No Downtime - Again!

So, once again, screw the miners! Thanks for that…

Thanks for the chuckle, always good to see a nice passive-aggressive burn!

Good work on the experiment team, looking forward to some sexy, sexy graphs soonTM.

Nice. A downtime at a random time of the day. This is going to be so much better in the future than the daily downtime at the ever same time. :face_vomiting:

Well, not so great. I had 4 disconnects this morning.

1 Like

There was 2 major disconnects that the player base went to 0, at 15:03 and 19:23 UTC, and I have had 4 or 5 disconnects, which I have no dc’s in a long while. might be your end or some where in between.

Besides no other issues so far

1 Like

bananas
with some huffin and puffin :sweat_smile:

At 15:00 EVE Time / UTC.

1 Like

That’s it.
I’m becoming a ganker.
Well done.
Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

Near the prime meridian.

good luck!

I didn’t know New Eden had that, I guess I learn something new every day.

Tricks? No tricks - I know how to schedule my day around DT, but I’m not the typical EVE player. I’m disabled with very limited use of my hands. I cannot play most PC games at all, but with EVE, I can mine and build ships/modules. DT lets me schedule when I know there will be fresh asteroid/ice and mine for a few hours in peace - literally the only peace I get is relaxing while mining and hitting the occasional rat or three.
So you might think those of us who DO like DT are up to some trickery, some of us are not… we simply like the “known schedule” to plan our morning around (morning for my TZ)… but no tricks or exploits.

I was referring to people using downtime to escape stuff and a few other things which are tricks. I really don’t have any problem with that exactly if everyone has the same trick. And they don’t.
As for using it for scheduling that’s perfectly fine and I’m sure some other method could easily replace it, or maybe CCP will just ballance out when resources and all the other stuff that currently rely on half the world being interrupted by downtime replenish themselves or what ever it is they need to do.
Actually I believe that’s part of what they are doing.
They aren’t trying to take something away from anyone with this, it’s nothing like all the nerfs and scarcity (which you have to have noticed if you are a miner) and all that crap, this is an example of actually making the game better.

Have you tried using The Agency? It just tells you where stuff is, no scheduling required.

You mean they’re doing it… again, They tried this a few years back and everything borked up really badly because the anoms didn’t p[rovide enough ore to make them worth the bother of mining… took literally minutes to clean the whole anom out and then hours for another to spawn to replace it.

1 Like

I almost suggested that but figured it was sort of obvious. Now that I think about it though I haven’t looked in the agency in a very very very long time so I actually have no idea if it’s changed. For all I know it could be nothing but popups telling you that you need plex to get revenge and expert systems to survive goon gate camps. You know, all those things that look good on paper and yet don’t do anything.
I wish I could revert to not knowing anything about Eve so I could try those things out, spend a lot of money and experience winning Eve by rage quit.
This would allow me to have a full blown temper tantrum and I could get my self openly mocked on the forums and have people ask for stuff I don’t have anymore.
Exciting!
Alas it’s too late for me, I have seen to much.
If I were bald I could wiped the sweat dripping from my head and whisper “the horror”.
Melodrama at its best.

@Kimberly_Brooke
Aside from the obvious part of having to log off and wait to log on, and that all this stuff replenishes after downtime, what would be the advantage of the current system over things dynamically replenishing on a constant basis? It seems to me that if things come back after some amount of time always it would be better than them getting wiped out at some point during the day and then coming back all at once. During the course of a day they do get wiped out in a lot of places and the people who login after that happens kind of get shafted while people who tend to log in just after downtime have everything handed to them.
Wouldn’t this be better? I can’t think of any way that it couldn’t be better, but I usually don’t run into this unless I’m up super early and in one half of daylight savings time. This part of the year I’m almost always on right after downtime, but I have played a lot right before and it can be hard to find stuff.

Right, that was kinda the intent. It means there’s less ore available for the folks who get mining right after DT, but there’s some ore available for… literally everyone else.

No I did not know that CCP tried this before. Do you have a link to any of it? If they could not get it right last time or even with the new ice anom spawns. I wonder what makes them think they cen get it right this time?

Neither time was ‘get it right’. Both of the one-day ‘No Downtime’ experiments were to see how well things held up and what elements would break/need alteration.

2 Likes

Think it was old forums thing. I’ve been around a long time.

It was 2019 so current forum