No Downtime Vol. 2 Feedback Thread

EBR-223266

Did we do it? We actually did it. I havenā€™t had a whole lot of issues at all today. Iā€™m pleasantly surprised. Nice work!

EBR-223270 Local chat is not updating properly / different number of players in local on 2 computers at the same time/ in same system.

Sorry to hone in on this butā€¦ thatā€™s very very specificā€¦ just sayingā€¦ :grin:

Thanks, Iā€™ve added these details to the defect for the team to review.

I donā€™t think the drone window blinking on and off is related to no downtime. Iā€™ve had that issue for several weeks now. I just thought it was part of the game (or at least part of playing on an old, under-specced laptop).

I read the detailed bug report (thanks!) and in fact this new behaviour is what was always intended. With downtime then the dungeon needs to be respawned and since we donā€™t store detailed information on the state of the dungeon in the database, then we must respawn it from authored data, including the ore that has been mined. With no downtime, once you have mined the ore, the dungeon is just still there waiting for you to complete it.

What is the EBR number of the bug report?

Yep, we already have a few bug reports and have verified what code behaviour is causing this.

1 Like

Thanks, located.

Thanks, located.

Donā€™t know if related, but had several e-mails not register as being read. (The unread flag stayed, even after close and reopen)

1 Like

thats happened before, wiithout the no downtime issueā€¦

It looks like market history data for some items isnā€™t populated correctly for 9/9 in Jita.

I checked:

• Stasis Webifier II
  • Warp Distruptor II
  • 1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
  • 1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Others either have the right data or donā€™t have any sales for 9/10 so far (Iā€™m assuming) and it shows the date and current time instead of 00:00:00.

In Hek, Damage Control II was missing data for 9/9.

EBR-223276

Submitting a Developer ESI application doesnā€™t work. I doubt this is related but figured its serious enough for a mention incase it is related. It either gives you a error 500 or returns you to the ā€œYour Applicationsā€ page without adding them.

I had a ā€œstack allā€ command today with only about 10 items in my invintory take about 15 to 20 seconds.

I also have a lot of problems with eve portal updating skillsā€¦ the app thinks it has updated but the skill queue does not change.

No major concerns have been noticed aside with some issues with mouse pointer in conjunction with UI clicks ( often have to click twice ), game stutters a bit and log-in screen takes a little longer than usual.

1 Like

Every time a scandown is completed using probes, upon the item resolving a new position in the scan window it stutters significantly for me now. Not an issue with anything local from my side and is new. significant enough to be an issue when wanting to scan things down fast.

1 Like

Hello, everyone,

No Downtime is going well so far. Load on the memory and internal tasklets look healthier than the first time we ran this experiment, and no game-breaking issues have been identified thus far. This is all within the expectations set for the No Downtime Vol. 2!

We want to get as much data, sexy graphs, and learnings from this experiment as possible. Therefore, we will be pushing the daily maintenance by a few hours to get some extra time beyond the 48 hours of service that was initially planned. This will be another important step to gather data that will help drive this initiative closer to the future with less frequent downtimes.

EXPECTED DT DATE & TIME: FRIDAY, 10 SEPTEMBER AT 15:00 UTC
EXPECTED DT DURATION: 20 MINUTES

From a technical standpoint, this is completely uncharted territory for EVE Online. We are genuinely excited to see how our services and in-game chat will continue to perform and this will generate some great insights. The EVE team is well caffeinated and ready to tackle anything that might crop up!

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience. It is amazing that we can conduct such essential experiments on live services together with encouragement from our fantastic community.

You guys are the best o7

15 Likes

Sort the Faction Warfare systems not flipping and remaining in ā€œLostā€ status, please.

5 Likes