No Downtime - Again!

Hello, everyone,

The second ‘no downtime’ experiment is upon us and there will be no downtime on Thursday, September 9 this week. You can read the development blog from @CCP_Explorer to get some additional insights :slight_smile:

We got a pretty cool video in the works and there will be a live stream on CCP TV on Thursday as well. See you there!

12 Likes

As an Australian. Thank you.

11 Likes

Why you dont do this event when battle for M2-XFE happen … ? becouse first round was ended by stupid DT

2 Likes

It’s not like they can plan for those days in advance.

4 Likes

Go go go! A good test for myself to hopefully see less/no API errors during that time too as opposed to the normal DT where the API needs to be throttled on my side to avoid the errors that gets encountered.

10 Likes

What happens to asteroid ores and npc on missions without downtime?

8 Likes

Not sure why the need to remove Downtime, the few minutes it already consists of is fine. I’m thinking that doing server cleanup while it’s active is just asking for problems.

Which reminds me, everyday the Launcher keeps downloading stuff, sometimes without any patch notes accompanying it. So now what with this ‘No Downtime’ thing, instead of the Launcher doing it’s daily download of who knows what, it’ll now do a double download dose on the following day…

2 Likes

So, @CCP_Explorer, just a tiny question…

In 2019, the day #1 memory pressure was at 55%, but these days it is around 35%

Is this because of better optimization, reduced workload from fewer characters being active, some combination of the two…? Just so we understand what you’re looking at.

Ok, so, imagine you’re in Oz. Now every day, in the middle of your prime playing time, DT hits. So every structure timer right before DT basically has to be fought twice. Enemies you have trapped just don’t log back in until the next day, when they login right before DT and escape. And nobody else has to deal with this crap, just where you live. How annoying would that be?

You mean the problems every other major MMO solved 10+ years ago?

Some of that is launcher updates. Some of it’s the new art for the ad carousel. It’s not all about the client, and it’s not ‘daily’, it’s ‘when there’s an update you haven’t downloaded yet’. Sometimes, it happens 2-3 times during a single day. The launcher gives not a single crap about DT.

8 Likes

Not annoying at all because it just ends hours of tidi slugfests. As for structure timers: CCP changed that a while ago and they are paused during DT as far as I remember.

1 Like

Why not just make downtime a “every 7 days” thing instead of every day?

2 Likes

Because asteroid belts only respawn after downtime. Every belt would be wiped out for a week with nothing left to mine if there was no daily reset…

4 Likes

I wanted to write a segment bout why fix something that ain’t broke but then I realized I was being a ‘member’.
However,
what happens to asteroid belts if there’s no downtime? My perception is that they reset at downtime, growing in mass if there was any leftovers, but does the process occur properly without downtime? And if it does, why not transition them towards a more dynamic respawn rate? Mining anomalies also suffer from the same problem, it seems to me.

1 Like

That’s not an issue anymore. Remember, CCP wants to remove all these belts anyway so that they can mess up the mining anoms.

1 Like

Ooops!

Also if there were no downtime, mission runners wouldn’t be able to farm the same mission for a week straight…

1 Like

Amazing news

Also some COSMOS mission items only spawn after DT.

1 Like

Hello, what did you guys did with SSO again???
Pathfinder don’t let me in again:

My boy Arrendis <3

1 Like

Such a shame that. However would they survive :wink:

1 Like