No Downtime Discussion Thread

I don’t know if no down time is healthy, the bots may go on strike if they have to be on all the time.

Hmmm, actually it is about the time leading up to and after DT.

Being on at that time EVERY day, I can assure you there aren’t “many more people on” as you state.

Numbers are about the same (well under 20K) - But what would i know, I’m just an Aussie whose TZ is when DT has been for years.

1 Like

The reason that the test was run on TQ, rather than Singularity, was that TQ has significantly more people moving through it over the course of the day. Which means that you’re going to have more effects from things like memory leaks. It makes analysis significantly easier. Also, people don’t play the same way on both servers.

That was my point. Perhaps you missed that.

So we are back to DT each day? That was quick.

We better be if this happens every day even with dt… Today was awful… Had like 15 client crashes and multiple desyncs + tidi and session change timers right after todays dt. This is just problems today and no need to mention about similar problems happening to everybody after wednesdays experiment. It is a understatement to say something was broken since something big is definetly messed up on server side.

1 Like

I’m all for being snide on the forums, but c’mon man, a little effort is still required… like where/how did you ever get the impression it was for anything other than the 48hr period stated?

It even says “No downtime on Wednesday, 4 December, will be a singular experience!” right there on the blog.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

I got that impression from their plans of when will “random” DTs happen which was already planned for whole week. And now yesterday was DT and today as well and after todays DT chat wasn’t working at all and who knows what else, I wasn’t around for long.

Your “point” would have been difficult to understand as you didn’t really make one in the post i replied to.
I never suggested it should be run on the test server, just that your comment about many more people being on since the last downtime is not exactly accurate.
Bottom line, online numbers haven’t increased a great deal since BO.

1 Like

What? I read the dev blog, a few times now, and no where does it mention random DTs for the whole week.

CCP don’t have much of a clue, I get that, but you’re just making stuff up as you go along, so please stop.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Post 68 in this thread. Whether I misunderstand it or not is a different matter, did I ?

If this is the post you’re referring to, I think you have.

is the important bit, for my mind, the really important parts being “might” (bolded for extra emphasis) and “schedule”, so I don’t think you need to worry about random DTs happening throughout the week.

Giving CCP the benefit of the doubt here, my read of this is that if/when they decide to change things it will be after they have resolved all the pain points identified after this first test and it will be to a schedule. The time that DT occurs may not be the same as it is now but it will be the same time each day of the week (if that day has a DT).

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

I am an ice miner and i liked it. The downtime always resets the 4 hour spawn time.
No downtime means no all-spawn for all empty ice fields but a more mixed spawn cycle for all fields.:blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.