the trouble, I’d like to see if someone is going to confirm or deny this is happening. If people say they have all kinds of colored lasers coming out of their ships (like that awesome gif above), then no need for a screenshot because the problem is my system. And if people say “no, working as intended - your lasers are supposed to be gray” then no need for a screenshot - working as intended. But if people continue to say say “we have no idea what you are talking about” then yes, I’ll have to go through the trouble of a screenshot.

Actually, the screenshot is that cool gif above. That’s what I want - colored lasers. And that’s what I DON’T have. What I get is just gray.

We already know what you want. Were asking what you see. I.e. what charge you have loaded and what color is coming out.

When i run incursions in my Nightmare, i can see the colours just fine. Are you sure its not a graphical setting you have that is set to “low” or “Disabled”?

I’ve looked at any and all graphics settings I could find. I have everything maxed-out, and a decently high-end system.

When you say you can see colors just fine, do you mean colors coming out of your ship? Or just colors in general? I can see colors in general just fine.

I have loaded any and all charges over and over again for years. All I get is a gray coming out, no matter the charge (radio, infrared, gamma, etc). Someone else told me they get the same (i.e. gray), and “working as intended - that’s just the way it is for everyone.” Since it seems strange, I’m trying to confirm, or deny this. I want to know definitively whether other people see colored lasers coming out of their ship, or not.

OP Asks for help…
Denies help when it takes 0.01% of his time to provide more info.

2 Likes

Colours coming out of my ship. I switch to ultraviolet ammo for long range, and it looks purple. I switched to another type of ammo, it looks red, i think it was radio. Then i switch back to the high DPS and it looks white/grey.

2 Likes

Fantastic info - thanks. This is what I have been after. Now I know there is an issue somewhere that affects a certain percentage of people who probably don’t even know the problem exists (including me).

Id still say its a graphical settings issue. Did you try restarting eve online after making changes to your settings?

I’ve had the problem ever since I’ve played Eve, so yes I’ve tried restarting Eve Online a million times since I’ve owned it.

For years I didn’t know I had this problem. I didn’t know lasers were supposed to be colored along with the crystal. Then one day I wondered why ENEMY lasers were colored, but not mine. Seemed strange. I asked someone else and he said “me too - that’s just the way it’s supposed to be, bro.” I decide to investigate further, thus I came here.

Graphics drivers / incompatible graphics card or you’re not running the game on max settings I reckon.

Ask for your thread to be moved into Issues and post your hardware specs, i.e. Windows version, CPU, GPU, driver version, and so forth.

Hello mods, wherever you are. Can we move this to issues?

You can do it by using the @ and the name of an ISD.

@ISD_Buldath, @ISD_Sakimura, @ISD_Fractal … that’s three of the ISD I see frequently around here.

Merged your two threads together here :smile:

1 Like

Perfect :slight_smile:

Eve space is basically a liquid. We all pilot submarine’s